Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Ten: Weird

“Okay … Alison, you are overreacting!”, I say, laughing nervously.

“No, I’m not,” Alison says, glaring at me. “Sophie’s dead.”

Everyone stayed silent, and I just couldn’t process that. Sophie was only five last time I saw her …

“Is she … really?”, Roxana asks quietly.

“Apparently,” Alison sighs. “Now, excuse me as I take my revenge on the sorry ass bitch who murdered her.”, Alison growls, glowering straight at Tacey. “You get a one minute head start.”

Tacey didn’t make any attempt to move, just glared back at her. It took everyone a moment to process the next scene. Alison had a knife to Tacey’s throat, sitting on her stomach and baring her teeth.

“You killed my only reason in life!!!!!!”, Alison snarls, the sound so animalistic. “Now I’m gonna make sure you burn alive for what you did.”, and she cuts Tacey’s throat. Or, tries to. Kevin pulls her off, as I grab the knife. “LET GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Alison, calm down,” I say, staring wide-eyed at her.

“SHE MURDERED AN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”, and she was sobbing. “She murdered my real reason to live!!!!!!!!!”

“Alison, this won’t solve anything! Sophie isn’t coming back!”, I yell, desperate for her to calm down.

“EXACTLY!!!!! If Sophie isn’t living, then I have no reason!!!! AND SHE SURE AS HELL DOESN’T EITHER!!!!!!”

“Calm down,” Kevin growls, struggling to keep his hold.

“DON’T TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I MURDERED JOSH?!!!!!”

“Oh, would you please?”

“Aw, thanks for caring, bro,” Josh says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. “This deserves a family hug.”

“I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”, Alison snarls, glowering at him.

“Umm, if I may make a suggestion … there is a way to still … see Sophie.”, David says timidly. Alison calms down immediately, everyone saw it. She jerks one final time, hugging David.

“Please please please please please please please ple—”

“Alright! But I can’t take you.”, David says sadly, rolling his eyes. “But y’all might.”

Alison immediately runs to Kevin, clinging to his leg like a tiny five-year-old. “Please?”

“After the way you just acted —”

“Please?”

“Are you even —”

“Please?”

“Would you —”

“Please?”

“Why I —”

“Enough! I’ll take her! Wherever it is!”, I say, rolling my eyes. “Well?”

“It’s heaven,” Alison says immediately.

“Only specific people can get in. We’re demons already, so we have no hope …”, David says sheepishly.

“Please?”

“What are you begging for now?”, I ask, staring at her oddly.

“Please?”

“I think she’s in shock.”, Ash says, shrugging. “She’s trying to distract herself from her resent news by thinking she’s still possibly around. You know, like as if she’s begging for it not to be true?”

“Please?”

“Ah, that makes perfect sense!”, Nina says, nodding. “She’s begging for Sophie to come back to life.”

“Please?”

“And, umm, Elijah may be helpful.”, Kevin says, trying to pull Alison off his leg.

“Please?”

“Kevin, I wouldn’t do that. She’s still pretty unstable. And right now she’s convinced herself she’s imagining everything. And that Sophie’s just been born …”, Ash says sympathetically.

“Please?”

“Oh, this is so sad!”, I say, frowning.

“Please?”

“I understand what she’s going through. Kind of. I didn’t go psycho. I just accepted.”, Dylan says, shrugging.

“Please?”

“Oh, I had denial!”, Lynn says, raising her hand up.

“Please?”

“That’s nothing compared to what she’s in.”, Ash grumbles. “She’s in a complete trance …”

“Please?”

“Oh my gosh,” I breathe sadly.

“Please?”

“When do you think she’ll get off?”, Kevin grumbles. I hit his arm, glaring.

“Please?”

“She’s unstable, Kevin. And you’re the closest family she has right now. Show some sympathy.”

“Please?”

“That sounds like a chick thing. Here, take her.”

“Please?”

“No, Kevin! You’re showing some sympathy or I’ll — drat, you’re Kevin. I’ve got no threats …”, I think out loud. “Oh, I know! Once she reaches the suicidal phase, I won’t try and stop her.”

“Please?”

His eyes went wide, and he started petting her back comfortingly. “There, there. We’ll get you to see your sister.”

“Please?”

“Good, now keep that up,” I say, turning to face David. “Now, how exactly do we get to heaven?”

“Please?”

“Umm, well … I don’t know.”, David says uncomfortably.

“You better as hell know!!! My niece is frickin’ going insane!!!”, Kevin growls.

“Jeez, Kevin. You like her more than your own brother.”, Josh says sarcastically.

“Gotta kill Tacey.”

“No, no. Tacey’s already dead.”, I say soothingly, watching as her wide brown eyes turn to face me. They were unfocused and childlike, and tears were streaming down her face. “It’s okay. Sophie’s okay, too.”

“Sophie’s dead …”

“No, she’s alive and healthy.”

“Who are you?”

“Ohmyfinggod,” I breathe, taken aback. “Umm …”

“She’s the nice nurse,” Ash says quickly.

“Okay.”

“Wow, she’s out of it,” I breathe, trying to stand up, but Alison gripped my hands.

“Is she okay? Is mommy hurt?”

“Everyone’s fine, Alison,” I say calmly, standing up as she continues clinging to Kevin’s leg.

“Wooooooooooooooooow,” Kevin breathes, patting her head gently.

“She’s out of it, Kev. I think as long as we play along, she’ll stay somewhat stable. You know, not trying to kill anyone.”, Ash says, shrugging.

“And how long till she’ll be back to normal?”

“She may never be normal, Kevin,” I mutter, staring down at Alison sadly. “We may have to watch her closely, though. Max, Martin, see what you two can do.”, I say dismissively, running into my house and grabbing my laptop, coming back out and sitting in our outdoor dining area.

“Well, she most definitely isn’t the same.”, Martin says, shaking his head, her hand in both of his. “She’s completely lost. She wants to kill Tacey … and I’ll help her.”

“I’ll join with that,” Max mutters quietly. “Her mood is stable, though.”

“On the outside. Inside she’s … tortured?”, Martin says, shaking his head again, letting her hand fall.

“Damn it,” I breathe, frustrated. “Next is suicide, right Dyl?”

“Yep. Next is suicide. I suggest a fence at the edge of the cloud from now on.”, Dylan says, frowning. “Or gluing her to Kevin’s leg.”

“Ha ha, funny,” Kevin says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. “Although, that wasn’t a half bad idea.”

“We all know she won’t get away with anything with you around her.”, Forrest says, rolling his eyes.

“Then she’ll go through a depression. You’ll probably think she’s dead …”, Lynn says sadly.

“She’ll be like a zombie. Doing everything she’s told, hardly ever talking.”, Dylan says.

“Then she’s never be the same,” the new girl says, sighing. “Hey, Alison,” the new girl says, kneeling down beside her.

“Hi,” Alison says, looking like a little child. Then the new girl did something that shocked everyone completely. She changed shape. Just like a shape-shifter. She changed into Sophie. “Sophie!!! You’re alright!!!”, Alison says, hugging the new girl.

“Yes, I am!”, and that wasn’t the new girl’s voice. It was Sophie. I looked next to me to see that new girl, making me jump, startled.

“I can bring people back to life if they’ve been dead for less than twenty-four hours.”, she says quietly.

“Thank you,” Alison says, hugging her. “Bless you!”

“How come you never told anyone you could do that?”, Kevin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Nobody ever asked,” she laughs, as Alison let go. “I’m Mirabelle.”

“Nice to meet yah. Oh, and this is my sister, Sophie.”

“Hi!”, Sophie says, smiling. “I’m Sophie!”

“Hey, Sophie, do yah remember me?”, I ask, kneeling down beside her.

“Melody!”, Sophie says. “Roxana and Jolie!”

“Hey, Sophie!”, Roxana says, hugging her. “You scared everyone.”

Sophie starts giggling, running around happily with Alison on her tail.

“Sophie’s also healed,” Mirabelle says sheepishly. Alison runs back over, hugging her quickly.

“BLESS YOU, MIRABELLE KRISTEEN JOHNSON!!!!!!”, Alison yells, letting go to pick Sophie up. “C’mon, Soph! We’re gonna go make you a pretty dress, and put on makeup, and then we’re going to a big party!”, Alison says, skipping with Sophie in her arms, Jolie and Roxana following excitedly.

“You remember how to dance, right Sophie?”, Roxana asks excitedly, as she nods.

“We almost lost an angel,” I mutter as they go out of earshot. “You boys better dress nice. Alison’s just gotten her sister back. And y’all better find a big party, too.”, I say, smirking as I run after them with Mirabelle. “Hey, wait for us!!”

♠ ♣ ♠

Sophie was dressed the best by far. Pale pink, purple, and blue were on her silky ballerina’s dress. She wore a diamond tiara, and little makeup. She was beautiful and angelic no matter what, though. Alison was going through all of our closets to find the perfect little purse for Sophie. Not that we minded. Everyone loved Sophie. Even those new boys fell for her. Oh my gosh … is that Duncan?! I think, shocked as I see his black hair out of his face, revealing his black eyes, as he smiles — I’ve never seen him smile before, okay? — at Sophie!

I was wearing a simple short white dress, with a pale blue belt tied into a bow. It was strapless, heart-collar, and stopped just above my knees. I also wore white fingerless fishnet gloves — so that I didn’t look completely innocent. My hair was curled into long waves, and one side of it was pulled back by a white rose. I wore white eyeshadow — with pale blue glitter — and clear lipgloss — as always.

Alison, though, was wearing a dress she let Sophie design. Which meant lots of glitter. She even let Sophie tell everyone how to do her makeup. Her dress stopped above her knees, and was loose-fitting. It was sort of poofy toward the bottom, but Alison didn’t mind. It was blackish-bluish-purplish — depending on the lighting and angle. It was strapless, with a heart-collar. Alison surprisingly loved it. She even loved her makeup — dark blue-black eyeshadow with purple glitter and clear lip gloss. Sophie also made Alison curl her hair. Sophie was adding a lilac colored rose to Alison’s hair, as Alison added a pink one to Sophie’s.

“Alright, is everyone ready?”, Alison asks, looking around.

“Aren’t we always? Oh, and Sophie! You were right! I really love this dress!”, Mirabelle says, smiling.

“Yeah, Sophie, you are a genius,” I say, twirling. Sophie giggles happily, as all of us walk out.

“Wow,” all the boys breathe.

“Melody?!”, Dylan, Josh, and Kevin ask together.

“The one and only,” I say, twirling. “Sophie designed, Alison colored.”

“And then added the accessories,” Alison says, glancing up at me for only a fraction of a second, before picking up Sophie. “And who is going to be this beautiful princess’s date?”

“I’ll do it!”, David says, smiling hugely. “I’ve never met an angel before.”

“Sold to the Rebel Demon who has to follow all my rules or I’ll kill him!”, Alison says, smirking.

“Think I already know ‘em,” David says, smirking as her as he takes Sophie, who giggles at him.

“Don’t kiss her, no matter what she says.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes.

“I can’t find her,” Martin grumbles.

“Find who?”, Alison asks, staring at Martin oddly.

“Alison.”

“That’s because she’s standing right in front of you, idiot.”, and Alison whacks him on the back of the head.

“Oh, hey Alison! You look … different.”, Max says carefully.

“Get used to it,” Alison says, crossing her arms over her chest. “Because I’m dressing however Sophie wants me to for … eternity, now.”

“Eternity?”

“I’m a dedicated person,” Alison says, walking over to Sophie, picking her up. “Sorry, I’m gonna steal your date, David.”

“Naw, it’s okay.”

“C’mon, Sophie! Lets go show the world what we’re all about.”, and a hole appears under all of us. Sophie closes her eyes, with Alison covering her ears as I catch the two of them.

“Not your smartest idea ever, Alison.”, I say, as I set those two down.

“Maybe not. But it is most effective.”

“True,” I say, nodding in approval. “Now, to crazy-Willy’s!”

“Who’s crazy Willy?”, Sophie asks.

“A friend of Melody’s,” Alison says absentmindedly, skipping with Sophie is her arms.

“Anybody got the feeling that we may have just exchanged Alison for some happy girl that looks like her?”, I ask, staring after Alison oddly, as her and Sophie start dancing down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Comment?

Sorry ... it's probably not that good ... what, with all the drama and heartbreak and psycho-ness at first. And then, all the sweet happiness and lovey-dovey mush.

Also, I put Alison and Sophie up on the character up. So, check 'em out. lol