Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Eleven: Sweet Sixteen

It’s my birthday. Whoo. Yeah, I’m not very excited. School had just finished, and Alison was still living with us. Sophie went back home. Why? Because Alison threatened to kill us if we didn’t send her back. And trust me, the look she gave us was terrifying.

“Happy birthday, Melody!!!!!”, Alison yells in my ear, making me fall out of bed.

“Ohmyfinggod, Alison!!!! Warn someone!”, I yell, standing up.

“But then where’s the surprise?”, Alison says innocently. “Besides, I wanted to be first! And Dylan’s already on his way!”

“Okay, okay! Whatever! Get out!”, I say, pushing her out. I take a speed-shower, changing into a neon-green tank-top, black mini-shorts, and dark blue flip-flops. I comb through my golden blonde hair, adding a black head-band. I put on some neon-green eyeshadow, dark blue glitter, and some clear lip-gloss.

I walk out of my house, immediately greeted by Dylan, as he screams, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELODY!!!!!!!!!”

“NICE TO SEE YOU, TOO!!!!!!!!”, I yell, equally loud. Dylan hugs me, making me burst out laughing. “Oh, gosh, put me down!”

“Okay,” Dylan says, setting me down on my own two feet. “Besides, Nina’s taking you on a shopping spree!”

“Oh, no,” I groan.

“Oh, yes,” Nina says, smiling. “C’mon, Mel! We’re gonna have the funnest time ever!!!”

And so began my day of torture.

♠ ♣ ♠

Finally Nina was taking me home. Almost. She was taking me into this salon. Which wasn’t really a salon. All the girls up at Fallen were just pretending. But, it felt like the real thing.

“Okay! You can open your eyes!”, Alison says excitedly.

I obey, looking down at my outfit first. It was — mainly — neon pink. It was ruffled below the waist, with a neon purple belt wrapped around and tied into a bow. It had neon blue zebra stripes on it — which I oddly loved. It stopped above my knees, heart-collar, and just made me feel kind of important. My nails were painted, and it changed colors — all of which were neon. I had a neon green head-band, and neon red high-heels. My eyeshadow was neon — that changed colors depending on the lighting — and clear lip-gloss. I felt like a walking neon-light.

“You look beautiful, Melody!”, Alison says, hopping behind me in her blue-jeans-dress. Her hair was pulled back by a jean-headband, and her nails were painted different shades of blue. She wore blue eyeshadow, with blue glitter, and clear lip-gloss on her pale pink lips. She was even stumbling in highheels.

“What are you doing?”, I ask, staring at her oddly.

“C’mon, and trust me! You’re gonna love me for this!”, Alison says, grabbing my hand and pulling me outside.

“HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!”, everyone yells, smiling at me.

“Oh. My. Gosh!!!!!”, I yell, shocked beyond belief.

“Play the music!!!!”, Alison yells, and my favorite song came on. Everyone starts dancing, including Alison. I laugh with her, as she nearly trips before I help her up.

“Alison, you’re gonna kill yourself.”

“I know, that’s why I’m now wearing these,” and she slips on some ballet-flats. “Sweet sixteen or not, they aren’t worth it.”

“Yeah, they aren’t,” I laugh with her, as we start dancing.

“Mind if I steal Alison from yah?”, Martin asks, smiling at her.

“Have her back before the party’s over.”, I say sarcastically, as Martin twirls Alison away.

“Mind if I steal you?”, Josh asks sarcastically, twirling me.

“No, not at all,” I laugh, singing along to the song as it changes.

“I didn’t know you could sing.”

“That’s because I can’t,” I laugh, as Josh twirls me.

“Sure sounds like you can!”

I laugh just enjoying this sweet Sweet Sixteen party. The whole cloud was decorated. And everyone from school was here.

This is the best birthday ever, I think, as Josh twirls me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter …
But the next one has some surprises that you won’t believe!

Also, I’ve started a side-project with Death is Unpredictable through Alison’s POV, seeing as how she has such a huge roll in the story. So, check it out. It’s called Prediction of Death! Hope you like it!

Comments, please?

Melody’s Sweet Sixteen Play List