Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Thirteen: Fighting Practice

I woke the next morning, smiling. I got to spend my birthday with all my friends, and had the awesomest party of all time! Naturally, I’m in a good mood. I sit up, stretching, soon hopping out of bed, and immediately dancing. There was this really good song playing. I change out of my PJs, and into a dark purple tank-top and blue-jean mini-shorts. I put on some baby-blue eyeshadow, skipping the glitter, and putting on some clear lip-gloss. I brush through my hair, fluffing it a little before I see where the music is coming from. The stereo was still here, and Alison was playing with it, a huge smile on her face.

“Hey, Melody! Kevin let me keep it!”, Alison says happily, grinning ear to ear.

“Well, it was a good song to wake up to.”, I say, smirking.

“You’re telling me! I love Latino Pop!”, Cecilia says, as she starts dancing in her PJs. Cecilia is one of a kind. She dyes her hair, streaking it into a rainbow of colors to prove her uniqueness. We don’t actually know what color her hair is. I think it’s blonde. But, who knows? She won’t tell us.

Alison soon joins her, turning it up louder as I join them, and all three of us sing along to the song. Kevin comes out grouchily, glaring at Alison.

“Turn. It. Off,” Kevin growls.

“Nope. This is the price you pay when handing me this awesome stereo, uncle Kevin.”, Alison says, smirking at him as she dances along to the song. “Should’ve thought before you bought.”

“Hey, that rhymes!”, Cecilia says, smiling. “I like things that rhyme.”

“Ooh, dancing!”, Roxana says, joining us. Jenny and Lynn soon join our little party, followed by the rest of the girls. Even Mirabelle joined the party. We all sing along, waking up all the boys, making them grouches. We all giggle in unison, continuing to dance.

“Oh, a party! I’m on the party side!”, Max says, joining us in dancing as the song changes. Alison sings along, seeming to know the lyrics by heart. I shrug, continuing to dance along. Alison soon starts messing with the stereo, and all us girls start singing again.

“I’m like a DJ back home.”, Alison says sarcastically, as all us girls start singing along.

(Ladies)
So if your dude ain't actin right,
You tell that dude he got to go,
If that dude be clamin that he broke,
You tell that dude he got to go
If he wants you to stay in the house everyday and night,
You tell that dude he got to go
If he wants to run the streets,
Then you run the streets to and you tell him he got to go


Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight,
Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight
(Lets go! )
So whatcha think about that,
Whatcha think about it,
So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby)


Tonight we're gonna switch up,
I'll do you, you do me,
Tonight your gonna stay home while I run the streets


What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that baby,
What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that?


Baby!, Imma let you play my part,
So you can feel a broken heart,
Let me just talk, make sure that you call
So I can say it


Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight,
Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight
So whatcha think about that,
Whatcha think about it,
So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby)


Tonight your gonna call me a thousand times,
Tonight I'mma make up a thousand lies


How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that baby,
How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that?


Baby, Imma let you play my part,
So you can feel a broken heart,
Let me just talk, make sure that you call
So I can say it!


Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight (that's right),
Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight, oh


So whatcha think about that, (oh)
Whatcha think about it, (oh)
So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby)


Okay!
Hol up, whatcha think about that,
You wear the dress and I put on your slacks,
Tonight I'm goin out and ain't comin back,
You ain't gonna get no more pussycat,
See me in the club I'm out with my girls,
Do like you do when your out with your goods,
Up in the club it's just me and my girls
Play like Katy Perry kissin on girls,
Now you can't eat or sleep,
And now you in the house thinking about me,
And now I do what you do to me,
And now I love to see you weeping


Baby, Baby (baby) somebody's gonna cry tonight (somebody's gonna cry to tonight)
Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight, oh


So whatcha think about that, (oh)
Whatcha think about it, (tell me)
So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby)


(Oooooo baby, hey)

(Ladies)
So if your dude ain't actin right,
You tell that dude he got to go,
If that dude be clamin that he broke,
You tell that dude he got to go
If he wants you to stay in the house everyday and night,
You tell that dude he got to go
If he wants to run the streets,
Then you run the streets to and you tell him he got to go


(Baby, baby)
Oh baby, somebody gonna cry tonight, oh, somebody gonna cry tonight, baby!
”, we sing together, laughing and giggling in unison, all dancing along to the song in perfect rhythem.

“You gotta know that song to be a true girl!”, Sissy and Barbie say together.

“Yeah, whatever. Just turn it down or I’m taking it away.”, Kevin grumbles.

“And then I murder you in the morning!”, Alison says in a sing-song voice, smiling sweetly. Oddly, those are when you know she’s telling the truth. I shiver as I think of what’s going through her mind.

“I alreay died. The idea of death no longer scares me.”

“But dying in your afterlife means one of two things: you disappear completely. Or you go to heaven or hell. But either way, you’re not here anymore.”, Alison says, smiling as she skips over to the stereo, changing songs. “Ah, my current obsession.”

And one of the songs I had sang last night blasts through the speakers. Alison gives Kevin a smirk, dancing with the rest of us.

“Alison!!!”

“Yes?”

“Turn. It. Down.”

“Why? You’re not going to sleep. And besides, I’ve got bad news. You did the research, right Max?”

“Yep. It ain’t looking good, Kev.”, Max says, frowning. I stop dancing, and look between the three.

“Aw, crap,” I breathe, as Alison turns off the music.

“What’s on your mind? Another kidnapping by Thunder?”, Kevin asks sarcastically.

“I wish. No, this is so big that we need Thunder, Kevin. We even need the Rebel Demons. David talked to the rest, and they’re willing to help … but …”

“Spit it out, Alison!”, Kevin growls.

“But … it may not be enough. Kevin, you have to believe me when I say this! Your sister, Raine, betrayed us all!!”, Alison says, staring at the ground.

“What did she do?!!”, Kevin growls, shaking her.

“She turned us in for housing Rebel Demons! They’re outlaws, Kevin!! And they’re taking it as a sign of war — OW!!!!!!!!”, Alison screams, kicking Kevin as hard as she could until he finally let go. “Gosh, Kevin. You could’ve at least waited until you had to use force to get Josh to help.”, Alison yells.

“Who are they?”, I ask, frowning. I knew the answer, but I wanted it confirmed.

“Hell. Hell is coming after us!”, Alison says, jumping back from Kevin immediately. “They’ll come on the warmest day. July 1st. They won’t stop until all of us are dead.”

“You’re going home.”, Kevin says calmly.

“I knew you were gonna say that. That’s why I looked harder. They’re expecting me there. And you wanna know who’s their hostage?”, Alison says through her teeth, glowering around. “Sophie.”

Alison’s voice was deadly calm. Her expression was completely blank. But I knew what was going on inside. She was dieing. Slowly. She wanted revenge. And she wasn’t letting Kevin or anyone get in the way of that.

“Max helped me with my past dreams. My mom e-mailed me this morning. Sophie’s missing. That’s how the pieces are fitting, Kevin. And if you think for one damn second that you can just send me back to Kentucky, then you’ve got some hell waiting for you.”, Alison says, her voice giving away the deadly sense that everyone knew she was feeling for only a second. “They took Sophie, now I kill them. Josh will be here shortly. Either he agrees, or I … lets just put it as, I have ways to get him to agree.”, Alison says, smiling slowly. She turns away, walking away slowly.

“Damn,” I breathe. “First Sophie dies, now she’s kidnapped. Oh, Alison’s got a way, alright. It’s either agree, or she’ll frickin’ kill you!”

“Hell right!!!”, Alison growls, standing by the stereo system. “All of you will learn how to kill demons. If you don’t like it, then you can talk to your tombstone about it.”

“I vote for helping! They mess with one, they mess with all!”, Duncan growls. “And Sophie was where they crossed the line.”

I smile, nodding as I step forward, standing next to Alison.

“I second the gesture. We need everyone to work together.”, I say gravely. “And if we don’t, then we’ll die anyway.”

“We better as hell not!!”, Alison snarls, the sound so animalistic. “You all probably don’t know this about me, but I made a vow. A vow that is why I’m threatening your lives this very second. I vowed to protect Sophie. And if I can’t save her from some sorry-ass demons, then I’m just gonna take out this damn world.”, Alison growls. “Now, you’re either with us, or against.”

“I’m with Alison,” Kevin yells, stepping toward the other side of her. “She hasn’t led us the wrong way since we met her. Whether it be when Melody got kidnapped, to as simple as what we’re about to say. She hasn’t let us down.”

“And for the more … questionable. When I’m angry, I’m about as deadly as a venomous Kevin.”, Alison growls. “So, trust me. I could beat him in a heartbeat … right about … now.”, and Alison pins Kevin to th ground. And you could tell he was expecting it, as he immediately began struggling. But Alison won. She glances up at everyone sharply, standing up. “You don’t want me angry.”

“Good tackle,” Kevin grumbles, standing back up.

“Josh,” Alison says, spinning around. “Welcome to the war.”

♠ ♣ ♠

Nobody believed her. But Alison got Josh to join us. The Rebel Demons came shortly after, and together we all sat and watch. David and Alison stood side by side, seeming to almost study all of us.

“To catch everyone up, we have hell on our tail.”, Alison says, smiling darkly.

“They want a war. Nothing less.”

“And they’ve taken something very dear to me, in hopes of our surrender. But what they don’t expect, is revenge.”, Alison growls. “They’ve taken my sister. And I’m in no mood for any smart-ass comments, Tacey. Because, guess what? I can tear you to shreds right this second.”, Alison growls, her face deadly calm. “But, I won’t. Because we need even the dumb bimbos.”

“Some of you have abilities. Which is good. Use those to the fullest advantage. They won’t be expecting it. But, whatever you do, don’t use fire. That’s their advantage.”, David says gravely. “Alison here is going to show you basically how to use your advantage to the fullest. That, and the fact that she’s probably the only one brave enough to go up against five demons at once.”

“Just hit me with all you’ve got.”, Alison growls.

“Rick, Vince, Koby, Steve. Lets get this over with.”, David sighs, as they all line together, charging at Alison at once. She does a flip over them, banging two heads together in the process. They fall to the ground, unconscious. Alison spins around, ducking as David throws a punch.

“Turn it up a notch, David. I hardly hear a thing.”, Alison growls, sliding under him. Rick tries grabbing her, but she trips him. “Aww, so sad.”, Alison growls. Another goes running after Alison, as she punches him in the gut, making him double over, falling to his knees. Alison punches his head, and he’s out. David’s the only one left. Everyone can see the hesitation in him, the considering whether they should continue. But Alison was focused, and already running for him.

“Mercy!”, David yells, as she punches his gut. Alison straightens up, looking at all of us. Tacey opens her mouth, but Alison’s sharp glare shut her up. “Umm, well, as you could obviously see, Alison used her anger as an advantage. And her psychic ability.”

“Actually, I didn’t use any psychic ability.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes. “It was all easy whenever you want revenge. Imagine your worst enemy. A horrible time in your life. Let the anger bubble inside of you. Kevin, imagine that you’re killing Josh.”

“Can do,” Kevin says, smirking.

“Aww, I love yah, too, bro,” Josh says sarcastically.

“Tacey, you imagine Melody and I.”

“Ooh, I’d love to do that.”, Tacey snickers.

“Duncan. Lets show them true anger.”, Alison says, smirking. “Duncan’s a gang-banger. He knows his street-fighting.”

“And I won every fight,” Duncan says, smirking as he stands up. “Until I got shot.”

“And lets make this battle a little more interesting.”, Alison says, her smile menacing. “Choose your weapon, Duncan.”

“How about an old fashioned roulette?”, Duncan says, as two guns appear.

“Absolutely —,” and a gun shot silenced him.

“I win,” Alison says, smirking.

“Damn, witch. You’re ticked.”, Duncan says, disbelieving, a hand over his chest. The guns disappear, and Alison looks around.

“The war begins July 1st. We don’t kill immediately. We found out what they know.”, Alison says, her voice holding a frightening deadly edge. “I want my sister. I don’t care if the King of Hell comes here himself. I’ll kill all of you if you don’t follow my rules.”, Alison growls. “You’ll each learn how to fight a demon. I know their every move. This is my fight. Kevin, shut up.”

“Alison, this is all of our fights.”, Kevin growls.

“You can think that all you want. But do you wanna know something? You’re not related to Sophie. None of you know her. None of you were there when she was born. None of you were there her first day of school. None of you were ever there!! And I was the one who met the Rebel Demons. I was the one that convinced you all to keep them here. As far as any of you are concerned. This is my game.”, Alison growls, glowering. “Now stand up. And follow my lead.”

We all stood up, and began following her lead. She kicks, we kick. She punches, we punch. She ducks, we duck. And it goes like that for the rest of the day. With Alison studying our posture and perfecting us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?