Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Sixteen: Plans

Alison hadn’t slept, but you could tell she didn’t want to. She was distracting herself, practicing her fighting. I didn’t get why, though. Alison’s fighting style was the most flawless out of all of us.

“Lets take a break,” Alison yawns, already heading toward the dining area, sitting down and lying her head on the cold table-top.

“What’s the news for the war?”, Kevin asks, as I sit down across from Alison.

“Well, the demons will probably be human. Because in daylight —,” she broke off with a yawn, her eyes slowly closing as I hear the sounds of her soft snoring.

“Let her rest,” I say, nodding toward Alison.

“What’s our war status?”, Josh asks, taking a seat beside me.

“Ask Alison. She’s still half awake. And she’s been having visions, Kevin. Like Nina. She doesn’t need sleep anymore.”

“Damn,” Kevin breathes.

“You’re telling me,” Alison grumbles, yawning. “And what I have in mind is —,” and she was out again.

“What has she seen so far?”, Kevin asks quietly.

“What hasn’t she seen, is the better question, Kevin. She’s seen the war, Sophie, King of Hell, Thunder, us, the Rebel Demons. It’s getting scary. They’ve been coming more frequently. But nobody’s dieing. Yet.”, I say sadly.

“That is scary. If they get to the point where she can’t fight —”

“Max and Martin are my back-up, Kevin. Don’t worry. David’s helping me, too. I’ve already thought about it.”, Alison says tiredly. “And I want our mind-readers toward the sides. They can deliver messages to any bystanders. I want Nina and Colby in the center, where most of the attack will be held. And I want Roxana and Jolie as Nina’s back-up.”

“Okay,” Josh says, nodding. “I’ll tell Beatrix and Colby to get over their whiny-asses.”

“Thanks,” Alison mumbles. “All the Rebel Demons are our back-up. Anyone who screams, they’ll be right there. Tell everyone.”

“Can do,” Kevin and Josh say together.

“And I want Dylan and Duncan together. They both have the experience. And I want Kurt with Duncan. Those two balance each other, they get along well. But Kurt is strictly back-up. Barbara’s leading Sissy and Barbie.”, Alison says, lifting her head off the table, using her hands to play everything out. “I want Jenny, Lynn, Mirabelle, and Cecilia with Barbara and them, though. Put Brendan, Connor, Eric, and Jeremy with the Rebel Demons. They’re useful for that.”

“I’ll tell them,” Kevin says, nodding in approval.

“Can you put Joan and Tacey together? I want them as back-up for Beatrix. Keep her in line, yah know.”, Alison yawns the last sentence. “Umm, Adam and Tyrone … back-up for Ash. He needs it bad. Put Leo, Charles, and Grant there, too.”, Alison says, her head on the table. “I’ll be right behind you three, who will be positioned behind Duncan and Dylan. Forrest, Doug, and Lambert with be with them, too, like Kurt.”

“So, wait, I have to work with Josh?!!”, Kevin yells, standing up.

“You two are the leaders here. I need you two working together, please? And Melody’s a pro fighter, and having Dylan there focuses her. I need the two leaders in center to give out commands. And you three are our best bet at winning.”, Alison says tiredly, fighting to keep her eyes open, until they finally closed.

“I say, we listen to her.”, I say, shrugging. “Alison knows what she’s talking about. She’s thought this through. She’s making sure that no one dies on us.”

“I see what she’s saying, Kev. Keep the pros in the center. That way they won’t know what hit ‘em. And she’s even keeping herself out of the action for yah!”, Josh says, nodding in approval.

“Now that you mention it, that doesn’t make sense, Josh. Alison has been training like a dog.”, I say, frowning in disapproval at her sleeping figure. “She’s planning something.”

“Does it matter? She’s being smart for once.”, Kevin says, glaring. “She’s trained for the unthinkable.”

“But she would know ahead of time, Kevin. Think about it. Alison’s a better psychic than Nina and Colby combined.”

“And I understand why she put them together.”, Josh says. “Remember? She’s looking for anger. Those two aboslutely despise each other!”

“So, we just set things up the way she wants.”, Kevin says, nodding in approval. “But then what about the rest of Thunder.”

“Put them in between the psychics and mind-readers. Make them feel like they have an advantage. And I want back-up for Colby. He’ll feel threatened without it. But choose two of your most loyal, Josh. I don’t want Colby tricking them.”, Alison says tiredly, looking at all of us. “The last thing we need is people switching sides.”

“Most of Thunder likes Sophie. Martin, Joan, and even Tacey are just a few.”, Josh says, shrugging.

“That’s Sophie’s gift from the angels. Everyone instantly loves her.”, Alison says, smiling. “If anyone sees a tiny child, inform me and kill anyone around her. I don’t want Sophie hurt anymore when this is over.”, Alison growls, sitting up. “Do you know what she looks like?”

“Everyone on Thunder saw her.”

“We couldn’t hurt her if our own lives were at stake.”, Kevin says, shrugging. “But why are the psychics in the center?”

“That’s where most of it will happen. Any visions, and the mind-readers will be informed immediately without hesitation. Nina would inform Ash, Colby would inform Beatrix. I don’t want anyone dieing, remember that.”, Alison says, smiling. “I’ve thought this through.”