Thus the Siren of Blood Was Born

Chapter Two

Crystal was so scared when the vampire sunk his fangs into her but before she knew it, the lights went out and everything faded to black. She could taste a slight metallic taste in her mouth and then...nothing. She was dead. Is this heaven or is this hell? Crystal had no idea. She didn't know if she were alive or dead, in limbo? Was her family okay? Was it only she who died? Crystal had no clue. But she gained one very soon...

One thing was true, though Crystal had been enamored with the vampires; the thought of something other worldly, indifferent roaming the countryside, staying well enough hidden for her to have never heard about them before... it struck her interest. But when the vampire actually took her life...she'd never been more afraid.

On the night of November 2nd, All Souls Day, she slowly awoke. She couldn't exactly breathe that well and soon figured out, she didn't need to breathe. She felt of her neck, the fang bites...there was no pulse yet she was awake. How could this be? Crystal slowly crawled her way through the dirt and tasted fresh air when the dirt parted.

She looked around, it was dark, she was in the village cemetery she could tell that much. So she had died? And she had been buried? Crystal stood up and looked at her tombstone, "beloved daughter Crystal Morgan, 1872-1888, 16 yrs." Crystal sighed heavily, she died at only sixteen years and died unfortunately an unwed virgin.

Crystal heard the faintest of noises and looked over to the treeline, seeing the male who had bit her step out of the darkness. It infuriated her to see him, bringing back all the memories of that evening to her... She felt a bitterness towards him, yet at the very same time... an undying attraction.

"So you're awake,"

he chuckled softly, that Irish accent. She wanted to kill him. Kill him for killing her. It sounded just inside of Crystal's head. But unfortunately, just as she, he was already dead. She remembered something he had said, you cannot kill what is already dead...

"What did you do to me?" Crystal asked, having already knew the answer deep inside her mind...but needed confirmation.

"What did I do to you? Haven't you figured it out? I saved you from death." The male said, trying to sound as if he was a bringer of life not a messenger of death.

"No, you killed me and now I can't die." Crystal said as he looked away from him, not wanting to gaze into his eyes any longer from across the cemetery field. Her heart didn't beat, she had no breath. She was a zombie....no...even worse.

"You're a vampire." Angelus walked to her, rolling his eyes slightly. "You can thank me for it later."

"Thank you?! Thank you for what?!"

Crystal screamed. She pointed to the graves near her, her father, her mother, her younger brother and sister. Family she would never see again, they'd never see her. She'd never be an Aunt to her siblings children... she'd never have a mate and children of her own.

"Thank you for killing my family? For turning me into a monster? I can already feel my thirst!"

When Angelus had said the words, vampire, it had clicked inside of Crystal's head. Hence how she knew of her thirst; she had figured that painful burn in her throat was what it was. Her eyes were blood red, which wasn't a normal thing for vampires. Normally their eyes were normal and when their face distorted, they gained yellow eyes. But not this one.

"Your eyes are red," Angelus pointed out to the newborn. "That's a sign of power," he added, rather curious as to what powers she may possess. He knew he'd smelled strength, but what kind of strength?

"To hell with power, I want life. I want MY life back." Crystal mumbled, walking away from her grave, hearing him following behind her. It seemed he had a fascination with her, a cruel one at that.

"Who are you going to drink first?" Angelus asked, watching as Crystal was heading into town. It was the middle of the night, what was she hoping to accomplish other than feeding?

"I wish I could drink you, and leave you for dead, just as you did me."

Crystal smirked and turned towards him, Angelus had a smirk on his face as well; albeit his was menacing one.

"Doesn't work like that." Angelus said wittily but Crystal shot back at him, "I'm not retarded."

The blonde scoffed and continued walking underneath the moonlight. No matter how hard she tried to get away from him, Angelus continued to trail. He would be damned if he was going to give up on her that easy. He pursued Dru for months, nearly a year and got what he wanted...he'd do the same with Crystal. Just hopefully minus the psychotic break Dru had.

"Three rules. Stay away from the sun, stay away from wooden stakes, and don't get pissy with me because I might just rip you limb from limb. I'm your sire, I'm stronger."

Angelus laid down the ground rules for Crystal, but she wasn't having any of it.

"Boo hoo, I think the ripping limb from limb sounds quite nice right now. After all, I don't want to be a vampire, so why don't you do me a favor huh?"

Crystal wanted to die. She wanted to be with her family, that was the truth. Crystal started the walk from the town square back to her home, with Angelus following closely behind her; wondering within his own mind, what the hell was she wanting back here?

"What do you want from here?" The vampire asked, confused as to why a newborn vampire would go back to her home.

"You'll see,"

was all she said before going to the door and going in. Angelus was able to follow her, now that no one lived here, the house didn't have the barrier stopping them from entering. Something else she'd have to learn soon.


Angelus followed the female, Crystal, back to her bedroom where she began getting things out of drawers. They weren't your everyday things, however. They were that of witchcraft. It surprised Angelus, though, he had known she would surprise him from the start.

"I knew I smelled something about you," Angelus chuckled and Crystal shrugged her shoulders.

"I've been practicing witchcraft for years behind my parents back. So that's the power you smelled eh?" Crystal asked in her British accent and Angelus simply nodded.

"Drusilla has visions of the future. I thought she was the most powerful vampire ever sired until I smelled you from the woods. You smelled even stronger. I knew if I could only turn you... you'd be an invaluable asset. You see, I drove Dru a little mad...but you, you're not mad at all."

"Glad to know I smell strong." Crystal commented, ignoring a lot of his 'life story' since she was focusing on finding all of her witchcraft accessories. Things she'd had to have well hidden from her parents, when she was actually alive. When they were actually alive.

Everytime Angelus tried to compliment this girl, she took it the wrong way. Perhaps she was a waste of his time, but then again, perhaps she wasn't. He knew she was strong and knew they could probably cause a whole lot of hell together. That he was certain of.

After all, an eternal life wasn't fun to Angelus unless you were causing a little hell, havoc and mischief. That's a vampires sole duties at least. Angelus watched Crystal gather up all of her things and put them in a small black bag to carry with her.

"A vampire carrying a purse, how cliche." Angelus said, sounding rather annoyed with the young vampire.

"It's a fucking satchel, you dick." Using language like that striked his interest. Did ladies even know such words? Apparently so. Crystal was the undead now, with no parents to beat her with a razor strap for such things. Crystal was free, in a way. Yet damned, stuck on Earth in another.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Angelus asked, asking it to purely upset her., knowing her well enough already to know that it would. What was a conversation without him pissing someone off?

Crystal glared at him, "Not anymore considering you killed her." She hadn't realized Angelus asked it to be a blatant dick.

"Technically Spike killed her, but whatever." Angelus rolled his shoulders a bit, he didn't really care about her mother whatsoever. If he would have, she'd be alive and not this darling daughter of hers. Angelus looked at Crystal as he spared her life, that she owed him thanks but the newborn vampire had other ideas in repaying him for eternal life.

"Spike, let me guess, the blonde male vampire?" Crystal quirked a brow, remembering now that she'd seen him. He hadn't been too horrid looking, but he'd been all over the other vampire, the dark haired female. The one that acted insane...Drusilla.

"That'd be right." Angelus said with a bit of a nod; Crystal shook her head and walked past Angelus, leaving him there to look onward at her. Mainly he just watched her ass as she walked. Though Crystal could sense where his eyes were as she walked away; it was too bad she was too much of a virgin to call him out on it. Maybe in a year or two, he thought to himself.

"So where are they? Your cohorts?" Crystal asked him and Angelus shrugged.

"Around. I told them I'd rather wait for you by your grave alone. Instead of deal with them tonight."

It was honest truth, Angelus was getting tired of each of them. Dru's insanity, Darla's vanity and Spike's never ending struggle to become the leader.

"Oh how sweet,"

it was a sweet gesture, Angelus was trying it out on her but apparently she'd thought it was purely sarcasm. She was beginning to know him better than he thought she would... Damn him for being the king of sarcasm and a Jedi Master of bullshit. Whatever that was. When they got outside, Angelus grabbed the blonde's arm and turned her towards him, looking down into her red eyes.

"Why are you so defensive? You didn't seem like you were... like this, when you were human."

Angelus was quick to figure out that Crystal as a vampire was not the same little pathetic human, with a scent full of power. She was very different and he couldn't decide if he liked it or lumped it.

"Well I'm not human anymore, am I?" Crystal said rather angered, especially now that he had a hold on her arm. She tried jerking it back, but his nails only dug into her skin further.

"Well obviously not but still. Even my own attitude didn't change that fast. For the first few years I was afraid, Darla had to bring me blood on a silver fucking platter."

Angelus pointed out, something Crystal probably would have never guessed about her sire. To her, he was strong and had always been strong...but maybe that was that sire and sired bond they shared...that she wouldn't know until many years later was as strong as it was.

"Well Angelus, I suppose you bring out the real me." The blonde-vampire said to the elder-vampire and shrugged her petite frame. She pulled away from him and started her walk again, unnerved from their confrontation; though her arm did hurt quite a bit now.

"How long until sunlight?" Crystal asked her sire, turning her head back to look at him for a moment.

"An hour and a half. You'd better make your meal quick." Angelus said, feeling useful for once. Vampires could smell the sunrise since the dawn of time, he thought at least.

"Obviously, you pretentious ass." She barked at him, setting out to find her perfect victim for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, Crystal is rather bitchy. xD This will continue. LOL.

Word Count: 1,964