Thus the Siren of Blood Was Born

Chapter Four

Crystal certainly wasn't use to sleeping through the daylight hours. The sixteen year old was use to gardening, tending to her flowers, spending time with her younger brother and sister. Spending time with her loving family. Visiting her Grandparents. Having a school lesson.

Those thoughts are what woke the newborn vampire at around four thirty PM, just fifteen minutes before sunset. Rolling around in the bed, Crystal felt someone's arms around her and couldn't help but faintly blush, what little blood she had from this mornings snack allowing her to do so, at whose arms were around her.

"Angelus,"

Crystal whispered ever so quietly and kissed just below his ear, hearing a low purr from the elder male vampire. Crystal could feel his hand rubbing over her lower back and she grinned a little, feeling the need to just...hold onto him in ways she'd never held onto anyone before.

Surely it was the connection that was between them, the sire and the sired.. A bond that no one could explain really. Angelus felt the same way however, about Crystal. Something about her...something, he had no idea what...put him in his place like none other. Though he would be damned if he actually showed that she got to him in the ways that she did. He'd never let anyone see it, not even her.

Once it was dark, all the vampires in the small barely held together shack were awake. Crystal sat in Angelus' lap on the bed that they'd had all night to themselves; his arms tightly around her, his head in her neck rather... possessively. As if he was stating, "you're all mine", in some way or another.

Crystal knew she was all his. She wanted to be all his. Yet at the same time, she wanted to murder him. Even though the young blonde vampire didn't have a soul and her thirst for blood was probably stronger than any emotion right now...she still hated Angelus and the others for killing her, her parents, and her younger siblings. It was something she thought she'd never get over. Never forget.

It was such a bittersweet love. Crystal looked up to Angelus in a sired/sire, father/daughter...one day lover type of way. But she also hated him in such a fiery passionate type of way. They were gathering at the door, to go out and hunt. Crystal stayed behind on the bed, closing her eyes. Darla laughed softly from the door,

"Afraid we'll laugh at you for how you hunt?" Her Victorian style voice rang and Crystal cut her eyes over to her,

"I hunt just fine thank you." The youngest blonde vampire muttered. Drusilla smirked from the doorway and slowly walked to Crystal, taking her hand, rubbing the back of it gently.

"Come dear sister... I will show you how to play with your food, it's always the funnest way to hunt..." she giggled rather madly, tugging on Crystal's hand quite hard.. If she were human, Crystal's arm would have flung off of her.

"Fine. Fun."

Crystal mumbled and let Drusilla drag her out of the small shack. It's not the fact Crystal didn't want to go out and hunt... but somehow, she had a little bit of a conscience. She didn't really like hunting. Though she did enjoy impressing Angelus. As they neared the town centre, it was the same town Crystal had been born and raised.

"I refuse to hunt here. I'm not doing it. I killed a little girl my family knew this morning and I won't do it again." Crystal said firmly, planting her two feet upon the ground and not moving towards any of the hustling, bustling humans.

"Do not talk to us like that, we are your elders!"

Darla snapped and Crystal rolled her eyes; her feet coming unglued and she started walking through the town, away from them. If they didn't want her, they wouldn't follow. But something told Crystal, they DID want her...so they would follow; or at least Angelus anyway. And it wasn't long until she heard the group behind her.

Crystal walked clear through to the other side of England that night. Vampires were a little faster than humans at walking. It wasn't a run, or she'd have got there VERY quickly but it was a slight jog. Needless to say, it took only a few hours.

"We'll hunt here." Crystal snarled as she smelled human blood not far from where they stood.

"Campers?" Angelus assumed and Crystal nodded some, closing her eyes. She focused on the beings for very few moments before opening her eyes again.

"They're asleep. Perfect time to take them.." she whispered and took off at a very fast paced run. Of course the others were quite baffled at this.

"How is it she can run like that Angelus?!" Darla shrieked, Crystal confusing her and upsetting her with her gifts more and more and he just shrugged,

"Perhaps I created a monster."

He admitted to his own sire and lover. Angelus however was thinking of power with Crystal. If she can hone her skills, she'd be indestructible. Darla, was thinking the same thing...but in negativity. Then again, Darla never did have the aspirations to own the whole planet and make the humans her slaves, like Angelus did. Darla just wanted to control Angelus, mainly and she knew, Crystal wouldn't allow her to do that any longer.

He wanted them all to suffer. Angelus wanted to rule them all. Be a vampire king of sorts...though, he supposed that the Master and Dracula sort of shared that role. If either one were still alive at that moment. He hadn't a clue. They were two beings that eventually he planned to overthrow...

Following behind the young blonde vampire, the others disbanded in a circle type of attack, taking the other three campers. Crystal was a newborn, therefore, no one complained when she drank two of them for herself. Especially not Angelus. The more human blood she drank, the more powerful she'd be, he reminded himself.

When Crystal finished, she was still rather parched from only having one human girl that morning before sleeping all day for her very first time. Sleep really did deplete the blood source for a vampire. They'd store more blood in a fight than they do sleeping.

"I'm still hungry,"

Crystal admitted and the others chuckled, all except Darla. Darla had been a vampire for so long now, she didn't remember just how hungry you were as a newborn vampire. Then again, when she was turned; she had been dying of syphilis. Perhaps the first few months of vampyric life was different for her. But no one would ever be sure, not even her.

"We'll find more." Angelus said, humoring his new power-beauty.

"Please....please Daddy I'm dying of thirst," Crystal begged, a rather childlike emotion came over her as she hugged him tightly. Both Darla and Drusilla crouched in a growl and Angelus just smirked,

"Daddy's here," he purred to her. Thus the beginning of even Dru calling Angelus, Daddy...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you're going to see the word "centre", in the story. I did NOT spell it incorrectly. In England, they do spell center, centre. Or at least, in the OLDEN DAYS they did. So please, do not think it is a typo! :) Thank you!

Word Count: 1,144