Status: Completed;

Darling, You're With Him

Two;

“You two are picking me up?” I asked into the phone.

Indie sighed. “For the billionth time, yes, we’re picking you up.”

I held the phone far enough where she couldn’t hear and groaned. I did not want to be in the car with Indie and Him. They were probably going to hold each other hands’, or even giggle into each others’ ears. I didn’t want to watch that.

“Chris, you still there?” I heard, bringing me back to the conversation.

“Yeah, how long are you going to take to get here?”

“Like five minutes.”

The last five minutes of happiness for the day was what I really heard.



What I said did happen. They were holding each others’ hands and giggling. I was a bit jealous, but I felt like barfing more. When I see my parents doing that, it doesn’t bother me at all, though.

“Okay, so how are we going to do this?” Indie asked once we got inside the movie theater.

“You two get the candy, and I’ll get the tickets,” Hayden suggested.

“Sure,” I mumbled.

Indie squealed. “Let’s go, Chris. I feel like eating Sour Patch Kids. What do you want?”

I looked into the glass where they held the candy. “Hmm, I want M&M’s.”

“Yummy.” She giggled, rubbing her tummy in circles, making me laugh.

After we paid for the food—candy, popcorn, and drinks—we met up with Hayden, who was sitting in a bench near the bathrooms.

“So, when does the movie start?” Indie asked him, giving him his drink.

“8:45.” It was 8:40.

“Well, let’s go before all the seats run out,” Indie said, motioning her head.



I barged into the bathroom, fast. Barely reaching the toilet, I barfed.

We were watching a horror movie.

I hated horror movies with passion.

They sickened me.

Plus, I had a past with them.

A really bad memory, I might say.

Seven year olds are not supposed to watch horror movies.

Always listen to your parents when they say that.

Always.

Done, I exited the stall, going to the sink next.

I washed my hands and mouth. Do you want to know what I hated, besides horror movies? Barf taste.

“Can’t handle the movie?” I heard.

I looked to see where the voice came from. It was Hayden, smirking with his legs crossed in a “cool” way. He was going to tease me, of course.

“What do you want?” I asked rudely, washing my hands one more time.

“Why did you even come if you couldn’t handle the movie?” he asked in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes. “One, Indie asked me to come. And two, I didn’t even know we were going to watch that kind of movie.” I cringed a bit.

“Dude, I know you like my girlfriend. Why can’t you just leave us alone? She likes me,” he said, completely ignoring me.

“What are you doing in here?” I asked, ignoring him this time.

“He so likes her,” he muttered to himself.

I coughed, interrupting his conversation with himself…and he was in the doorway.

“Can I go now? I need to go back to the murder murder death blood gore movie,” I said, irritated.

“Look, Christian—”

“Christofer—”

“Whatever. I want you to know that Indie likes me. And,” he got closer to me, “if you get in between us, you’re going to regret it.” He then shoved me into the wall and started walking out.

Before leaving, he looked behind his shoulder. “P.s. I’m going to enjoy breaking her heart.”

Well, my day just got better.
♠ ♠ ♠
WORD COUNT: 598