Status: Comment

Stupid Little Game

Stupid Little Game

I stared at the swing that sway to my left. The very swing that you carved your initials into. The very swing that once held your tiny frame. The very swing that carries our last happy memory together.

The chains are smothered by a big layer of rust. It creaks with every gust of wind that fails to carry it off. The swing is far to heavy for such a thing. You would say that it was far to stubborn like yourself. You'd be disappointed in me at how bad I let it get. That I only ever visit it once a year. You would never abandon it like I have. After all. it was your swing. This was our swing set, no matter what anyone had to say.

I placed a single lily on the faded, red seat before standing to leave. I turned to face the swing set, remembering that single moment as if it were yesterday.

* I slowed to a stop so, I could catch my breath. Damon was right behind me. "Hey Sky?" He asked with that oh-so-certain smile plastered to his face. I knew what that smile meant from the first time I set eyes on it. "Yes?" I asked as if I didn't know what he was thinking. "Can we play our game again?" I answered him with a smile and we both took off, swinging as high as we could. Seeing who could get closest to the sky. *

Through out the eight years of your life. The one thing you wanted most was to reach the sky. Perhaps I was being a sore loser but, I wish you would have never won our stupid little game.