Forbidden Meetings: A Vampire/Witch Story

Chapter 2

Rayne's P.O.V.

Riley and I went further down into the forest. I could smell the sweet aroma from the flowers. I tied my hair in to a pony tail as i pucked 2 white tulips. Riley on the other hand found a single blue rose. I loved blue roses. Not because they were blue, but because their scent was far different from a regular one.

Later on, I looked for ivy. It was hard because i kept finding poison ivy. Though i finally found some. Riley knew quite a bit about Dragon Seeds. They were found near an herb called "Dragon Orchids" which could cure people if they were poisoned. Dragon seeds were found under the herb.

The lake by my house was fresh and pure. If you kept walking down from it, it would emerge to a waterfall. I sometimes took nice showers there. I carefully placed the water into my small potion bottle.

Last, but not least, morning dew. Luckily, it was there every morning by my bedroom window. I had obsessed to get it myself, but Riley grabbed the extra empty bottle i had and did it himself. He jumped and landed on my balcony. After taking a sample, he threw it back down to me. Luckily, i could catch.

I placed all my ingredients downstairs where i kept all my spell materials. It was dark, though I always used candles. There was a fireplace in the corner with a large table in the middle of the room. Shelves along the wall had extra materials such as cinnamon, rose essence, lavender etc...

When I headed back upstairs, Riley was already cooking something.

"I thought you'd be gone already." I said.

"Not without eating something." Riley replied. "Does Mac and Cheese sound good?"

"Sure, but i honestly can't imagine that from a vampire." I said as i sat at the table watching Riley poor the pasta.

"We can live off human food, though we need blood to survive. Human food doesn't give us much nutrients vampires need. Blood does that for us. By the way, is the chair and table wooden?"

"The chair's wooden, table's marble." I replied. Vampires can easily get hurt with wood. Don't ask why.

I rested my head on my hand. This isn't normal. A vampire and witch talking to each other as if there was no war. I am against the whole vampires vs. witches, though it was dangerous if his vampire friends come around and found me withe him. He is the vampire prince. I hope he leaves soon.

Riley handed the plate of mac and cheese to me. I lifted my head up and took the plate. Riley sat on the counter just a meter away from me.

"What were you thinking about?" Riley asked curious.

"Nothing. I thought you could read my mind." I said.

"Nah, my sister can. I can run faster than any vampire. Also i can fly." Riley pointed out.

"I see." I swallowed some mac and cheese. "Any other questions?"

"Yeah. Why do you have blue streaks in your hair?"

"I mastered in witchery. So as a reward, my powers gave me a different colour in my hair. Plus a tattoo."

"And where might that be?"

"You don't need to know that." On my back, near my shoulder.

I got up to place my dish in the sink to wash. Riley was right beside me. Every so often, my arm would accidentally hit him arm. I washed his too. After i finished i led him to the front door.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Lord Riley." I said. "I can tell you have mixed emotions. When i first saved you, you had a pleasant, calm voice. The moment when you discovered where you were, you turned into a rude, obnoxious guy. Now, it's somewhere in the middle."

Riley froze for the second time today, but he smiled this time. Something i had never seen in my life. My words moved him.

"You see right through me." he said. "I never got you're name."

"Rayne." I said softly.

"Rayne. I'll remember it. You know you're the first witch who hasn't encountered war with me. Thank you for that."

"My pleasure, Lord Riley. Goodbye then."

"Call me Riley, no lord. And this isn't the last time you'll see me. I'm not leaving so quickly." Riley started walking off.

"Wait! What do you mean by that?" I called out, but he had already disappeared.
Guess I'll have to wait and see.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Riley's P.O.V.

I woke up from the sound of crickets chipping and frogs croaking. I had fallen asleep by the lake. The moon's reflection looked glorious on the water. I sighed.
I couldn't leave without seeing her again. I had no clue why but her kind hearted personality just draws me toward her.

I got up and walked over to her house. I sensed around if there was a barrier by her house, like yesterday. I got extra bruises from just approaching her house. Funny how she hadn't put one up today.

I jumped in a single leap to her balcony porch. I opened the door. Like I had hoped, it didn't creak. I stepped inside. Normally, I would have to be invited in, but Rayne was a witch, so I can come in whenever I please.

Luckily, the floor was titled, not wooden. The walls were painted a lilac purple. Nothing on the walls. By the balcony door was her bed, where she slept soundly. Across the bed was a desk with a rolley chair.

Rayne had a cotton, blue tank top on and was barely under the covers. She slept on her side, which reveled her tattoo on her left shoulder. It was a cross with a swirl going across it. Her soft snores wanted me to hold her, to make her sleep in my arms.

Wait! What the heck am i saying? I have no feeling for her. It forbidden. Though, even if i did like her, she wouldn't have the same feelings for me. I sat on the edge of her bed.

She shifted and was now lying on her back. Her neck was exposed. Her soft neck was filled with warm, delicious blood. That's when my eyes flashed to a blood red and I swiftly moved closer to her. My fangs drew out as I moved closer to her neck. As I was inches from her neck, I felt an odd barrier. I got up, shocked. Rayne eyes opened wide.

"Riley?" she said startled. "What are you doing? In my room!?"

"It's not my fault a barrier wasn't shielding me off." I replied coolly. "You should really put one on."

Rayne sat up looking pissed off.
"I mean, what are you trying to do? Suck my blood? You do know that is entirely impossible."

"May you explain why? Because this usually never happens."
"You don't need to know that...."

Suddenly, i felt a presence that was coming up the stairs. I stiffened.

"What?" Rayne asked.

"Someone else is here." I replied coldly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there you have it. The second chapter. Now if i can find the records of my story in my journal, i'll post the 3rd chapter today or tomorrow. :)