Forbidden Meetings: A Vampire/Witch Story

Chapter 3

My eyes turned black as the figure stood by her doorway. He had red hair and was tall, a few inches shorter than i was. He smiled, showing off his fangs.

"Ah, Lord Riley. Didn't expect you to be here." he said.

"You brought a friend?" Rayne asked, sounding slightly shocked.

"No way would I bring that piece of crap here." I let out a snarl that made Rayne back off more.

"Excuse me? I merely came here for that delicious looking witch." he said. "You wouldn't mind if I took a little bit from her, would you?"

That set me off. I sprang toward him and knocked him to the floor. I grabbed him from his collar.

"You have no fucking reason to be here." I said snarling at him in a harsh tone. "Leave now, or die."

He threw his hands in surrender, moving his hands above his head.

"Fine, fine." he said walking off. He glanced at me from the stairs.

"I wonder what the queen would say." he said in a tone which I could only hear.

He started to walk away. I stayed by the stairs till I heard the front door close. I sighed and turned toward Rayne.

"Are you ok?" I asked calmly.

"Yeah." Rayne replied. "You should go now." She settled back into her bed.

"Promise me next time, you will put a barrier." I told her. She hadn't heard me because she had fallen back asleep. I sighed.

I went over to her desk so I could write a note. A book sat on top of her desk.

"A Reference Guide To Witches." It read. I was curious about it.

The book had a steel, grey cover with writing in bold.

"People Who Have Pure Hearts And Would Like To Know The Secrets From This Book Shall Be Accepted. Those Who Don't, Shall Suffer With Consequences."

I closed my eyes and concentrated.

"I would like to know about the barrier on Rayne's neck." I thought silently.

Suddenly, the book opened up and the pages flipped vigorously, as if wind had blown it with a sudden gust. It finally stopped at a headline called, "The Vampire's Barrier."

I read.

"The vampire's barrier is one of the weakest barriers but also, one of the barriers that are most effective. When a witch casts this spell on his or herself, a invisible barrier will be there (this also works if the caster casts the spell on another witch). For casting this spell, check page 213.

When the spell is casted, the witch will be protected if a vampire trys to bite them. As a result, the vampire will feel the barrier whereas, witches will feel a slight shock. To cancel out this spell, the witch must be in love with the vampire. The vampire can or cannot have a mutual feeling, though the result is the same.

Note: There hasn't been any records of witches in love with vampires due to the war."

So that's what is is. Any blood sucking for me, and I'm doomed. Not unless Rayne falls in love with me. I turned to glance at her. She was perfectly sound asleep in her small bed.

Nah, she couldn't love me. Though, I could. What I'm about to do right now, is something I'll regret my whole life. I moved closer to Rayne till we were face to face. I lightly brushed her cheek with my lips. I slowly moved to her lips. It was a soft kiss, so she wouldn't wake up.

I love Rayne, and i can't regret that.

I pulled away and left the room with a note on her desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, so i found my journal and you guys should be expecting a lot of updates in the next few weeks. Thanks for reading. Comments would be nice :)