Sequel: Cuddles and Cupcakes

Dreamcatcher

All too common.

Lanky hands entwined, Alexandretta and Basil raced up the staircase into the Smegenday commons. Alex was taken aback momentarily. The Gryffindor common room was clean, full of plush chairs and pillows and smiling faces. The Smegenday common room was about half the size, twice the people with stone walls and floor, and there was chaos everywhere. There were empty pillowcases strewn across the room, a first year in a rabbit cage and a pungent odour unlike nothing she'd ever smelt, and she had been within seven metres of Bella, for Norris' sake!
"I know, I know, but the bedrooms are a hundred times worse" Basil said, reading his girlfriend's thoughts. "And anyway, it's a room with a beautiful view." Alex looked around. No windows. "That may or may not be, the cheesiest, worst line I've ever heard." she said, squishing his cheeks.

"Nyaww, 'dis be de amous gurl, ay?" said a dark skinned boy, with hair that stood up vertically, as if it was trying to run away from the boy himself. " Name's 'Arrison. EYCHE, AYY, RISSON." he shot a grotty hand out in Alex's direction, and pulled her into an unwelcome brohug. By reflex, she began punching and slapping the kind boy, before Basil pulled her away.
"Got a little fight in her, ay?" sneered a boy on the other side of the room.
"Got your socks stuffed down your jocks, ay?" Basil retorted, flashing his shining white grin, making Ali's heart flutter.