Sequel: Cuddles and Cupcakes

Dreamcatcher

Apologies

"Fetti!" Basil said, leather boots pounding against the pavement. "I didn't think you would mind! Really! I'm sorry!" Alexandretta turned around, pink fringe flopped over her eyes in a feigned attempt to hide the two black lines that were streaked down her cheeks. "You violated me. You stole my thoughts. Why did you think that would be okay, prince charming?" She didn't wait for an answer, but instead ran up a staircase just as it changed direction.

Basil Blackengreen was left standing in an archway, when Fred and George Weasley, the resident mischief makers literally bumped into him. "Why the long face Baz?" asked Fred, genuinely concerned about his friend. "Did ya girl dump ye?" teased George, pulling his girlfriend Bella Morgendoffer closer to him, and winking at her as he did. "Yeah, in fact, she did George. She just isn't my girl yet."

Basil frowned, as envy flashed in his eyes at George and Bella's relationship. They had been dating for three months, after she dumped his little brother Ronald. Although Bella had attended Hogwarts for nearly a full year now, she still broke the rules and wore a boy's uniform, claiming that she was gender confused just so she would have extra comfort.

The Twins were stunned, as Bella began fiddling with her purple faux-mohawk, obviously showing that she didn't care about some boy's girl trouble. George frowned at her, as if to say "C'mon, have a heart!". Bella was helpless against George's commands, and immediately feigned sympathy and asked Basil who the lucky girl was. "Alexandretta Beastley, the new girl. You wouldn't have seen her, she came in during dinnertime last night, and I was assigned to help her settle in. No, you and George were too busy filling all the un-lit fireplaces with invisible Floo Powder to even bother showing up."

Bella's eyebrow (The other one was burnt off trying to make a sparkler bomb) shot up in disbelief. Alexandretta, her beloved All Halloween friend! Bella had meant to write more often, but had only gotten around to writing three letters before she realised that she had been addressing them wrong, and was too lazy to try and find her real address. Alex, she thought, the only other person who understood her mischievous ways at 'Weens. The person she had stayed up late with every night for two years straight. She was finally here!