We're All Just Victims of a Crime

Chapter 15

Gerard's POV

I had never realized just how easily bored Frank could get until fifteen minutes into the ride back to my apartment. If I'd counted right he had changed his position in the seat at least thirteen times. Some of them I still don't know how he managed without being able to see. Then again when I thought about it, it was Frank.

Sighing loudly he drummed his fingers across his knees and groaned, "Gerard, I thought you said you knew what we were doing?"

"I do and its called driving, Frankie." I answered simply as I took my eyes off the road to glance at him.

His boredom was evident with the light dip at the corner of his lips. Up until now he had been silent minus the time where he had been humming quietly to himself. I could handle the bored and quiet version in a car, but a bored and whiny Frank? It just couldn't end too well.

"Your driving sucks," he stated randomly with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"How would you know? Did you feel me run over anybody?" I shot back.

"Nope, just the fact that you got defensive proves I'm right."

"Yeah well… suck it Frodo-OW!" I groaned reaching over to grab my stinging arm.

"I'm short, but not that short thank you very much."

"Jerk," I grumbled reaching out to turn the radio on and wince at how much it stung to move, "that really hurt Frankie."

"I didn't mean to hit you that hard, I didn't even think I'd get you. Does that make me double awesome?" he grinned widely.

"No."

"Well fine then. I take it you're going to bore me until we get to wherever you're taking me then?"

"Bore you?" I scoffed causing him to giggle.

"Well if you want me to bore you then," I leaned forward and turned off the radio, "we can't have that."

"No!"

Reaching out for the dash, his hands trailed looking for the radio dials only to be stopped by the shortness of his arms. Huffing he reached for the strap that went across his chest and pulled it behind him before going back to his search.

I couldn't help but smile as I reached out and grabbed his hand in mine the moment he was close and brought it towards me, kissing the back of it.

"Gee," he groaned causing me to laugh.

Tugging on his hand I pulled him towards me until he was resting against my side over the glove compartment.

"Comfy?"

He nodded against my shoulder and held onto my one hand with both of his. His fingertips tracing random lines over my skin as he began to hum softly to himself once again. I got lost in listening to him, the feeling of him being close, and watching the road that when he stopped it almost startled me. After a few miles he still remained silent, not the 'just enjoying himself' kind of silence either. I could practically hear his mind turning.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking," he muttered.

Lacing my fingers with his I lifted his hand to kiss his knuckles in a reassuring manner and laid our hands in my lap.

"What are you thinking about?"

"My Mom told me about a surgery. You know, for my eyes?"

"What? To make you see again?" I would be lying if I said that hope didn't fill me instantly.

"I don't know. They might not even be fixable. She just mentioned it last night, completely out of the blue."

Nodding I kissed the top of his head and looked back at the road.

"Well, no matter what I'll be here for you. Working eyes or not. I'm not going to be a dipshit anymore. Or well I'll try not to be. I'm only human."

"Promise me?"

"I promise Frankie, until the end."

He sighed resting his head back on my shoulder and once again went back to tracing little nothings on my skin and humming, not as quietly before stopping once more.

"Gee?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you turn the radio back on? You're still boring me to death."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so SO SO SO sorry everyone!!!

I don't really have an excuse. I was pretty fed up with Mibba for a while and went to posting everything on deviantart and then just complete forgot about this on here.

Writers block has been a pretty big bitch and I'm just now coming out of it.
This is pretty much just a filler.
I totally forgot what I was going to have them do on their date.
I'll probably just skip it then.

Any who!
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story so far!
Right now I'm working on my other stories so I'm hoping to have something up for them soon.

And now for my favorite part...

Kiss-My-Battery -- Impossible! You're my reader therefore I love you more. :D

X MCRMY X -- I know right? I remember I had something genius planned and then I just... forgot about it. lol But you have a good idea. Thank you my dear!!!

Frankenberry. -- Si. Hopefully he continues to notice when he makes them. :D

ZombieChild -- I like that! A lot actually. I think it would be good for Gerard to realize just how much this has affected Frank, especially since Frank hasn't really talked about it. *Plots for future chapters*.

TheBall00ns -- Updated!!! Sorry it took so long. Enjoy!

Thank you all so much! I love you dearly. Let me know what you think, yes?
I apologize for any errors.