We're All Just Victims of a Crime

Chapter 6

I walked into the coffee shop and spotted him sitting over in the same seat, sipping away from the cup in his hands. Ordering a black coffee I made my way over and sat down in front of him.
“Hello again,” he smiled sitting his coffee down.
“Hi. So how are you?” I winced as the scalding hot liquid burned my throat.
“Good... I’m cold, but I’m getting warmer. How about you?” I shrugged taking another sip, slowly this time.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing, just my best friend and I are arguing. Nothing big.” he nodded.
“Are you sure though?” I took a moment to think about it, realizing I didn’t want to talk about it I nodded.
“Ok then, so, you ready to go?”
“Uh yeah,” he stood up pulling on his coat while I just grabbed my coffee and followed him out.
“So Gerard, seeing as you told me you’re not from here, where are you from?” he struck up the conversation the moment we were out the door.
“Jersey, born and raised. What about you? Have you lived in New York City all your life?” he shook his head.
“I was born in Buffalo, when I was nine my parents shipped me and my older sister out here. What about you? Do you have any siblings?”
“Yeah, Mikey, he’s still in high school though.” I stated thinking back to how angry he was with me, frowning I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head. I was going to have a good day.
“Gerard? You still with me?” he giggled, I looked over at him.
“Sorry. I was thinking, what’d you say?”
“I asked if you and your brother were close? My sister and I used to fight all the time, then when I told her I was gay... it like... cured whatever the hell was wrong, and now we’re best friends.”
“We used to be close. I’ve made some decisions that he’s not too happy with right now, and I’m pretty much ignoring him.” I sighed.
“That’s horrible! Why would you ignore him?” he grabbed onto my arm, and for a moment I stopped looking down at it, but started walking before he would notice.
“Uh... I was in a relationship, with his best friend. Things happened... he got hurt, and we had broken up right before that. Well he’s blind now, and I’m up here and he keeps telling me that I shouldn’t be here, that I should be down there with the both of them.” he was quiet, and when I looked at him he appeared to be deep in thought.
“Why don’t you just visit then?”
“It would be too hard.” I stated, it was the truth though.
“Why would it be too hard? I mean... do you still like him?” I froze as the words left his mouth. I had heard that question quite a few times lately. Did I still love him? Did I even like him anymore?
“I’ll take the silence as a yes then?” I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He looked at me and nodded, more to himself.
“How long ago was it?”
“Couple of months. He was in a coma for a while, from head injuries. It was a car accident.” images from when I had first seen him after that had finally managed to get him somewhat stable flashed in my mind. I grimaced and his hand on my arm felt like it weighed a hundred pounds.
“I’m sorry, I’m glad he’s okay now.” I looked back up at him to see the concern on his face.
“Thanks, me too.” I replied quietly.

We continued to walk around the city, talking about random things until he had to go to work. Making my way back to the apartment I quickly found that Bob had gone and left me a note on the door.

Hello douche :) check out your room. We’ll be back at about five.

“We’ll? When the hell did you get a girlfriend and not tell me?” I mumbled to myself shutting the door and turned on the lights. Tossing it in the trash I took off my jacket and headed to my room. Opening up my door I looked for maybe a box, or something retarded. I was not expecting to open up my door and find Frank laying on my bed. When I walked over, I noticed he was asleep. He was gripping one of my pillows while half of his warm face was buried into the other one. Breathing slowly his eyes twitched under his eye lids and I couldn’t help but smile, he looked too cute. Quickly forcing it away when I realized I was letting myself get attached again. Walking over to my closet to hang up my coat, I messed up and knocked over one of my boards I used to prop up my drawings causing a loud crack to ring through the room. Looking over at Frank who was now sitting up, wide eyed.

“Sorry.” I mumbled hanging it up. He settled back down, leaning against the wall and pulled his knees to his chest.

“How was your date?” the question caught me by surprise.

“Date?” he rolled his eyes.

“Jared right? I heard Bob telling Mikey about it, they tried to be quiet.... but I still heard them. So, how was it?” I sat down at my desk chair and faced him.

“It was okay. How long have you been here?” I asked trying to change the subject, running a hand through his short hair he shrugged.

“What time is it?” I glanced over at my clock.

“A little after three thirty.”

“About an hour. Bob called us late last night, told us where you lived. I didn’t want to come though.” I frowned.

“Why didn’t you just stay home?”

“Well let’s see... because your brother literally drug me to the car and its not like I can run away.” he stated with a bitter edge in his tone. I frowned, I shouldn’t have asked.

“I’m sorry.”

“Me too.” he huffed and I looked up at him.

“Why are you sorry?” I asked curiously.

“For believing an ass like you.” he grumbled crossing his arms. He quickly unfolded them and felt around the bed, finally picking up his jacket and pulling out a packet of cigarettes.

“We can’t smoke in here,” I stated and he groaned.

“That’s the dumbest fucking rule ever. Where the hell can I smoke?”

“Outside.” growling he put them back up and tossed his jacket.

“Wonderful.” I stood up and walked over picking it up.

“Come on, I’ll take you outside. I could use one too.” I grabbed his hand and helped him out of my bed. Going over to my closet to grab my jacket, I helped guide him out of the apartment, still holding onto his hand and then downstairs. When we made it out the door he cursed hugging his jacket to him making me laugh.

“Shut the hell up Gerard.” he grumbled sitting on the ledge.

“I don’t think you should sit there, what if you fall off?” he rolled his eyes.

“Didn’t know you cared.” I frowned sitting down on the one opposite of him and pulled out my smokes, quickly lighting one and placing it between my lips.

“Do you need help lighting it?” I looked over at him and he nodded.

“Mikey’s trying to help me where I guess its just normal muscle reaction or something? I don’t know, he was going on one of his little speeches about smart science things and I wasn’t paying attention.” I nodded, knowing full well he wouldn’t know and lit it for him. Going back over to the other ledge, I sat down and watched him. Making sure that he didn’t turn too much and fall off, hurting himself.

Watching him, felt like I was watching something beautiful in a movie. It was the perfect scene. Late September, snow ready to fall, the sun already dying down because of the shorter days, and then there he was. He was just sitting there, eyes set on nothing, but so much emotion was in them that it didn’t matter. There was a single streak of light that crossed his face, illuminating his hazel green eyes. His cheeks rosy from the cold, his hair disheveled from just waking up.

Just sitting there, existing, answered the question that everyone had been dying to know. Jared would never be enough, no matter how much I liked him. He would never be enough because I was still in love with Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good chapter... yes???? ^_^ He loves Frankie!!!!!!!! And I know that... the time is pretty much screwed up, I realized that yesterday when I typed this... but I don't have the patience to go and fix it all.

Can you all do me a favor???.... Maybe read I See Your Face in Everything its a vampire Frerard.... and I'm excited about it.

I love all of you who are still leaving me comments! They make me smile... like really fucking big.

LATF-Hipster -- Aw, I'm sorry :( but I wasn't trying to Punk you :( I only punk my best friend.... I had her convinced that they kicked Johnny Christ out of A7X... muahaha... my arm was bruised for like a month after that one. Hopefully you like this chapter???

Lotte_music -- Hahaha... I imagined him in a cat costume.. like the male version of cat woman. With this little cat head on his chest, and when you pushed it, it meowed. hahaha. Well... maybe Gerard finally woke up ^_^

Glamour!Kills -- I want to strangle him too... well not so much anymore :) Bob deserves his own applause pit. Literally its just a bunch of people who just clap for him, he could sneeze and they clap. It is an addiction, I know *sigh* I can't wait for November 22nd... its like they're teasing us on purpose.

MCR'SavedMyLastLife -- Aw :( you don't like Jared??? Jared's sad now lol. Yeah, he is a pretty cool teacher, and Bob is most definitely awesome.

Hezzarther --Haha, you're the reason why I had Bob call him a douche in the letter. hahaha.

Psycho. -- Yes, yes he does.

EmyB56 -- I giggled... when he winked, and my brother looked at me with crazy eyes and called me a stalker. I loved that wink *dreamy face* lol. Yeah... a lot of people hate Gerard right now.... and that could possibly change... very soon.

Sybil Vane -- Wow, thank you for the awesome comment ^_^ and I think that pretty much any girl, or gay guy's favorite part in that video is Frank winking. It was genius! I mean seriously, did they not realize how sexy and cute that man is??? He did get the best name for himself! He always gets the good shit... but he's Gerard... so that justifies everything haha. Thank you again!!!

Nona Alice Jones -- O_O but I don't want to pop any poodle balloons... even though I can't stand poodles!