Status: On hold (break). Sorryy.

Call My Name

Ch.15- Enemies

Hilary Hailey Cole

The only girl I absolutely hate in this school.

She's filthy rich because of her daddy, has everything she wants, gets everything she wants, rude to everyone who isnt rich, and is a complete whore.

We have been mortal enemies since first grade. Man, I still remember everything back then like it was yesterday…

“Oh my gosh Jared James is so cute!” Summer said to her best friend Hilary.

“I know! I call dibs!”

“Uh, I saw him first! No way!”

“So? I called dibs first, so back off!”

Jared James, the cutest boy in the first grade came up to the little girls, smiling, and says to Summer, “Hello, beautiful. I would like to play with you in the sandbox.”

He was a charmer. Little Summer followed him to the sandbox and left her mad friend alone for the rest of recess. After recess little Summer and Jared are walking back to class together holding hands when Hilary comes up behind Jared on the other side and whispers something in his ear, that Summer can’t hear. When Hilary is done telling Jared whatever secret it was he turns to look at Summer with the most disgusted face ever. He pulls away his hand and walks off with Hilary, and as their walking off Hilary turns around and sticks her tongue out. Summer was so upset that she ran into the bathroom crying. They were enemies from then on.

Then second grade came along. There was this boy named William Carter, and he was the cutest boy ever to Summer and Hilary never even noticed him. She was all interested in Charlie Hagwell the most popular and cutest boy in the elementary school. He was in fourth grade. Summer didn’t even know why Hilary would even try. He was two grades ahead of her! Weird! Then when Hilary noticed that Summer and William were talking to each other all the time and spending a lot of time with each other, and held hands for the first time, she pounced. It was the same thing all over again. Hilary would tell them some lie and get them to think Summer was weird and gross for the rest of her life. Once again, she went in the bathroom and cried.


This was a cycle that happened every year. I had never really been able to stand up to Hilary because anything I’d say she’d turn it around and make me look bad. I don’t understand why she did this, but maybe she is some of the reason I am so cynical at times. That is also why I just hate her so much.

Aaron and I were walking in the hallway holding hands like usual, and Hilary was walking by and noticed us. I hurriedly took my hands out of his and looked at him like casual and said, “So yeah! That’s what holding hands feels like for when you get a girlfriend.”

Aaron looked at me like I was crazy and Hilary was laughing her snooty laugh and said,

“Yeah, right, Summer. I know you guys are dating. Don’t try to hide it.”

Craaappp…

Aaron looked at me kind of hurt, “Are you ashamed of me?”

“No, it’s not-“

“Yeah, Aaron, she has a lot of problems. You should probably be careful.”

He laughed and said, “I absolutely love everything about Summer, the good and the bad. Now if you’ll excuse us, we’re trying to get to class.”

I couldn’t help but almost tear up while I was smiling. He actually stood up for me. We walked past her and when we got to my class and sat in our usual seats I looked at him with the happiest look.

“Really, Aaron?”

He caressed my face and moved a strand of hair out of my face behind my ears ever so gently. “Of course, love.”

It made the rest of my day absolutely perfect all because of this one guy I think I’m falling for. <3