Status: On hold (break). Sorryy.

Call My Name

Ch. 17

We ended up going to the zoo the next day. It was so much fun! Aaron drove, and the whole way he had the radio playing Italian music, and singing to me (amazingly) in Italian. When we got there, he parked in some parking garage way far away from the zoo, just so I could have the pleasure of riding the animal decorated bus to get there.

“Aaron, I’m not a kid, it’s not like I need to ride this bus…”

“Yes, you do! You’ve never been on a bus, right?”

“Right? But, so?!”

“So! You’re going to spend your first time to be on a bus with me, and be happy about it, because it’s animal themed.”

I didn’t even respond to that. Just rolled my eyes and let him take my hand and drag me up the stairs into the bus.

The bus was black on the outside, and on the inside it had animals (fake, of course) all over by the windows and in the corners, and even some in the seats. The bus driver greeted us, as Aaron dropped the money into the jar and led us to the seats he chose. The ride took about 10 minutes, and the driver kind of gave us a tour around the downtown and explained the history about it with the animals involved.

“This is so stupid,” I mumbled to Aaron on the way down the stairs of the bus.

“Whatever, Summer, I know you liked it.”

“Think what you like, but I know the truth.”

“And so do I, Summer Williams.”

“You are soo wrong, Aaron Heath.”

Okay, so secretly, that bus ride was absolutely amazing, but of course I wouldn’t admit that to Aaron…

We got to the zoo, and we saw everything. And I mean everything! I was so tired afterwards that I could barely walk, and Aaron (sweet man) carried me to the bus. I felt so embarrassed because everyone was staring and asking if I was alright.

When we finally got back in his car, I looked over at him and just couldn’t help but smile so big. He looks at me and starts to blush.

“…What…?”

I smile ever bigger at his blushing, and then say, “You’re the best, Aaron Heath.”

That’s when he took my face in his hands and kissed me. “Only for you, Summer Williams.”

When we got to my house we just sat there in there in the driveway still in the car. I began to feel sad. He was only going to be gone for like 4 days. So why am I going to miss him so much? I feel a tear run down my face, and I tried to hide it by turning to look towards the window and not at him, but he already saw it. He took my hand in his and his other hand took my chin and gently turned my face toward his.

“Summer…”

His eyes are sparkling while he rubs his thumb around my left cheek and squeezes my hand a little.

“I’ll really miss you, Summer. Only four days though. We can do this…right?”

“I…I think so…”

He lets go and hits his car wheel and mumbles to himself, “Why is this so hard?”
Then he looks at me and says, “I’ll call you every night and text you all day, okay? That way we wont miss each other.”

I nod my head, “Okay.”

He walks me to my door and hugs me as tight as he ever can and stays that way for a long time. He whispers in my ear, “I wish I could stay like this forever.”

“Me too,” I whisper back.

When he lets go he kisses me on the forehead and says, “Have a good Thanksgiving. I’ll see you as soon as I get back, love.”

I nod again, “Okay, Aaron.”

I wave goodbye to him and watch him drive across the street to his house and get out of his car over there and look at me. We both wave goodbye again and go inside our houses.

I’ll miss you
♠ ♠ ♠
<33