Status: On hold (break). Sorryy.

Call My Name

Ch. 21

The picnic lunch was fun!

It was such perfect weather that after we were done eating, we just lied there on the blanket looking up at all the different shapes of the clouds, pointing out what one or the other looks like, like little kids do.

"That one looks like a leaf."

"That one looks like a freakin bear about to attack me!"

"Summer, look at that one," he pointed up to it, and then looked at me to see if I was looking, then said, "That looks like Summer Williams."

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, because I totally look like a freakin blob of puffiness. Is this a fat joke?"

He laughed so hard I thought maybe the sip of coke he had was going to come out of his nose.
"Oh my god, Summer, you are so great."

I looked over at him and said, "Oh yeah, because fatties like me are just so great. More to love, right?"

He laughed again and leaned on his side and reached over to caress my face, "Baby, you are absolutely not a fatty, and you are the most beautiful girl I have ever known," then kissed me on the cheek.

I blushed as he pulled back to look at my facial expression. "Thank you."

He laughed this soft, happy laugh, then lied back down next to me, and we continued looking at the clouds for the next hour or so. Our cloud watching was interrupted by a Dylan's voice, "Aaron what are you...? SUMMER! HEY GIRL! What are you guys doing in your pajamas....outside?"

Aaron and I both got up and look at Dylan and said at the same time, "Picnic."

"Obviously. But why pajamas?"

Aaron walks over to Dylan and whispers in his ear. "Because we're that cool, bro."

Dylan rolled his eyes at him and said, "If you want your parents' first impression of Summer to be in pajamas, she's welcome to stay, otherwise, they'll be here in about 5 minutes."

"Oh dang. Okay, come on, Summer, I'll walk you home."

He took my hand and we walked to the back gate and went through the yard. I have held his hand before, but this felt different. I guess because, now it was completely official. We are boyfriend and girlfriend.<3