Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm

The Story

I lost my heart, my home is the ocean.
A tear rolled down my cheek as I stood at the end of the dock, the waves crashed harshly against the wood.
The waves underneath will soon be my home
I tried to rethink my plan, but nothing seemed to be against it. Everything in my body was for this.
I will fall asleep.
I closed my eyes to block out the gray skies.
I'll close my eyes and dream of days when I wasn't all alone.
They seemed to be fading away, the memories of him and I, but I could still see them-as if they were an old movie. I remembered the last moment we spent together. Before she came into the picture. Before I caught them.

All that I know is gone
(Take what is left of me now)

I took in a breath, beginning to ready myself.
All that I know is gone
I took in another breath, this one was a little deeper then the other- before jumping into the cold, cascading sea.
(Take what is left of me)
Fall deeper and deeper, the sirens are singing your songs.

Instantly, I thought about the night my father passed. Daddy, I’ll see you soon.

I'll miss my breath, there's no more left.
The water surrounding my being was like a glass box, I was unable to breathe.
I'll miss the sound of the wind at my back.
I was almost positive that there were foot steps roaming around on the dock above.
The depths have a number, they call you by name.
“Shelby!” I gasped- sucking in a mouthful of water.
Fall asleep, Davy Jones calls you.
Water was in my system, there was no turning back now. I was being called down to the end of everything.
So fall asleep, fall asleep and dream.
I knew that I was done for, so I just closed my eyes and continued to drink water to make the process quicker.

All that I know is gone
(Take what is left of me now)

“No! Shelby!” I heard Kellin screaming my name, he was too late, though.
All that I know is gone
(Take what is left of me)

My arms started to float up, making it look like I was struggling, but I wasn’t. My body was fighting against me. It wanted me to dead. “Shelby! Grab my hand! Please baby!”
Fall deeper and deeper, the sirens are singing your songs.
I slipped from my body, the last thing that could be heard were the sobs of my lover saying, “I love you Shelby!” and the sirens from paramedics and police enforcement. I was going to hell.