Status: Gettin' There.

One More Time Left to Say Your Goodbyes

Cinq

"What the hell, Charlie?"

"I told you, it's not what it looked like. He just fucking came onto me!"

"How the hell am I supposed to believe that?!"

Our apartment had been vacated. Now it was just Alex and I, yelling at each other over something that I thought we wouldn't be so childish about. I threw my hands up in frustration and began to walk towards the front door.

"Don't walk away from me!" He called, and then did something that I will never forget. He grabbed and twisted my wrist, jerking me back harshly. I cried out in pain and glared over at him, tears beginning to well up behind my eyes.

"Oh shit..." He breathed, comprehension dawning at what he had just done. "Charlie I'm so sorry, oh my God."

I shook my head, turning once again towards the door and trying not to let him see the tears that had spilled over.

I didn't know what else to do. I knocked on Casey's door, trying to keep my emotions in check. Why the fuck did all men have to be violent? When Casey answered the door her expression was one of the utmost concern.

"Charlie? What happened?"

"Alex and I got into a fight," I stuttered, sniffling like a huge baby.

"Come on in."

I walked into Casey's apartment, feeling guilty about the fact that I was bothering her with my problems.

"I hope I didn't wake you up." Right, I remembered. Normal people slept at two in the morning.

"Nah. I was up waiting for Max to come in anyway," She assured me offhandedly, but I detected a definite note of bitterness in her voice.

While Casey went into the kitchen and began making coffee, I settled myself down in one of the chairs at the table, grabbing my knees into my chest and trying not to think too much about what was going on.

"What exactly did he say to you?" Casey asked over the sound of the coffee pot bubbling.

"He was swearing and saying a bunch of shit, all because his friend Carter tried to put the moves on me and he thinks I liked it."

"And he didn't even believe you when you said it wasn't your fault?" She asked incredulously, pouring the steaming coffee into mugs.

"Hahaha no," I said, wiping my eyes dry. I took the warm mug that Casey handed to me before sitting down next to me. She wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, Charlie. Men are pricks, like you said. Maybe you should be a lesbian."

I laughed as I heard my own words being repeated to me. I jumped slightly when there was a knock at the door. Casey's face lit up and she seemed to have forgotten all about the fight between her and Max as she went to open the door.

"That'll be him," she said, as if to herself, and her tone of voice convinced me that she was going to forgive him no matter what. That she was just happy to have him back.

I kept my back facing the door to give them some privacy. They exchanged greetings and I heard the usual sounds of kissing and hugging.

"I missed you," I heard Casey coo, and the voice that replied sounded oddly familiar.

"I missed you too, babe."

I heard the soft padding of footsteps and Casey slowly came into my line of vision.

"Max this is Charlie, she's having problems with her boyfriend right now, so she's gonna stay here tonight."

Max didn't say anything back, so I turned to face him and I swear that my heart stopped beating.

It was him.

He looked the same as back then. Long, unkempt hair. Piercing eyes. Snake bites in place. Hell, he even dressed the same. I could see the shock in his eyes as well.

I barely nodded as I heard Casey say that she was going to go to the store quickly to get some beer or something to celebrate. Everything was a blur.

Everything shifted back into focus as the door closed with a light snap.

"What are you doing here?" We both said. Max smiled softly.

"Jeez, Charlie. Lookin' good. I haven't seen you in ages."

"Fuck off, Green. Just because a few years has passed doesn't mean I forgive you."
♠ ♠ ♠
ASdfghjkl;'.
I just realized that I haven't updated in two months. Wow. I'm horrible.
Sorry to leave you guys hanging. I was so busy this month with NaNoWriMo going on and a ton of craptacular stuff in my real life. But now that I've finished NaNo (Which should be posted on here shortly as soon as I fix and edit everything) I'll be updating this again regularly.

In other news that you don't care about: I got myself another boyfriend who is a ginger. Harr. And also my birthday is on the 27th of this month.
Also, happy early Thanksgiving people. Here's something to be thankful for. :)

And kudos to the 35 people still subscribed to this story. I love every single one of you.
Also to Adrienne, because she's been so patient with me. Asdfghjl;'. Girl, just get in my bed rite nao.

Hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving.
Cheers. :)