The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

I'm A Woman; I'm Always Right

When Todd got home from the hospital he went and plopped down on the couch and refused to talk to me. Tyson would crawl over to him and stand up while holding onto the couch to look at him. It made Todd smile and pull him into his arms. Aw.

But he still wouldn’t talk to me. I gave him some time to come off his meds. I went around and made sure the house was all clean. But that didn’t take long. The house is always spotless.Todd is a neat freak!

Once I came back downstairs, Tyson was sleeping on his blanket that was laid on the floor. Todd still lied on the couch, watching his son sleep. I smiled and went over and sat on the middle of the couch gently so that I could still see his scruffy face. He didn’t look up at me though; just kept right on staring at Tyson.

“What’s wrong, baby?” I asked softly while running my fingers through his thick hair.

“Nothing… I’m fine,” he sighed while rolling over onto his back, but still keeping his eyes away from mine.

“Toddie,” I cooed with a smile. I’ve known this man for almost five years… I know when something’s wrong with him. “Are you worried about Josh?” I asked while taking his hand that was resting on his chest.

“Yeah,” he softly replied, keeping his gaze to the ceiling, but giving my hand a slight squeeze.

“He’ll be ok, baby,” I tried soothing him.

“We had this little debate before we got into the truck. He wanted to drive, but I had the keys. We went back and forth for a good ten minutes before we settled it with rock, paper, scissors,” he said with a smile. “He beat me at first… but I said best out of three,” he went on with a gloss forming over his dark eyes.

“Baby, bad things happen sometimes. You can’t prepare yourself for any of it… You just got to try and work through it. We both know how strong Josh is. I mean, look at all those crashes that boy takes on a weekly basis,” I stopped once I saw his smile reform. I had to return it. “He’ll get through this,” I finished once his eyes finally fell on mine.

“Why do I always believe everything you say?” he asked with his full smile teasing its way across his lips.

“Because I’m a woman; I’m always right,” I smirked before bending down to kiss those lusty lips.

When we parted, his smile was the biggest I had seen in so long. He hooked an arm around my waist and gently tugged until I was lying on his chest with my hand resting at his side. I lay there, watching Tyson sleep. He looks so much like Todd. It’s so adorable.

After about ten more minutes of me lying this way, Tyson’s dark brown eyes slowly open. I smile at him as he sat up while rubbing his little eyes. Once he was through with that, he crawled over and clung to the couch so that he could stand to see us.

“Want to try and help him walk?” I asked Todd.

A bright grin shined through as I sat up. Todd quickly did the same thing. I got up and sat in the middle of the room while Todd took Tyson a few feet away. He bent down with him for a few seconds, trying to test his balance.

“Ma ma ma ma,” he started babbling.

“Come here, Ty,” I smiled while opening my arms out to him.

Todd stood up and held Ty’s little hands in his. His little feet started going quickly. When he was about three feet away, Todd let go. Tyson started getting a little wobbly, but he kept his balance and fell right into my arms.

Both Todd and I cuddled him in our arms and showered him with kisses. He let out multiple giggles, but quickly wanted back down. We repeated the same thing with walking to one of us with the other lagging behind to make sure he didn’t hurt himself.

After he got bored with that, he went over and planted himself in front of Todd, who was still sitting on the floor. I didn’t stay to see what would happen. I went to straight to our little office and got my camera. When I came back out, Todd was tickling Tyson, making him squirm all over the floor. This was so adorable. I had to take pictures.

Of course, once the first flash flooded over the two, Todd shot a flirty glare at me. I smiled innocently and went on to take more adorable shots.

“Make sure you get my good side,” Todd teased while looking at me, ignoring Tyson for a second.

“Every side of you is a good side, Todd,” I smiled… and then Ty plopped himself down in Todd’s lap… not so gently.

I think he may have hit Todd’s… manly parts. Swears started pouring out of him while he rolled around on the floor. Ty found this so entertaining. He sat and watched his father, giggling at him.

“Baby, are you ok?” I asked, trying to hold in my own giggles.

“Just give me a minute, Ky,” he winced, making Ty erupt in another fit of laughter… I couldn’t hold it in now. I was laughing on the floor with him… that might have not been my best idea

“Do you think that’s funny, Ky?” he asked once he had his little moment of tending to his… area.

“I find it so hilarious, Todd,” I said through giggles as he straddled my waist.

“Know what I think is funny?” he asked with a smirk as he whispered into my ear.

From the tone of his voice, I didn’t want to know. But I quickly found out. He brought his hands up to my sides and started tickling me. I was so mad at him for this, but I couldn’t control my laughter. I squirmed all over the floor, trying to get away from him, but he had me pinned down too good.

Tyson was a few feet away, giggling harder than he was when he was giggling at Todd. Nice to know I can always count on my son.

“Todd… stop,” I pushed out through my laughter.

“You seem to be enjoying it,” he teased, working his fingertips under my shirt to make it tickle more.

“Baby… please,” I tried to plead, but all that came out was laughter.

He did stop thoughwhen I thought I was going to pee my pants! I wanted to get him back, but he was still on top of me and now he held my wrist above my head, smiling down at me.

“I love you,” he cooed; his smile turning into a smirk.

Before I could reply with anything, Tyson came crawling over and wedged his way between Todd and I. Aw, he’s finally protecting me.Took you long enough, bud!

“You’re such a buzz kill, Ty,” Todd snickered while poking Tyson, making him giggle again.

The rest of our night was a little more settle than this. We got Ty to calm down and watch one of his favorite movies…that his Aunt Kirstie got him hooked on! Finding Nemo. Now, Todd’s able to recite the whole thing. Oh, if Kirstie only knew…
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor of Josh's win...and since I already had this written... I posted this chapter :)

Ky & Todd

comment pretty please :D