The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Wow, You're A Cheeseball

“I really am craving some whipped cream,” I said with a small smile.
 
“Kirstie you always crave whipped cream even if you’re not six months pregnant,” Todd snickered.
 
Tonight the Potter family came over and we were just kind of hanging out and playing with Ty…that is until I had my little craving.
 
I pushed myself to my feet and walked into the kitchen looking for that delicious white stuff.
 
“I’ll get it baby,” the sweetest voice said as he put his arms around me and my prego stomach.
 
“No it’s okay I’m just gonna bring the bottle,” I smiled as Josh let out a small laugh.
 
We then sat on the couch and cuddled up together and watched our dog Alpine entertain little Ty. Alpine started licking Tyson so he giggled and ran over to Todd’s waiting arms.
 
“Awww that’s so cute,” Kylee cooed as we watched Todd scoop up Ty and kiss his cheek.
 
“Awww he’s so cute,” I giggled while wrapping my arms around my husband’s middle.
 
Kylee and Todd simultaneously groaned while Josh kissed my forehead. Tyson then let out a little yawnbecause our psycho dog probably wore him out so the cute Potter couple sat down on the couch next to us while Ty sprawled himself across both of their laps. I smiled at them and let out an awww.
 
The doorbell interrupted us but Josh just yelled for them to come in. I was pleasantly surprised to see my parents and my brothers minus Shaun who had been deployed to Iraq again two months ago.
 
I squealed and clapped my hands together before getting up to hug them all. Everyone else did the same before we all sat down and got comfortable. Ky disappeared to the other room to put Ty down so we didn’t disturb him.
 
My family sat on the couch across from the one Josh, Ky, Todd and I were on so I could look at them right in the eye. Only I could tell something was wrong. One thing I loved about my family is that they always had this happy sparkle in their eyes. Even if they were frowning their eyes looked happy. Almost every Miller had it but today….it was gone
 
“What’s up?” I asked them growing worried.
 
“Still wearing Shaun’s dog tags,” Cody stated oddly.
 
“Yeah I wear them most of the time,” I smiled holding onto the metal that was hanging around my neck.
 
“Kylee, it’s been so long since we’ve seen you,” My dad smiled.
 
“I know it’s been a while,” she replied.
 
“Todd you look….” My dad started trying to say something to him but couldn’t think of anything.
 
“Hairy?” I giggled finishing for him while everyone else let out a chuckle.
 
“Haha funny Kirst,” Todd smirked.
 
“And Kirstie, you look good dear,” my mom told me referring to my pregnant state.
 
“She always looks good,” Josh replied kissing my cheek.
 
“Wow, you’re a cheeseball Josh,” Kylee laughed.
 
“Are you guys….okay?” I asked looking at each of their faces.
 
“Well honey we have something to tell you,” my mom said with a light gloss coming over her eyes.uh oh my mom is a strong woman and she normally doesn’t cry. This can’t be good.
 
My mom and dad laced their fingers together before my dad gently spoke. “Sweetie…Shaun was….Shaun was killed by a car bomb.”
 
At first I was in shock, all four of us sitting there were. I couldn’t do anything, my brain was numb, I didn’t cry. I was just trying to comprehend what I was just told.
 
I then felt two arms wrap around me and Josh pulled me against his chest. Then it came….my breathing grew shallow, my body shacked, and I started sobbing deeply. I clung to Josh as more and more tears came.
 
“Kirstie it’s gonna be okay,” I heard my brother Justin try to soothe as he walked over to me and put a hand on my back.
 
“No it’s not. I’m never going to see Shaun again,” I cried as I held onto Josh tighter as he left a kiss on my head.
 
“I know Kirstie but he’ll still be in your memory,” Todd told me.
 
“He’s never going to see our baby,” I quietly said as more tears left their scars on my cheeks.
 
After that, no one said anything for a minute. The only noise was the sobs that wouldn’t stop coming out of me. I took a quick glance around the room to see a few tears on Kylee’s cheeks as well as my parents. I got up from Josh’s embrace sniffling as I went over to my parents wrapping them each up in a big hug.
 
We stayed that way for a minute before walking over to Josh who gave me a sympathetic look and patted his lap which I gladly took a seat on. We wrapped our arms around each other and I buried my face in his chest as more tears slipped out. A few minutes later my family said that they were going to go back home. I’m sure that they were all sad and it was probably hard for them seeing me like this so I was okay that they were going back home. All I needed right now was Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I read my messages right, Kirstie comes home tomorrow :D

The Grants

comment pretty please :D