The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

I Don't Want To Lose Another Friend

“Mommy… mommy… mommy,” I hear, waking me from my slumber.

I rolled over to see Tyson being held tightly by Todd. Both of their dark brown eyes shined at me, forcing my smile to push its way through. I got up and held my arms out to my baby boy. He grinned at me and almost lunged into my arms.

“Think he’s ready for a ride day?” Todd asked with a smirk teasing its way across his lips.

“Not yet, baby,” I smiled while his arms hooked around my waist.

“What about with mommy tagging along?” he went on to poke.

“I think I should stay here today. If Kirstie needs me, I’ll be able to get to her quicker,” I explained.

“Are you going to be ok if I leave to go ride?” he asked caringly while leaving soft kisses on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. I got my little TP,” I smiled while gazing up into his dark brown eyes.

He returned my smile before kissing my lips gently and then walking into the bathroom to get changed. Tyson’s eyes followed Todd until the door closed. Before walking over to the bed, I kissed his forehead.

Right when I sat down, he started crawling over to Todd’s side of the bed. I watched him with a smile as he took the pillows and attempted to throw them. Obviously, they didn’t get too far. When it landed a few inches away from him, he looked up at me with a smile and clapped his hands together. He’s so cute!

Todd came out a few minutes later. He took one look at Ty and smiled so brightly. He laid on the bed, interacting with his son for a few minutes before he left to work on his mad riding skills.

All throughout the day I tried calling Kirstie, but she never picked up. I wasn’t too concerned though. I’m sure Josh was with her and that’s all she needed. If I were her, I wouldn’t want anyone else other than Todd and Tyson around me.

I had a good day with Tyson though. He has so much energy. I’ve now developed a habit of when he takes a nap, so does mommy.

When I woke up, the front door had just opened. I smiled when I saw my Hottie Toddie walking through the door. His own smile grew as he walked over and joined me on the couch.

“How was your little ride day?” I asked while his arms worked their way around my middle.

“Pretty good. Wished my two favorite people were there to watch me, but…” he trailed off; a cute pout coming over his scruffy face.

“Tyson wore me out today,” I yawned out.

“Aw,” Todd cooed while running his hand through my hair.

We laid here for a few more minutes. If Tyson hadn’t whimpered from his play pin, I could have laid here all night. Thankfully, Todd kicked into daddy mode and got up to get him.

“Hey, Ty,” Todd’s face lit up as he picked up his son.

I smiled as I watched my two TPs play around on the floor. As I did so, I tried calling Kirstie again just to make sure everything’s good with her… But she didn’t answer. I let out a sigh and let my phone drop to the floor. Todd’s eyes looked over at me with a worried expression filling them. Before either of us could say anything, Tyson quickly crawled over and picked up my phone and handed it to me.

“Thanks, sweetie,” I smiled while picking him up to give him kisses.

Todd came over and lay down behind me, keeping his arms tight around my waist. I sat Ty on my stomach and looked at Todd. Todd stuck his tongue out at him and poked his little tummy gently, making our baby boy giggle. After he was through with that, he got down and went over to his pile of toys.

“Are you ok?” Todd asked softly while leaving a kiss on my neck.

“I have this… feeling,” I said, trying to find the right words for it.

“Are you pregnant again?” he asked, sitting up quickly.

I rolled my eyes at the goofy look he had on his face. Sometimes, Todd, I just want to…

“No. A feeling about Kirstie,” I corrected him.

“Oh,” he replied,seeming a little disappointed.

“Yeah… She hasn’t answered her phone all day. I’m worried about her with everything that’s been going on lately,” I sighed.

“Josh told me he was out testing today too. I thought you would go chill with her for the day, but…” he shrugged.

HE WHAT?” I shot up.

“I thought you knew. That’s why I didn’t tell you. I just assumed…”

“You do not assume anything. She’s been by herself all day,” I started saying a little too loudly while getting up and pacing.

Todd let out a sigh as he got up. He walked over to him and pulled me into a hug. Just taking in his familiar scent relaxed me a whole lot. But I was still worried about my bestie.

“She’ll be ok, Ky. She just needs time to heal,” he whispered while rubbing his hands up and down my back.

I nodded my head, accepting what he had just said. He cupped my cheek with his smooth hand to bring my eyes up to his. A bright smile came over him, making my face flush a bright shade of red and returning his smile.

“I love you,” he softly said while kissing my forehead.

“Love you too,” I replied while taking his hand in mine.

The night went on to be pretty normally. But it was getting close to Tyson’s bedtime… and Todd was still chasing him around the house. I didn’t care. I was exhausted. It made me smile seeing the two play though. Todd loves his son so much. It’s the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen.

As they were still running, my phone rings. I grab it quickly, hopeful that it was Kirstie, but… it was Josh.

“Hey,” I answered.

“Have you… uh… seen Kirstie lately?” he asked, concern pouring out of his words.

“No… I’ve been trying to call her all day, but I never got a hold of her… Why?” I asked, worried ten times more now.

“When I came home from testing, she wasn’t here. She didn’t leave a note, she won’t answer her phone, her truck’s gone. Ky, I can’t find her anywhere,” he explained, obviously troubled about everything.

I couldn’t think. She’s six months pregnant and she just ups and leaves. Smart move, Kirstie! I wanted to be mad at her, but… I couldn’t do that if she wasn’t anywhere to be found.

“Todd and I will help look for her,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

“Ky, you don’t have too. I know Tyson should be in bed and…”

“Josh, shut up. She’s my best friend. I’m going to go look for her,” I cut him offwith a little too much attitude.

We said a quick goodbye and hung up. Todd came around the corner with a sleepy looking Tyson in his arms. CRAP!

“We have to go look for Kirstie,” I said quickly before he could get anything out.

“Let me put Ty to bed and I’ll go,” he replied.

“No, we have to go now,” I said, tugging on his arm and leading him outside.

Ty can sleep in the car. He’s done it millions of times before. Todd buckled him into his car seat. It felt like it took him forever! Then he had to argue that I shouldn’t drive. He is getting on my last nerve right now. Once that was settled and he was driving, he just has to ask stupid questions!

“Where do we look?”

I DON’T KNOW! So… we started driving to places that we knew she would go. We went to the studio, Starbucks, the park, Todd’s course… we even drove by her parents house to see if her truck was there. It wasn’t. We stopped when Todd pulled into Josh and Kirstie’s driveway. Her truck wasn’t there either. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. Tears started to roll from my eyes.

“Baby,” Todd cooed while pulling me tightly against him.

I held onto him tightly and cried onto his shoulder. Soft shushes came out of him as he started to stroke my hair. When I looked up at him, he smiled weakly and ran his thumb under my eye to wipe away the remainder of the tears. It made me smile weakly too and reach up for his hand.

“I don’t want to lose another friend, Todd,” I said with my voice cracking still.

“You’re not, baby. You know how when we get mad at each other and we leave some times? Maybe Kirstie has the same idea, but she’s just really upset. People handle things differently. I’m sure she’s fine,” he said, making me believe every word that passed through those plump lips.

I nodded my head, accepting what he said. He smiled and kissed my lips softly.

“Let’s stay with Josh tonight and make sure he’s ok. Want to?” he asked.

I nodded my head and got out to get a sleeping Tyson. He woke when I took him out of his car seat, but he quickly went back to sleep once he was held against my chest. As we walked up to the door, Todd put his hand on my lower back, causing this wave of warmth to run through my body. Once he knocked on the door, I smiled up at him and relaxed against his chest.

Josh answered the door, looking the saddest I’ve ever seen him. With Ty still hugged tightly against me, I pulled Josh into the tightest hug that I could muster.

This is how most of the night went; all three of us comforting each other; especially Josh. My heart went out to him. I hated cuddling with Todd on the couch that night. Josh was going to bed by himself. But… everything’s ok… Everyone heals in their own way right? Todd said so, so it has to be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
woot update :D sorry it got kinda long :/

The Po-tterys

comment pretty please :D