The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Thanks For The Encouragement

I’M FREAKING OUT HERE! I’m getting married today! It’s totally unreal…and I’m a little apprehensive…okay a lot.

“I’m so nervous it’s ridiculous,” I said to Kylee as she and all my other bridesmaids walked into the church. We had just got our hair and makeup done and we were getting changed here. I think Josh and all his groomsmenI still don’t know what you call them were here but I’m not allowed to see him!

“Don’t worry Kirstie. The worst thing that could happen is that you trip, make an idiot of yourself and then everyone remembers you as the weird girl who screwed up her own wedding,” I heard an annoyingly familiar voice ring in my ears.

“Thanks so much Todd for the encouragement,” I sarcastically said to him with a roll of my brown eyes. “Where’s Josh?” I asked.

“You’re not going to see him so don’t even try. We have bodyguards surrounding him,” Todd smirked.

“Like who?” I asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Like me,” he smiled. I punched him in the arm and he let out an ‘ouch’ as he rubbed it and I started laughing.

“Wow I’m so scared now,” I chuckled as Ky went over to kiss her man. COME ON! She gets to see her Toddie Bear, why can’t I see my Just Gorgeous?

I went a few more hours without my Joshie. Not only was my ADHD running off the charts but so was my Obsessive Josh Dissorder.

But now I’m just about to walk down the aisle, it’s so nerve racking. I really hope I don’t trip or anything, oh man how embarrassing would that be. Ugh, I need to just push these thoughts out of my mind.

“Ready sweetie?” my dad asked as he gave my hand a squeeze.

“Yeah,” I said with a small smile.

Soon I heard the music begin to play and my dad and I started walking down the aisle. My eyes landed on the man I was walking to. He was standing there with the biggest smile on his face looking straight into my eyes. I couldn’t help but let a smile spread across my face as well.

“Who gives this woman to this man?” the preacher asked.

“Her mother and I do,” my dad said with a smile in his New Zealand accent and gave my hand one last squeeze before I laced my fingers with Josh’s. We proceeded with the ceremony and Josh was asked to say his vows.

“Kirsten. My sweet and beautiful Kirstie; you put color in my world. From the moment I saw you, I wanted to meet you. From the moment I met you, I wanted to know you. From the moment I knew you, I was in love with you. From the moment I loved you, I wanted to share my life with you…and from that moment to this moment, and for all the moments to come, I will love you with all of my heart. And sometimes I don’t know all the right things to do. I can’t say where we’ll go but the one thing I know is how to be a good man to you, until I die that’s what I’ll do,” he said as a few tears glossing his eyes and I had ones running down my face.

“Joshie,” I started trying to prevent my voice from cracking “I have never met anyone like you before. You’re so amazing in so many different ways. I love you more than I ever thought possible. Every second I was away from you reminded me how much I need to be with you. I promise to love you all the days of my life. I promise that I’ll always be there for you when you need me as you have been there for me. I can’t say I can be the perfect wife but I can say that I’m going to try as hard as I can to be. There are not enough words to express how much I love you and I promise that wherever we may go I’ll be there to go with you,” I said to him as it was his turn to have tears on his cheeks.

The rest of the ceremony went without mishap and we were soon pronounced husband and wife as Josh laid a big, sweet kiss on my lips as everyone clapped. Once we separated, both breathless, Josh picked me up bridal style of course and carried me laughing all the way down the aisle.

Once we got outside Kylee was snapping pictures like crazy but all I was focused on was my Joshie. Once we got those done with Josh helped me into his truck as everyone else started to go to the reception. We finally got a moment alone.

As he turned the key and started to drive he removed one of his hands from the steering wheel to hold mine as he shot me a smile.

“You’re so gorgeous,” he blissfully sighed as he planted a small kiss on my lips once we were at a stoplight.

“You’re so handsome,” I giggled back.

“Now I get to call you Mrs.Grant,” he grinned once we were driving again.

“I like that,” I smiled happily as I looked out the window.

“I do too baby,” he replied as he gave my hand a squeeze.

Most girls look forward to their wedding day their entire lives. They love the planning, buying the dress, all of it. For me….not so much. The only thing I cared about was the man that was standing there with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwww isn't Josh adorable? haha

Kirstie