The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

We Weren't Getting Cozy

I’ve been gone for three days now. It’s getting better, but… I still miss my babies. Todd and I finally figured out this web chat thing. I love seeing his scruffy face and of course Ty’s giggly voice. It keeps me going everyday.

After we had closed out our morning chat, which was more of the afternoon for me with the whole time change thing, there was knock on my door. A sigh came out of me as I got up to get it. When I opened it, Jake stood there with a slight smile on his face…and shirtless… and in boardshorts.

“Uh… hi. I thought we were doing a night session tonight? The suns still out,” I asked just a little bit confused.

“I’m stuck in a hotel room all day. I’m bored. I figured you would be too. Want to hit the pool?” he asked casually.

I stared at him, debating if this was a good idea or not. He seems to think that I’m… Never mind. It’s hot and I’m bored.

“Alright. I’ll meet you down there,” I finally replied with a smile.

He returned it before he started down the hall. I closed the door and leaned against it, second-guessing myself. But that didn’t stop me from changing into my bathing suit and making my way towards the pool.I left my ring in the room so that it wouldn’t get lost in the water though. Can’t have that happening.

Jake was already in, chilling like he was the coolest guy on Earth… with no one around to witness his coolness. I laughed at my own thoughts and stepped outside. I took my shorts and tank top off, leaving them on a chair with my towel. Before I had the chance to even get near the water, Jake has a comment that he just had to share.

“How old is your son?” he asked right as I took a step into the chilly water.

“Two,” I smiled at the thought of my little TP.

“Really? You do not look like you’ve had a baby at all,” he replied with a cheeky grin.

“Thanks… I think,” I smiled at his… compliment. It’s weird having someone other than Todd commenting on my body. I love it when he does it, but…it felt kind of wrong when someone else does.

That was the only awkward thing he said to me though. Thank God! He’s a pretty cool guy though. I enjoyed talking to him.

After our little fun filled day in the sun, I went back to my room… Jake got the bright idea that he was coming with me. I didn’t really protest. I was bored all by myself in my room. What’s acute boy going to hurt?

Our conversation was nice. It never got… weird. I showed him some of the pictures that I had taken from dinner with the whole team the other night. He seemed to like them. They were really random and I just thought he commented to be nice, but… Who knows?

“I like that one,” he smiled when I stopped at a picture of the two of us.

Dean had stolen my camera and Jake got the bright idea to sling his arm around me.Not being the most intelligent person, Dean snapped a picture once I cracked a smile. The picture was cute, but… I looked better when I was next to Todd.

“I like it too… Our eyes are so bright,” I couldn’t help but comment.

“You do have gorgeous eyes,” he smiled shyly in a lower voice than usual.

“Stop it,” I replied with a big grin once I felt my cheeks turn red.

I poked his side too, making him clutch that spot as he let out a giggle. That may not have been the smartest thing to do. My stomach was too exposed with my bikini still on… he started tickling me.

Right away, I tried wiggling around so that he couldn’t get to me anymore. That resulted in me falling to the ground still laughing so hard. With my squirming having a little more free range, he straddled my waist to keep me on my back. Giggles poured out of me. Just as I thought I was about to die, I hear someone’s voice that… should be in So Cal…

“What are you two doing?” Kirstie asked, sounding not the… happiest.

Oh this was just peachy! I’m being straddled and tickled by a blonde guy with nothing on but his boardshorts… and I have my bathing suit on!Maybe Jake shouldn’t have came back to my room…

“We were just…” I started as the two of us quickly got to our feet.

“Having a tickle fight… Want to join?” Jake recovered for me…like that helped the whole situation.

“No, I think I’m good. If I want to have a tickle fight with anyone, I think it would be my HUSBAND,” Kirstie replied, stressing the husband word a little too much.

“You know, I was just getting ready to leave? I’ll see you tonight, Ky,” he said as he started walking towards the door.

Before he shut it behind him, he flashed a bright smile back at me. URG! Why?

“Hey, when did you get here?” I asked, trying to be all excited as I gave Kirstie a hug.

“Since when do you get cozy with a guy… that looks like a woman?” she asked, totally ignoring my question.

“He does not look like a woman!” I snapped. “And we weren’t getting cozy…” I added, dropping my gaze from her’s.

“What if Josh and I asked Todd to come and he was the one that walked in instead of me?” she went on to ask, her voice falling a few notches in volume.

“Jake would probably be leaving in an ambulance and Todd would be leaving in handcuffs,” I sighed while rubbing my hands over my face.

“Is your ring really off of your finger? What’d Todd do?” she asked, grabbing my left, ringless hand.

“We went swimming so I took it off. I didn’t want to lose it. It’s right here,” I told her while walking over to the little table that was next to my bed. I picked up my ring, showed it to her and shoved it back on my finger.

She made me feel bad that I took it off now. She always does that! Kirstie just has this way of making me think that my innocent actions aren’t so innocent after all. But it is innocent right? I still think about Todd and Ty all the time. I’m just hanging out with Jake to pass the time. It can’t hurt anything… Really…
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg... is Kirstie really going to get chapter 33... finally? lol

but... i love this chaptersmaybe cause jake weimer's in them :/ but i love the chapters that are to come too hehe :)

Jake & Ky

comment please! Kirstie and I love your comments! Thank you guys so much :D