The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

I Think She Secretly Wants Me

“TODD!!!” I shouted the second I walked through the door.

“What?” he asked, appearing quickly from the top of the staircase. He seemed a little worried… Uh oh… did I scare him?

“Look who shot the cover of the new issue of Racer X!” I squealed while flashing the magazine with Jake Weimer on the cover to him.

“Really?” he asked, smiling.

I nodded my head yes as my own smile grew. He ran back down the hall and returned with Ty a few seconds later. He came down the stairs so fast that I was afraid he would trip with Tyson in his arms, but he didn’t. Thank god!

“Way to go, baby,” he beamed while pulling me into a tight hug. “So that’s where you went today,” he went on once we parted and I took Ty from his arms in exchange for the magazine.

“Yep. I already kind of knew when they called me, but… I wanted to surprise you with it,” I grinned.

“Kirsite was here,” he said while leafing through the mag, making me stop the kisses that I was leaving on Ty’s forehead.

“Oh,” I pushed out as her words of accusing me of kissing Jake came back to me.

“Yeah… she seemed eager to see you. And then she made me feel like a horrible husband because I had no idea where you were,” he smirked while bringing his eyes back up to me. “Is everything ok with you two? She hasn’t been around lately and you… haven’t mentioned her too much,” he asked, sensing something now. Great!

“Nope… I’m just fine,” I sighed while walking into the living room with Tyson.

“Baby,” Todd said, following me.

I let out another sigh as Tyson wiggled his way onto the floor to play with his toys. As I watched him, I brought my knees to my chest and locked my arms around them. I never wanted to tell Todd what I was thinking about telling him right now.

“Did something happen… in Florida?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I pushed out, refusing to make eye contact with him.

“What’s wrong, Ky?” he asked sweetly while hooking his arms around me and puling me tightly against him.

“Kirstie thinks I… kissed someone. And I didn’t, baby I swear. I would never do anything to hurt you and Ty. Jake just took me out to dinner and he didn’t notice my ring and… he tried, but I stopped him and explained everything to him,” I summed up quickly.

I hated that I couldn’t tell what he was thinking through his eyes. It bothered me so much. I let out a sigh as I felt tears well up in my eyes and got up to look out the window.

My biggest fear was that Todd didn’t believe me… just like Kirstie didn’t. But a few seconds later, I hear Todd sigh and then his arms are being wrapped around me. Just as a single tear started streaming down my cheek, I felt his smooth lips leave a soft kiss on my neck.

“Please don’t cry. I trust you, baby,” he softly said into my ear.

“But Kirstie doesn’t. She said she saw, but… the only thing she saw was me pushing Jake away,” I replied with my voice cracking.

“Aw, babe. I think she secretly wants me and wants us to break up so she can have me,” he snickered, making me giggle.Like that would ever happen.

“I just want her to believe me. I would never hurt anyone I love like I do you… I wouldn’t even think of doing it,” I babbled on while turning to lean into his chest.

“It will be ok. I promise,” he said… and I believed him.

I smiled up at him which he quickly returned before he left a soft kiss on my lips that I desperately needed. Once we parted, Tyson came running over to us and wrapped his little arms around Todd and I’s legs. Isn’t he adorable?

“Come on, Ty. Time for bed,” Todd smiled while bending down to get him.

“No! I want Mommy,” he whined tiredly while attempting to fight his way out of Todd’s grasp.

Todd looked down at him with a hurt expression that just made him smile. He pouted so cutely while he gave him to me. I gave Todd a kiss on his cheek before walking up to put Tyson in his bed. It took me a few minutes to say good night to him. But I eventually was able to crawl back into bed with my Teddy Bear.

“I’m hurt… our son rejected me,” he pouted while crossing his arms around his shirtless chest.

“Aw, Toddie,” I cooed while kissing his pouting lips.

“Ok… that makes it a little better,” he tried to hide his smile.

“He loves his daddy… He’s just a momma’s boy,” I teased, making Todd let out a chuckle.

“I think I’m going to be gone for most of the day tomorrow. It makes me sad. I won’t be able to see you,” he pouted again.

“Aw, what are you doing?” I asked while resting my head on his chest.

“Josh called and wanted too… actually, it’s not important,” he smirked.

“Todd,” I whined.

“Love you… night,” he snickered while turning over and shutting the light off.

“Todd!” I whined again.

He didn’t answer me. He just let out a loudfake yawn and pulled me tightly against him. I pouted, but I knew he didn’t see it. For now, I gave up and relaxed into my Toddie’s embrace.

Sadly, when I woke up in the morning, he was gone. I pouted to no one and went down to find Tyson just waking up. Aw, he looks so much like Todd when he wakes up. Little grunts come out of him as he rubs his eyes. His long eyelashes twitch until his dark brown eyes finally open. It’s the cutest thing.

“Morning, sweetie,” I smiled while walking over to him.

He grunted, just like Todd does whenever someone talks to him when he first wakes up. I still picked him up and took him downstairs to get some breakfast.

I was bored all day. Ty was his little happy self, playing with his toys and running all around. But sinceI haven’t talked to Kirstie and Todd’s gone, I have no clue what to do with myself! But he finally came back a little after two. I smiled and ran into his arms.

“Missed you,” I said with my lips still pressed against his.

“Maybe I should leave for the day more often huh?” he smirked, resulting in me having to kiss him again. “Wait… we have to go somewhere. Ty, come on, buddy. We’re going bye-bye,” Todd pulled away and started for his truck.

“Where are we going?” I asked, following him slowly along with Ty.

“I’m going to show you why I’ve been gone all day,” he replied while buckling Ty into his seat.

“I have a weird feeling about this,” I mumbled while climbing into the passenger seat.

“You should,” he smirked before he climbed inside and started driving off.

I rolled my eyes playfully and waited until we were at our destination… K&K Photography Studio… Um, What?

“Why are we here?” I asked, insanely confused.

“It’s a surprised,” he whispered lowly before leaving a soft kiss on my lips.

“I don’t know if I’ll like this surprise,” I mumbled just as he slid out.

I got Tyson out of the truck and followed Todd inside. I was too focused on my giggling son to notice anything. But Todd stopped and hooked an arm around me, making me look up. What I saw made my jaw drop.

Lining the walls were pictures. I know; shocking right? But I swear, I could barely see the wall. A smile came over me as Todd led me over towards my office door that had a full-length photo on it. The picture made me smile to no end. It was a Potter family picture.

“Aw, baby,” I smiled while sliding my arm around him.

His smile grew as he left a gentle kiss on the top of my head. Tyson wiggled his way out of my arms and went on to explore. I stayed with Todd and slowly walked the wall lined with pictures.

Kirstie and Josh came in along with Blake. Kirstie and I made eye contact for a millisecond before I turned back towards the wall. I let out a sigh once my eyes started to sting, warning me that tears were threatening to fall.

“We always have cute pictures from X Games,” Todd softly spoke, noticing my change in mood.

“It’s because you’re in them,” I smiled up at him. His own smile grew before kissing my cheek.

“Mommy, come look at these ones,” Tyson said excitedly while tugging on my shirt.

When I turned around, he grabbed my hand and led me towards the end of the pictures… where Kirstie and Josh stood. I sighed and followed him with Todd close behind.

“Who’s that?” he asked excited while pointing to a picture.

It took me a second to recognize it. It was a picture of Kirstie and I from way back. I think it was when we both got our licenses. We thought we were so cool because we were cursing around in the beat up Honda that my dad got me.

But as I looked more, I realized that all the pictures around that one were of… Kirstie and I. And ever single one of them brought a smile to my face. I took a step to the side, trying to look at more of them, but I bumped into someone… Kirstie.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, keeping my eyes to the floor.

I thought she was going to say something, but I went over and hugged onto Todd. I wanted to break down right now. It was so hard for me to keep it together. But it helped that I took a few breaths in, inhaling Todd’s yummy scent. This calmed me down, but… I knew this night had only begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I totally forgot that I needed to update... got caught up in my bmx aussie :D lol

Ky, Ty, & Todd

comment?