The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

How Can I Help It?

I sat next to my brothers grave and lost track of time. I couldn’t tell you if it had been five minutes or five hours. My tears engulfed me and pieces of hair that had fallen in front of my face were now soaking wet from the salty liquid. I’m here where my brother lies dead and I feel like I’m dying as well. As long as Josh is gone there will forever be a piece of me that’s dead.

My hands came up and covered my face while I continued to cry. I heard soft footsteps and my red eyes looked up to meet the caramel gaze of Josh. I really didn’t want to see him now. It hurt enough thinking about him let alone actually seeing him.

“Hey,” he started dropping down to his knees across from me. I didn’t reply. I just looked away.

“Kirstie will you please look at me,” he gently said. I didn’t listen, I just kept looking down.

He let out a long sigh before saying “How’s Blake?” I didn’t respond.

“Please will you talk to me Kirstie,” Josh begged.

“Why?” I asked. “You never stuck around to talk to me!” I cried.

“Baby please don’t cry,” He sighed.

“How can I help it! My husband kissed another girl and that girl was my best friend,” I sobbed through angry tears.

“I’m so sorry Kirstie. You don’t know how sorry I am,” He sighed, running a hand through his already messy hair. “I was just hurt because I thought you kissed Todd and after we left…Kylee was there to comfort me and it just kind of happened.”

“That still doesn’t make it right, or hurt any less,” I retaliated.

“I know it doesn’t,” he sighed. I stole a glance up at him and I saw his eyes were completely glossed over with tears.

“I missed you Kirstie and I was hurt. Kylee and I tried to comfort each other and to tell you the truth it didn’t help that much. Everything she did made me want you more. She’s a great girl but she’s not you…and I was trying to pretend she was…” he trailed off trying to explain himself.

“Josh I was just mad that you didn’t even stay to listen to me. I was hurt that you didn’t trust me,” I sniffled.

“I know and I should have. I made a big mistake right there….along with a lot of other ones too but I was just so upset at the thought of you kissing someone that wasn’t me,” he said as a couple tears rolled down his cheek.

“I just didn’t know what to do. I was scared and I missed you but I didn’t know how you felt. I’m so sorry Kirstie I don’t know how or if I can ever make this up to you but any way I can earn your trust back, I’ll do it. Just tell me what to do, I’ll do anyth-“ he rambled on but I cut him off…by kissing him.

As our lips connected in a beautiful kiss I kept on deepening it as did Josh. I felt so much love in that kiss and I never wanted it to end. By the time it did we were both panting for air as the kiss left us breathless.

“I love you and I’m so sorry I hurt you,” he told me as his hand cupped my cheek.

“I love you too Josh,” I said as we wrapped our arms around each other and held one another tightly.

He kissed my shoulder and said “So how can I earn your trust back?”

“You already did,” I smiled as I pressed my lips to his once again.

After we parted for a second time he held me in his arms and left multiple kisses on my head.

“I still don’t see how you thought I would have kissed Todd! EW! Kirsten Grant does not kiss anything that resembles an ugly bear,” I giggled.

“Yeah I guess I should have though that through more,” Josh chuckled.

“I’m so glad that you’re back with me. I’m sick of crying,” I said giving him a weak smile.

“I know me too. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me that you’re the one in my arms but…..I really want someone else in my arms too,” he said smiling toward the end.

“I think that someone would be happy too,” I smiled genuinely. “C’mon let’s go.”

I called my brother and apparently Todd was back home with Ty,still no Kylee but Cody was at our house with Blake so we drove home as fast as we could.

Josh scooped me up in his arms and carried me giggling inside. I kissed his cheek as he took me into the living room. I saw Cody holding Blake, who looked like he just woke up.

“Hey looks like the Grant couple is back together!” Cody smiled as we both smiled.

Josh set me down and looked at Blake who was rubbing his eyes. Once those big brown eyes of his opened they landed on Josh who had a smile from ear to ear.

”DADA!” Blake yelled excitedly as he let his pacifier fall out of his mouth.

Cody set him down and he ran as fast as he couldand totally out of control into Josh’s waiting and outstretched arms.

Josh picked him up and covered his face in so many kisses and Blake let out tons of giggles and squeals.

“Blake I missed you so much. I love you buddy,” Josh grinned.

Blake threw his arms around Josh’s neck and clung tightly to him while Josh had a face of utter contentment and happiness on his face. He removed one of his arms which he held out to me.

“It’s not a proper hug unless all the people I love are in it,” Josh cheesily said to me.

“Aw I missed your cheesy comments,” I told him as I put my arms around both of my boys.

“Well I guess I’m not one of the people Josh loves then,” Cody dramatically sighed once our little hug was over.

“I guess not,” Josh teased as he shrugged his shoulders and I laughed.

“At least my sister loves me,” He over-acted as he came over and threw his arms around me.

“Your sister loves you very much…even if you are a geek,” I smiled as I put my arms around him.

“Your brother-in-law loves you too and he thanks you for taking care of his wife,” Josh said as he patted Cody’s back.

“Duh dude, she’s my sister. Of course I’m gonna take care of her. But now that your back that’s your job,” He smiled as he let go of me.

“I love that job,” Josh beamed as he pecked my lips then kissed Blake’s forehead.

Finally, Josh was back here with us, and I couldn’t be happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow...um i think this is the only time that you'll ever hear me say this....i don't really have anything to say sooooo....um....Josh is really cute......and um........I had an imanginary friend named Ralph once but he moved to Canada...um yeah, that's it....haha

The Grants