The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Is There Something Wrong?

Today, I have my second ultrasound. I’m kind of excited. I’m a little over four months and if we want to, we can find out what our second child’s going to be. I can’t wait! Todd and I are still debating if we want to know. We’ve gone on for hours about what we’re having sometimes. I like it. It shows me how excited he has to be a daddy.

We dropped Tyson off at his grandpa and grandma Potter’s. He wanted to come so badly, but Todd and I knew it wouldn’t be the best idea. We’d be too focused on what the doctor was saying to keep an eye on him.

“What’s this one going to be, mama?” Todd asked so cutely once we were waiting for the doctor to come in. He gently placed his hand on my rapidly growing tummy and flashed me a smile. He’s so cute!

“I don’t know… I just hope it’s so cute like you,” I smiled while reaching up to kiss those yummy plump lips.

He was just about to say something, but the doctor came in. Before sitting back in his chair, Todd kissed my cheek and removed his hand from my tummy to take my hand. A smile was still on my face as my examination got started.

Everything was normal, my doctor said, which is good, because I feel so frickin’ huge. I swear something wasn’t right. But once she started the ultrasound, she let out a little gasp of surprise, grabbing Todd and I’s attention… Uh oh.

“Is there something wrong?” Todd blurted out while squeezing my hand lightly.

“I don’t see how I missed this before,” she started looking at the screen with her face wrinkled up in confusion.

Todd and I both looked at each other, worry in both our eyes. What is she talking about? She needs to spill… NOW!

“Is it… bad?” Todd asked softly.

“Well, if you're not ready for it, then it may be,” she replied, not making me feel much better. “There's two babies,” she went on.

My jaw dropped. What? So we’re having…

“Twins?” Todd asked, just as shocked as I was.

“That’s what it’s looking like. There’s two heartbeats. Look,” she explained, showing us two little fussy flutters on the screen.

I didn’t know if I should be insanely excited or… not. Two babies… and Tyson… and Todd. Can I handle this? But I looked at Todd and he sent me a smile. It may have been a weak one, but it made everything seem so much better. I was suddenly excited.

She went on to ask us if we wanted to know what they were. We both agreed that we’ve had a little too much excitement for the day and would find out another time.

As we drove home, it was silent… and it was horrible. Todd’s hand was in mine, but he still wasn’t saying much. He just kept those sunglass covered eyes on the road. I would look over at him every now and then, but he would never look back. It made me sad.

When we got home, I went up to our room. I was exhausted from the day. Thestress excitement of hearing that we had two babies on the way and just being pregnant caught up to me. But before I allowed myself to fall into a slumber, I called Kirstie. I was sure she was the first one to know that we were having twins.

“Oh my gosh, are you excited?” she asked, obviously slightly hyper.

“Kind of; Todd’s being quiet though and I don’t like it,” I sighed.

“It’s Todd! What do you really expect from that man?” she teased, making me smile a little.

“But I want him to be happy with it,” I almost whined.Stupid hormones.

“Well, he’s gonna have to be. Those babies are gonna come and there’s nothing that hairy bear can do about it,” she went on, knowing she had an effect on my smile right now.

She went on to build my excitement. I was happier than I was when I got home. My hand went down to rest on my stomach as Kirstie and I said our goodbyes. At least I know why I’m so much bigger…

As I lay there, I heard the front door open, followed by mumbles that were people talking. Within a few minutes, my two gorgeous babies were walking into the room. Ty’s little eyes lit up as he wiggles his way out of Todd’s arms and then crawled onto the bed with me.

“Hey, sweetie. You’d have fun with grandma and grandpa?” I asked after I left a kiss on the top of his head.

“Yeah,” he smiled while nestling his way into my arms. Aw, my baby’s tired.

I rested my chin just above his head as I wrapped my arms tightly around him. Sighs came out of me as I thought of how two babies at once could change everything. Todd noticed something wasn’t right and came over to hook his own arms around me. It made me smile and rest my hand on top of his once he rested it on my stomach.

“Mommy, can it move yet?” Tyson asked as his little hand came up next to Todd and I’s.

“I don’t know, honey. We can try and feel though,” I smiled at his curiosity.

“They can hear you though, Ty,” Todd hinted, but Ty, being the little thing that he is, didn’t catch his father’s comment.

He just went right on trying to feel for baby movement. It was so cute. I bet this would be such a cute family picture.

But he quickly got bored with this and climbed down to go to his room to play. I sighed and turned onto my back so that I could see Todd’s gorgeous eyes. They made me smile and hug onto his solid core.

“Can you just tell me what’s going through your head right now? You’re making me feel uneasy,” I finally pushed out softly.

He took in a few breaths that weren’t the deepest, but they weren’t shallow either. He has me scared right now.

“I’m a little… nervous about all of this,” he sighed while running his hand through my hair.

I let out my own sigh and kept my eyes focused on the graphic on his shirt. That’s not the answer I wanted; especially in that tone.

“But I couldn’t imagine going through this with any other person,” he went on to whisper into my ear.

I looked up at him and pouted my bottom lip out from how cute his little comment was. I love him so much. I just had to show him how much with a kiss. Why is so gorgeous? He messes with my hormones so much more when he’s being this cute. It’s not fair! I don’t know if I can put up with five more months of this…
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't you readers just little smarty pants? lol

Ky & Todd

comment?