The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

My Three Grant Boys

I got more details last night about why the JGR team wants us to move to North Carolina. So Josh hasn’t really been doing that well this year in Supercross, he’s been coming in about 12th every race. It is worse than he normally does, but, Supercross isn’t his strong suit either.

Apparently the JGR team thinks he’d be more focused if we were in North Carolina where he could have the entire team there with him and the gym and track and everything would be right there and so that’s why we have to move.

Josh thought about looking for a new team but I told him not too. JGR is such a good team and have always treated Josh so well. They are one of the few teams that really care about their riders and I knew Josh loved riding for them so I didn’t want him to leave the team.

I’m not going to lie, I don’t want to move…at all but I haven’t said anything to Josh about it. That would only make him upset. My whole life is in California, I’ve never known anywhere else and I love it here.

I still chose to keep my thoughts to myself as not to make Josh feel bad. But this morning I had to go into the office but Josh’s dad Mike was going to come over today anyway to watch Josh practice so he offered to go ahead and keep an eye on the kids.

On the way to the office I started thinking more about moving to North Carolina…and it got me really sad. I sulked into the office but as I walked by Kylee’s office door that was open I heard her call my name.

“Hey, why didn’t you come say hi?” Kylee asked as I walked into her office. I just shrugged.

“She just doesn’t like you anymore, Ky,” Todd teased. I didn’t even notice he was there until now, but none of the kids were there.

“Kirstie… are you okay?” Kylee asked.

“…No,” I sighed running a hand through my hair.

“What’s wrong?” Ky questioned.

……Well…uh…um…how am I supposed to say this to my best friend?

“We have to move to North Carolina,” I said in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

“Really?” she asked after a long period of silence. I just nodded my head slowly as she came over and gave me a big hug.

“I don’t want to move to North Carolina but I don’t want to tell Josh that because I know he doesn’t either and that’s not going to help any,” I sighed while running a hand through my hair and I heard Todd mumble out something but I couldn’t hear exactly what he said.

“Kirstie you’re gonna come visit here all the time so it won’t be that big of a deal,” Todd groaned in a voice that sounded like he didn’t really care at all.

“But I grew up here, I’ve never lived anywhere else and neither has Josh. All our families are here, our business that we built from the ground up is here,” I heavily sighed.

Kylee took a seat on her small couch and patted the seat next to her so I plopped down while Todd leaned up against the desk and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“I don’t wanna go, I wanna stay here,” I said as I started to cry.

Kylee put a comforting arm around me as I couldn’t stop the tears from coming while Todd just stood there looking at me with a blank stare.

“Why don’t you just go talk to Josh,” Todd said with annoyance clear in his voice.

“I don’t want to make him upset though,” I cried.

”Well you know what Kirstie! We have our own problems and we don’t need to deal with all of yours,” Todd shouted at me. “You always get all emotional too and start crying! Why do you always have to cry? it’s so annoying!”

“Well I’m sorry I’m a little upset Todd. I’m moving to the other side of the country!” I said getting ticked off.

“Duh I know that! You’ve only been whining about it for the last ten minutes!” His voice boomed.

“Well sorry, I thought that my friends might care but I guess I was wrong,” I muttered out before I got up and walked out of the room.

I couldn’t go back to work now so I got into my truck and wiped away my tears as best I could but they were soon replaced by fresh ones. My truck rolled to a stop in our drivewaybut it wouldn’t be our driveway for much longer.

I sat in my truck for a long time just thinking. I wasn’t mad at Todd for what he said…just hurt. I never knew that’s how he really felt about me. I was honestly hurt by what he said to me…well what he yelled at me.

Maybe moving won’t be as hard as I thought it would be. The Potters feel differently about me than I though. My family is always traveling so I’m sure they would come to see us and we’d come see them. Josh’s parents come to a lot of his races. I’m sure JGR would give me a job taking pictures…or I could just do it as a hobby; it’s not like we need the money. Yeah, just maybe…

I slipped a pair of sunglasses on to hide my red eyes and walked into the backyard where I saw my father-in-law sitting with our two boys watching Josh practice. A big smile came across my face as I went over to give them all a hug and Josh came in for a minute to give me a hug as well.

“Josh” I started as I pulled him off to the side a little. “I’ve been thinking about this moving thing and I just want you to know that I’m behind you.”

“That makes me feel a lot better Kirstie. Thank you,” He smiled before connecting our lips.

Yeah maybe this would be okay. All I need is my three Grant boys…
♠ ♠ ♠
so i was just on ronnie renners twitter page and i read this: "Hangin with @TODDPOTTER1 at a baby shower. Go figure! " hahaha funny.

Kirstie and Josh