The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

I Would Have Slapped Him

Since I had some work to do at the studio and Todd had a few meetins with Rockstar that he wasn’t too happy about, his parents volunteered to watch our gorgeous babies. I was busily working on a few ad pictures when my hubby came in… Well, more of stomping, making his footsteps echo throughout the whole studio.

“What’s wrong with my Toddie Bear?” I cooed while holding my arms out for him.

“My Rockstar team manager yelled at me,” he huffed, ignoring my outstretched arms to plop down in the chair that was on the other side of my desk.

“Aw, what for, baby?” I asked, hoping it wasn’t too serious.

“I wore a Mulisha hat in an X Games interview that just happened to be televised. They saw it and yelled at me because I didn’t have any Rockstar gear on,” he complained, his frustration coming over his face.

“Aw,” I cooed while getting up to wrap my arms around him.

He pulled me into his lap and I held onto him tightly as he let out flustered sighs. Aw, my poor baby. His big, bad Rockstar rep yelled at him. I pulled my head off of his shoulder slightly so that I could still gaze into his eyes. My smile cracked its way through, making Todd’s quickly follow.

“I love you,” he said softly while resting his head on my shoulder.

“I love you too,” I smiled as my fingers ran through his thick dark curls.

We sat this way for a few more minutes before my phone rang and I had to get up to get it. Once the person had scheduled their session, I looked at Todd with a playful pouty face. It made his smile come back over him before he bent forward to put his head in his hands. Poor baby.

When I tried to go back to work, I heard the door open and then close. A few seconds later Kirstie walked past. She didn’t even say hi… What is up with her? It started bugging me so I called for her.

“Hey, why didn’t you come say hi?” I asked once she walked in. She just shrugged in response.

“She just doesn’t like you anymore, Ky,” Todd taunted, making me roll my eyes.

“Kirstie, are you ok?” I asked, worried about her emotional state if something was really wrong.

“No…” she sighed while running her hand through her hair.

“What’s wrong?” I poked again, knowing it was something now.

It took her a few sighs before she finally told me: “We have to move to North Carolina,” she pushed out; her voice barely above a whisper.

Um… WHAT? All the way to… North Carolina? That’s like… far. We can’t drive to see each other in fifteen minutes. We can’t run to each other if we have a problem… Our kids can’t play together now.

“Really?” I finally was able to push out.

She nodded her head slowly, making me push myself to my feet and warp her up in a big hug. Todd just sat there, being the little stubborn thing that he is right now, because his stupid Rockstar rep yelled at him.Whiner!

“I don’t want to move to North Carolina, but I don’t want to tell Josh that, because I know he doesn’t either and that’s not going to help anything,” she went on to sigh while running her hand through her hair again.

“Then don’t tell him,” Todd mumbled out in his grumpy state.

I don’t think Kirstie heard him, which is a really good thing. I chose to ignore him, but he went on to groan out:

“Kirstie, you’re gonna come visit all the time so it won’t be that big of a deal.”

Before I could make his words seem more… nice, Kirstie started talking again.

“But I grew up here. I’ve never lived anywhere else and neither has Josh. All our families are here; our business that we built from the ground up is here,” she sighed heavily.

I went over and sat on the little couch in my office. Once I patted the spot next to me for Kirstie, she walked over. Todd got up from his chair to lean against my desk while crossing his arms so that he could face us.

“I don’t wanna go. I wanna stay here,” she said as tears started to form in her eyes.

I gave her a sympathetic look as I hooked an arm around her for her to cry on my shoulder. Todd just looked at her like he wasn’t even there. He better not open that big mouth of his… I swear if he does…

“Why don’t you just go talk to Josh?” he spoke with way too much annoyance in his voice. It really ticked me off!

“I don’t want to make him upset though,” she countered through her tears.

“Well, you know what, Kirstie? We have our own problems and we don’t need to deal with all of yours,” Todd yelled… and he didn’t have the right too. “You always get all emotional too and start crying! Why do you always have to cry? It’s so annoying!” he went on, making me so mad right now.

Before I could snap back at him and protect Kirstie, she started rambling. Her crying was obviously getting heavier.

“Well, I’m sorry I’m a little upset, Todd. I’m moving to the other side of the country!” she snapped.

“DUH, I know that! You’ve only been whining about it for the last ten minutes,” he shouted back.

“Sorry, I thought that my friends might care, but I guess I was wrong,” she mumbled through her cries before storming off.

Once the front door to the studio shut, I gave Todd the biggest glare I could muster. He just looked at me innocently. Nu uh. You are not in anyway innocent; especially today!

“What is with you? She’s moving all the way to the east coast and you can’t even keep your mouth shut to be supportive of her mood?” I snapped while pushing myself to my feet to take a few steps closer to him.

“She should talk to Josh about this. Not us,” he replied.What a genius he is.

“She’s my best friend, Todd! I’m supposed to be the person that she can tell anything too and you yell at her when she’s trying to tell me one of the most emotional things in her life right now. What the heck is wrong with you?” I shouted towards the end.

I was so mad at him right now! If I weren’t married to him, I would have slapped him. Not even kidding.

“I’m sorry,” he said softly with his eyes falling to the floor.

“You shouldn’t be saying sorry to me. Because of you, Kirstie now thinks that I don’t care about her moving. Do you know how hard it was more to keep it together for her when she started talking? We’ve been best friends since we’ve been six. She knows things about me that you nor my parents know… and now she’s moving far, far away… and all you can say is talk to Josh about it because we have our own problems? Yeah, Todd. You getting yelled at by one of your sponsors because you didn’t wear the right hat is such a problem that we just can’t hear about Kirstie’s huh?” I rambled on.

He didn’t anything and I’m glad he didn’t. It would have just fueled my fire even more. Instead of waiting for him to come up with something even more stupid, I grabbed my purse and hurried off to my car. I may be insanely mad at him right now, but… I still want to see the beautiful babies that he’s given me.
♠ ♠ ♠
do i feel a mass update coming on? lol

Todd & Ky

comment?