The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Daddy's Not Here

My Joshie is off racing that beautiful Yamaha this weekend while I’m at home, at Josh and my home I love the way that sounds. I was going to go to his race, but Todd wanted to go and so I’ll let them have a boys weekend. I decided that I’d have a romantic thing planned when Josh got back though. I’d make the house all nice and I’d get dressed up and be ready for him when he gets home.
 
Kylee came over with Ty to watch the race. I was pretty much bouncing up and down the entire race cheering for Joshlike he can hear me. But it must have paid off because he came in second! When they interviewed him he talked about the race but then Erin said “So you’ve done great even though you haven’t practiced much this week.”
 
Josh laughed a little and said “Not really. I got married on Monday and my wife and I have been in Hawaii. I love her, she’s so amazing.”
 
My heart just melted when he said that last part. I rewinded it like four times and watched it again but then Ky made me stop. I took Ty from her and set him in my lap and Kylee and I chatted but then we heard Ty yell “Dada”
 
“Daddy’s not here,” Kylee said to him but we heard his voice.
 
Of course Todd was on the screen and they wanted to talk to him and Todd being his talkative self, of course loved it. Now it was Kylee’s turn to rewind it a million times. I couldn’t do anything but laugh.
 
“I’m surprised Joshie hasn’t called yet,” I sighed a few hours later while Kylee and I were playing with Tyson.
 
“Yeah I would think either him or Todd would call,” she said as her eyebrows wrinkled in confusion.
 
Just then the phone rang and a smile came across my face. I jumped up and ran to the phone hoping it was Josh but I didn’t recognize the number.
 
“Hello,” I pushed out.
 
“Hello is this Mrs.Grant?” a woman asked and I smiled at her statement.
 
“Yes it is,” I replied.
 
“Well your husband has been involved in a car accident,” she stated.
 
”WHAT?” I shouted making Kylee and Ty look at me.
 
“He and Mr.Potter were both in the car and are at the hospital now,” She calmly told me. She then went on to say what hospital and I said that Kylee and I would be there.
 
Tears were streaming down my face as I walked back over to Kylee and she was staring at me while Ty was sitting in her lap quietly.
 
“Josh and Todd are in the hospital,” I balled.
 
Her jaw dropped as I went on to repeat everything the woman had told me as I walked around trying to find my keys. After what seemed like hours, I found them and we ran out the door and jumped into my truck.
 
I drove and Kylee held Ty close to her chest. The car ride was quiet except for me yelling at all the traffic. It’s a good thing I’m not a drinker or I’d be having some strong vodka right now. When we finally got to the hospital we had to wait a painstakingly long two hours before we could go in and see them.
 
Kylee and I shared a hug before we walked our separate ways to our husbands room. I walked in to see Josh lying on a white hospital bed. I slowly crept to his bed and knelt down next to his bed.
 
His eyes were closed, refusing to let me see those beautiful caramel eyes that I love so much. His nose had a lot of cuts on it and there were a few sporadic ones on his face. Bruises blotched his face and his hair was going every direction. The bruises and cuts spilled onto his tattooed arms.

Josh’s chest gently rose and fell and my eyes scanned the room. On a white board I saw his name written and a bunch of other stuff scribbled down. The only thing I could make out of the long list was broken ribs. At this point I didn’t care what injuries he had as long as he was alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie didn't leave me a polyvore for this one :(
but i think her next one does soo... look for it :D

comment pretty please :)