The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

He's Greasy

I was freaking out! I haven’t heard form Todd all day… or even heard his voice. I love it when he does this! Just up and leave, Todd. After I yelled at you. Makes me feel so wonderful about our marriage.

But I tried to occupy myself with our kids. But it was clear that Ty was wondering where his father was. I hated that I couldn’t ever give him the answer he wanted. He just went right on playing with his toys though.

As the day went on, I tended to my baby girls as much as I could. Thankfully, they never got too fussy or needy at the same time. Ty was a lot of help, but it was clear that he wanted his daddy… His mommy did too.

After I had laid the two girls down for their afternoon nap, I turned around and saw Ty standing in the doorway with a sad look in his eyes. I pouted at him as I walked over. When I opened my arms up to him, he gladly jumped into them.

“Want to watch a movie, Ty?” I asked him after leaving a soft kiss on his forehead.

“I want daddy,” he whined while rubbing his little eyes. Aw, someone else needs a nap.

“Sweetie, I don’t know where he is,” I sighed as I started down the stairs.

“But I want him!” he whined even more while tears started welling up in his big brown eyes that made me miss Todd so much more.

“Tyson, I don’t know where he is. If I knew, I would have him here,” I told him, sort of losing it a little with him.

I couldn’t help it. I missed my husband and Tyson kept reminding me of that. He looked at me with tearful eyes and started to let them fall. Aw, my baby.

“Ty,” I cooed while rubbing his back gently and going over to sit on the couch with him.

He still whimpered as I shushed him and brought Toy Story up on the TV. He calmed down slightly. But it was clear… he wanted his papa bear.

“I wish I knew where daddy was, Ty,” I softly said after his cries had stopped.

“Maybe…” he started while sitting up to look at me. It was so cute. His forehead was winkled up in confusion. “Maybe he got eated… by a big bear,” he exaggerated, making me smile.

“Ty, that’s something like your Aunt Kirstie would say,” I giggled while kissing the top of his head.

“I miss her… and Blake,” he sighed while resting his head back down on my shoulder.

“You don’t miss Uncle Josh?” I asked while smoothing his thick dark hair.

“No… he’s greasy,” he shot back.

Now that made me giggle. And he got a few kisses.

“Want to call Aunt Kirstie?” I asked while grabbing my phone off of the table.

He replied with an excited yeah as I was dialing. Tyson was the first to speak once she said hello. Just hearing her laugh made me miss her and her little Grant family so much more.

“So, what’s up, Ky?” she asked once her and Ty’s littletoddler babble was over.

“I can’t find Todd and I’m like freaking out. I already snapped at Tyson for it too. I feel like the worst mom,” I pouted, but Tyson wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly, making me smile.

“Oh, you can have that bear thing back… He showed up at my door at five thirty this morning,” she said, but I knew a smile was in her voice.

“What? He’s there?” I asked quickly.

“Yeah… He came to apologize… He didn’t tell you?” she asked.

“NO!” I shot back.

“Todd Potter, you didn’t tell your wife you were coming all the way across the country? She’s right… You are a butthead,” she yelled… without pulling her mouth away from the phone.

I held it away from my ear, making Tyson giggle at me.

“I can’t believe he didn’t tell you. The pain I want to cause to that scruffy thing right now,” she muttered.

“Don’t hurt him. I want him home in one piece. I got some kisses for him since he apologized,” I smiled at the thought of how sweet he was.

He went all the way to North Carolina to apologize… Aw.

“I still don’t see how you can find his lips through all that scruff,” she mumbled.

She went on to tell me how much she loved North Carolina… But I knew she really wasn’t happy. It made me sad for her, but… they’ll make it work.They kind of have too.

Once we were off the phone, Tyson seemed a little happier. He knew were his daddy was. But a few minutes later, my phone was ringing. I smiled once I saw that gorgeous scruffy face light up on my screen. I handed it to Tyson once I had hit the answer button.

My smile stayed on my face as Tyson talked happily with his father. Once they were done, he handed the phone back to me and climbed onto the couch, sitting next to me to try and hear more of his dad’s voice.

“You know… I still want to be so mad at you, but… that was really cute,” I couldn’t hold in my smile.

“I would love to say that I did this just for you, but… I feel better that I apologized,” he beamed on the other end.

“That’s good,” I smiled, but in the background, I heard:

WAIT! I forgot to tell Ky something!” Kristie said.

The next thing I hear are the two going at it… or so it sounded like. Todd was shouting go away. I want to talk to my wifey. Then Kirstie’s all, I haven’t seen her in a week! You could at least let me talk to her. Then of course, Todd countered with use your own phone!

A few seconds later, after a silence had come through the other end, my phone flashes with a call waiting. I rolled my eyes and told him to hold as I answered Kirstie.

“What did you forget to tell me?” I asked with a sigh, but I still smiled.

“Nothing… I just wanted to mess with him,” she giggled.

KIRSTIEN!” I heard Todd’s voice shout, making both Tyson and I giggle. “Get off the phone. I want to talk to her!” he almost whined.

“Nu uh,” she giggled.

“Kirstie,” I said through my own giggles.

Todd and Kirstie went on to argue for a few more minutes before I finally hung on Kirstie. I’ll probably hear form her later, but… I really wanted to talk to Todd right now.

“Ok, I’m going outside so she can’t bother me,” he said with a smile in his voice.

“I miss you, baby,” I blurted out, letting go of all of my frustration towards him.

“I miss you too. I’m sorry I just left, but… I didn’t want you to think I was doing this just to get back on your good side,” he replied.

“It was more of a motive though,” I teased.

“True,” he chuckled, making my smile flash all the way through. “But everything’s all good now. She actually hugged me and didn’t die,” he went on.

“Aw, how cute. Too bad I didn’t get to see it,” I taunted once again.

“If I were they I would kiss you to shut you up,” he countered, making me giggle.

“I wish you were here. There’s a lot of kisses that we need to catch up on,” I said alluringly.

“Baby, don’t do this to me when I’m all the way in North Carolina,” he groaned ever so cutely.

“I want you home though,” I pouted.

“I’ll be home tomorrow. My flight leaves here early in the morning. I’ll be there… you better be there waiting for me in my favorite outfit of yours,” he smirked.

“Your Answer jersey?” I teased, feeling my face burn with red.

“Uh huh… the blue one,” he continued to smirk.

I let out a giggle and continued to talk to him teasingly. I wanted him home now. He even looked for a sooner flight, but there weren’t any. After we got off the phone, it was Ty’s bedtime.

After I put him down and gave him a few extra kisses since Todd wasn’t here, I went into our room… and changed into Todd’s blue answer jersey. I couldn’t help but smile as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I expected to feel Todd’s beefy arms wrap around me, but… the never did. Looks like I’ll have to wait for when he walks through the door in the morning… wearing his blue Answer jersey… just like he likes it.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D updates updates updates lol

comment?