The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Some Pocket Lint and A Shiny Penny

I smiled as we walked into our home. It may be empty right now but it’s still our home. No matter how long we could have stayed in North Carolina that would never have been the place we called home, that title belonged to California. I left a kiss on Logan’s head as Josh put his playpen up and I laid him down in it.

Blake and Ty were running around and playing in the front yard while Josh and I started carrying boxes in. After we had managed to get all of the boys boxes into their rooms I decided I wanted some furniture in the family room.

“Josh let’s carry in the couch,” I suggested.

“No, we’ll wait for Todd and then he and I can carry it in,” Josh told me as we passed the boys in the front yard and went out to the trailer.

“C’mon Joshie, I’m not a wimp. I can carry it,” I said while putting my hands on my hips.

“I know you can but I don’t want my baby girl to get hurt. I wanna take care of you,” He cutely said while wrapping his arms around my waist.

“I love you,” I smiled and he said it right back.

He started moving his lips closer to mine but I quickly closed the gap and quickly after pulled away leaving him breathless and wanting more. I let go of him completely and went and took hold of the couch. He sent a look my way and I just gave him an innocent smile.

“What?” I asked.

“Oh you know what,” he smirked while grabbing the other end of the couch. We then carried it inside and put it down in the living room.

I slowly walked over to Logan’s playpen and smiled down at our sleeping boy but then I leaned down and left the softest kiss on the top of his head. When I turned around Josh was just walking out of the kitchen and gazed at me.

He then laid down on the couch and I went over and laid right on top of him. His arms slowly made their way around my waist. I thought I’d have a little fun with him so I looked up and left a series of the same type of kisses I gave him earlier, the ones that left him breathless and wanting more. Every time he tried to connect our lips I just gave him more of the short passionate ones.

“Will you stop that!” He shot at me playfully.

“Stop what?” I kidded.

“Stop kissing me like that,” Josh told me with a smile breaking through. “I know you’re doing this just to tease me and it’s working!

“Aww is my Joshie getting upset,” I cooed.

“Your Joshie wants to kiss you,” He lowly whispered next to my ear as I got a shiver down my spine. “Ha! I got you that time.”

“Just shut up and kiss me,” I teased.

“Gladly,” He smiled as he connected our lips together.

My hands started running through his short brown hair as his hands rubbed my back gently as he deepened the kiss. We were in a very heated makeout session when we heard ”EW!”

We sadly separated to see The Potters standing there with Blake and Ty as well. They must have come in from playing outside when the Potters got here.

“What are you guys doing in front of our son?” Ky smiled as we got up but Josh put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

All of us started unpacking and bringing in furniture and by dinnertime it was looking like our home again. I recapped all of this while we were outside barbecuing. When we were done eating Tyson and Blake were sitting on the steps of the deck playing with their dirt bike toys while we sat in chairs and I held Logan and the Potter couple each held one of their daughters.

“Wouldn’t it be funny if Blake ended up marrying Lily or Addy?” Ky giggled while looking over at our boys.

”No it wouldn’t,” Todd countered and Josh let out a soft chuckle while wrapping his arms around Logan and I.

“Why not?” Ky shot at him.

“Because then I’d have to be legally bound to her!” Todd shot pointing at me.

“Aw but that would be awesome. Blake could marry Lily and ooh Logan could marry Addy!” I giggled along with Kylee.

“That’s perfect!” Ky smiled.

“Josh we should have a little girl that Ty could marry!” I excitedly said while smiling up at him.

“How about we let our kids choose who they want to marry,” Josh snickered.

“Yeah and Blake and Logan better keep their hands off our girls. When the girls get older I might have to beat down some boyfriends,” Todd said.

“But our boys aren’t afraid of the big bad wolf,” I said through my laughs.

“Shut up Kirsten,” He shot at me with a smirk.

“Toddie, our girls are going to get married one day and wouldn’t it be adorable if they married our best friends kids,” Ky teased. We weren’t in the least bit serious. I mean, yeah it’s be adorable if one of them did, but we want them to marry who they love. But I sure do love furthering this conversation just to annoy Todd.

“No because I don’t want to be related to Kirstie! That’s a scary thought,” Todd shook his head but his smile eventually broke through. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“But if one of your girls did happen to marry one of our boys then Lily or Addy would sure have an adorable husband because they look like Josh,” I giggled.

“Well if that did happen I sure hope that our girl would marry Logan because he seems more like Josh. Blake is like your little twin,” Todd teased.

“Shut up Todd,” Ky shot a teased glare at her husband.

“Blake is her little twin though. He’s got those big brown sparkly eyes, her excitement, her smile and just Kirstie’s beautiful personality,” Josh said more to me than anyone else as he left a kiss on my cheek.

“Josh, I pity you man, you not only have to deal with Kirstie but Blake too,” Todd groaned.

“I’m so glad I have both of them,” Josh smiled while resting his head on my shoulder. “I wouldn’t trade them for the world.”

“I would trade them for some pocket lint and a shiny penny,” Todd laughed at his own attempt at a joke.

“Well you know what Todd!” I shot at him.

“Nuh-uh. No fighting you two,” Ky giggled. I just shot Todd a playful glare.

“It is a good thing that you have Josh to balance you out though,” Ky smiled over at us. “And Logan seems to be a little Josh…. He’ll grow up to be greasy just like Josh too,” Kylee added making all of us laugh.

“He does remind me so much of you,” I smiled looking at Josh then down at our son who was in my arms.

“Thank you for giving me such a wonderful family,” Josh sighed holding us tighter. “I love you so much.”

“Well, I couldn’t have done it without you,” I giggled. “I love you too Joshie.”

“What about me!” Blake cutely whined as he walked over to us.

“Aw we love you buddy. You know that,” Josh said while taking his arms from around me to pick up our oldest son and put him on his lap. Then Josh put one arm around me and one arm around Blake.

“I know. I’m glad you’re my daddy,” Blake said while hugging onto Josh making me want to cry right there.

“I’m so happy you’re my son Blake. You, your mom, and Logan mean the world to me. I love you,” Josh said and I think I even saw the tiniest gloss on his eyes.

“I have the bestest mommy too,” Blake grinned over at me.

“I love you Blakey,” I said holding back my tears but leaning over and kissing him first then Josh followed by Logan.

I looked over at the Potters and saw they were having a similar family moment. Ky looked over at me and gave me the biggest smile. I handed Logan to Josh and Ky handed Lily to Todd as we got up and shared a hug and both shed a few tears.

“I love you so much Ky, I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love my Grant family so much but you’ve been there for me since we were six years old,” I smiled through my tears.

“I know Kirstie. I don’t love anyone the way that I love you and I never could,” She weakly smiled back as she had a few tears running down her cheeks.

“I feel the exact same way,” I told her while giving her another hug. “I’m so happy we’re back,” I sighed.

“Me too Kirstie, me too,” she softly said.

They say that you never know what you have until it’s gone and I completely realized the meaning of those words when we had to move. All the small things that make me so happy like teasing Todd, watching Tyson and Blake play together, hearing Kylee say hi when I walked into the office were things that I lost for a while. Well now that I have them back I’m never going to take them for granted again.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, i didn't make a set either because like Ky said, i don't think all of them would fit...