The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

He's A Tough Moto Guy

Kirstie and I gave each other a much needed hug before we slowly walked to see the state of our husband’s. I was so scared to see what I would find. As I approached his room, I felt tears already welling up in my eyes. But Tyson seemed to… notice.

He put his little pudgy hand on my cheek like Todd usually does and looked into my eyes. I could have lost it right then and there. As I felt a tear fall, I left a soft kiss on his forehead so he wouldn’t see it.

I stood outside of his room for a few seconds, trying to prepare myself for what I would see… Maybe I shouldn’t have Tyson with me… What if this event is one of those things that wills scar him for life? But it’s his dad… Whatever. It’s too late now.

When I went in, I let out a sigh of relief. He only seemed to have two machines hooked up to him. Thank God! I was thinking the whole room would be filled with those beeping things. As I walked over to him, his eyes slowly fluttered open. I was so happy when I saw this… yet; tears still fell from my eyes.

“DA-DA!” Tyson happily squealed while trying to lunge for Todd.

I didn’t know what was damaged on him so I held him tightly, trying to keep him in my arms… easier said that done.

“Babe, he’s fine. He can sit right here,” Todd said, slightly groggy while moving over to make a spot on the bed for his son.

While still fighting with him to stay in my arms, I gently placed him next to Todd and pulled up a chair. He slung an arm around Tyson as he climbed onto his chest to lay his head down. I smiled as Todd bent down to leave a gentle kiss on his head. With Ty still laying flat on his father’s chest, Todd reached out for my hand. I gladly gave it to him.

“What happened, baby?” I asked softly while rubbing my thumb in small circles on his hand.

“I don’t remember too much. It all happened so fast. It started raining. I was in the intersection to turn. The light changed… I think. The last thing I remember is Josh yelling…” he trailed off, but then quickly started again with his eyes wide. “Oh my God, Joshis he ok?” he asked, sitting up quickly, but holding Tyson tightly against him.

“I don’t know… Kirstie’s with him,” I replied, hoping how worked up he got doesn’t affect anything with him. “What about you though? Are you ok? Does anything hurt?” I went on to ask.

“I’m fine. They just told me to rest,” he said while rubbing Tyson’s small back as he laid back down himself.

As I sat here and watched Todd be so gentle with our baby, I couldn’t help but smile. He’s such a sweetheart… even if he’s in the hospital and had me scared to death.

“Ky, could you go check on Josh for me?” he asked softly.

“Of course, hun,” I smiled while getting up, ready to take Tyson with me… but he was sleeping.

“He’ll be fine,” he smiled weakly.

His own eyes looked heavy. I bet by the time I left the room, his eyes were closed just like Ty’s. I didn’t dare look back though. I would have stayed just to watch my too babies sleep.

I asked the receptionist where Josh’s room was. They sent me a few hallways down from Todd’s. When I reached his room, I knocked on the door softly. A few seconds later Kirstie answers the door with tears in her eyes. I frowned and opened my arms out to her.

“Where’s Ty?” she asked with her voice a little cracky.

“With Todd,” I replied softly once we parted.

“He’s awake?” she asked, seeming so shocked.

“Yeah… isn’t… Josh?” I asked, wishing I could take it back the second it left my mouth.

“No,” she said with her voice so small.

“Do you know what’s wrong with him?” I asked as we walked into his room.

Once we did, I wanted to cry for her. How I saw Josh was how I expected to see Todd. He had scratches everywhere along with multiple bruises. His eyes didn’t open like Todd’s did when I walked into the room either. His usually spiky hair was now just flat out messy and so… un-JG like.

“I guess his ribs are broken,” she said quietly while stepping up next to the side of the bed that was opposite of the side that I was on.

“Aw, Joshie,” I cooed, wanting him to wake up for Kirstie’s sake.

“Is Todd like… all there? Like… obviously he isn’t all there to begin with,” she said, making us both smile weakly.

“He seems to be. I think they have him on a few meds so he’s groggy. But other than that, he seems normal,” I replied.

“Did he tell you what happened?” she asked, obviously wanting answers for why her husband is in this horrendous state.

I went on to tell her everything that Todd told me up until he realized Josh was with him and asked if he was ok. She didn’t really say anything; just nodded her head and looked back down at Josh.

“It’ll be ok, Kirstie. He’s a tough moto boy. It’s going to take more than a car accident to bring ol’ JG down,” I tried to make her feel better.

I got a weak smile out of her, but it quickly faded. I wanted to stay with her longer, but she told me to get back to Ty and Todd. Arguing over something like this now wasn’t something that I thought would be good for her… so I left.

When I got back to Todd’s room, the two most precious things to me in the world were still sleeping. Before I got all the way in, I took my phone out and snapped a quick picture. The flash made Tyson’s forehead wrinkle up suddenly, but it quickly went back to normal.

I took my seat that I was sitting on before and watched my lovelies sleeping ever so peacefully. Every time I see this, I just feel like I’m staring at perfection. I’m such a lucky girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoes excited for X Games!?
I know this chick is! lol I can't wait! I'm forcing my 10 year old sister to watch with me and cheer for Todd and Josh!... oh and Ryan Guettler.. even though she says she hates them... she's a little butthead! lol

Ky & Ty

comment pretty please :D