The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

He’s Greasy And Short

“Every time they do this it makes me nervous,” Kylee shook her head as we sat waiting for X Games to get underway.

“I know, it does. Especially with the way Josh rides,” I giggled.

”Mommy,” Tyson whined. “When is daddy coming?”

“As soon as the Best Whip competition starts,” She smiled at him while holding onto Addy and Lily who were both sitting in her lap.

”JG JG JG!” Blake yelled once everyone in the stadium saw the initials of the contestants they could text for.

“Daddy!” Logan squealed while he kicked his legs and wiggled around.

“There’s Daddy, logan,” I smiled as I pointed out Josh who was riding around the stadium and I had to hold Logan tighter on my lap to make sure he didn’t fall from all his excitement.

“Uncle Josh is still too greasy to win,” Ty said as he turned around from watching everyone ride around pumping up the crowd.

“My daddy has cool whip on his butt patch,” Blake laughed trying to prove a point which made Kylee and I burst into a fit of giggles.

“Oh my gosh, Kirstie,” Kylee choked out through her laughs. “I remember at X Games before either of us ever got married you said that exact same thing about Josh having that on his butt patch!”

“I remember that!” I laughed along with her.

“Oh I have a new nickname for Just Gross,” She said while I rolled my eyes but asked what it was anyway.

“French Fry!” She told me.

“French Fry?” I asked. I happened to look down at our kids to see that all of their attention was on the dirt bikes while Kylee and I were having pretty much the same conversations we had years ago.

“Yeah because he’s greasy and short,” She giggled and I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“Well french fries are yummy and he’s flat out yummy so…” I trailed off with a smile.

“That man is far from yummy,” Ky retaliated rolling her eyes.

The competition got underway and Josh has the most beautiful whips in my opinion but Todd has thosefake showy whips that the crowd goes crazy for causing him to win and the rest of the Potter family to go into a frenzy, especially Ty.

“You did good Joshie,” I said as we walked over to them after they had gotten their medals.

“No, Daddy did amazing,” Blake said as Josh scooped him up, gave him a kiss, and sat him on the bike that he was already sitting on.

“You totally have the best whips. They’re classic, beautiful, and so smooth,” I beamed as he held his arms out for Logan who was now giggling as Josh left a bunch of kisses all over his face. He then pulled me closer to him and left a sweet kiss on my lips while telling me how much he loved me.

“Looks like Kirstie owes me some money,” I heard Todd’sobnoxious voice ring once we parted. I turned around to see him walking toward me with Addy in his arms and Ty on his shoulders while Kylee walked next to him with Lily.

“Josh still has the best whip,” I glared teasingly as I handed him a dollar.

“Not according to this,” He smirked pointing to the gold medal Ty was holding. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“You two haven’t changed at all, that’s for sure,” Kylee giggled.

“I don’t think any of us have really,” I truthfully said.

I’ve learned a lot these past years. I was reading a book once and it described age as an onion, there are layers. Each year you add a layer. Just because your turn four doesn’t mean you’re just four, you’re also three, two and one. We grow older but never leave those precious years behind.

Yeah I’ve made a lot of mistakes just like everyone else on the face of the earth but I’ve learned so much from them. You can try to always make the right decision, that’s obvious, most people do. But you can’t always control your situation, most of the time that part is out of your control, like when my brother was killed doing what he knew to be right and serving his country.

But you can control how you react in those situations. And you are the only one who can decide that one. That is 100% in your control. And that’s what shapes and molds us into the people we are today.

The people around us also help shape us into who we are. I’m just lucky to have such great people around me because all of them are there for me the day that I fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
so that's it, that's the end. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as Kylee and I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for all the comments and we appreciate you guys reading.

everyone

but we have something you guys might like, the Jake Weimer/Josh Grant story