Status: starting out

Soaring with the waves

Escape

Sometimes when I swim, I like to imagine myself flying in the sky, in full-motion but merely mute and deaf, almost indifferent to the world. It is a different dimension down there, a different world.

The water coaxes and lulls me into a sense of security. It never felt more right anywhere else than water. I was in my element in the water. There, I was not the awkward person I was on land. Gracefulness was one with me.

There, I soared like a bird. But instead of the sky, I had the ocean. The ocean was where I could be free, my haven of peace. I could find myself again in the waves. I could hear the voice of my heart in the silence of the deep waters.

On some days when reality is too harsh, I disappear amongst the waves, unwilling to emerge until my cheeks turn blue from lack of oxygen. It is my form of escape, my method of venting my frustrations. Yet, the ocean is like a lost love to me. When I needed it, it was always there for me but sometimes, just maybe sometimes, I feel like I am searching for something more.

Reality is as tough as it is. For me, reality is on land. But sometimes, reality itself becomes an illusion. There are daily routines I wish to break. They are just vicious cycles of people trying to bring one another down.

School itself is an issue for me. My grades fluctuate. When I activate "study-mode", I manage to scrape an least a B+. When I am lost in my dreams in another world, I am lucky to even hit a C.

Everyday, I watch the girls with their plastic smiles and fake eyelashes. Sluts, they were called. But the love-struck boys follow like puppy dogs at their heels. I watch as the "different" kids sit around with their sketchbooks and notebooks. I watch the boys in the playground pick on the "weirdos".

The system of the world is all wrong. Just people torturing others to no end. If the seed of hatred and war could be eradicated, what would the world be like? Perfect. Truly perfect.