Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Six.

Draco Malfoy sighed and kicked the bed out of frustration. “She has a kid and she never even planned on telling me” he muttered dryly before letting his emotions over take him just like his memories did of all those years ago.
His body suddenly yearned for her touch, his lips wanted her kiss, he wanted to hear her tingling laugh and just sit there watching her enjoying herself. He wanted her, even after all these years – even after all the time which tore distance between them. He wanted her so bad it hurt, and because of the distance and the time drove between them – life just complicated things.

He growled before leaving the room and leaving the leaky cauldron, not before paying the fee.
“Draco, where were you all night?” Astoria asked her room-mate, blushing furiously while running her hands through her brown tinglingly wet hair. “No where Astoria… no where” he muttered before pushing past her and towards the kitchen of the mansion.
The mansion that Emily used to own – she handed it over to him all those years ago as a gift – as a thank you.
Now it was his, he sighed before closing the fridge and drinking the fire whiskey “Draco!” Astoria squeaked, Draco lazily looked over to her “What?” he asked “it’s hardly past noon and you’re drinking?” she asked, he shrugged before yet again walking past her and up to his room.

Draco stopped suddenly, staring at the door which hadn’t been opened in four years. He had made it clear to Astoria not to even step within five paces of the door – or if she even touched it he’d hex her.
He sighed before gulping down the rest of his fire whiskey, closing his eyes tightly as the burning sensation dulled.
He walked close enough to the door so that he could learn his forehead on it “She has a kid, she has a perfect life. She has a fiancé” he repeated over and over again, every time the words slipped through his lips his heartbeat fastened.
“She isn't mine” he sighed before touching the cold door handle and pushing open the door.

His icy blue eyes scanned the room, nothing changed – nothing was out of place just covered with dust.
He whipped his wand and muttered a spell – the dust was gone and everything was clean once again. Good as new. He sighed and stared ather the bed – her scent was still lingering in the sheets as it slowly rose to his nose. Lavender and Mocha a weird pair but it suited her perfectly he sighed closing his eyes slightly not willing to let those tears go.
He lifted up a photograph of them together, a small smile played teasingly on his lips.

“Come on Draco” she yelled pulling on his arms, the snow was falling around them and she was laughing as he was letting out soft chuckles.
He tugged on her hand and she came crashing into his chest, the snow brought out the soft gold specks in her eyes, her cheeks were rose red and her hair in a loose bun.
It was the Christmas before she left.
He kissed her, she jerked back in surprise and he gave her a smile stroking her cold cheek with a gloved thumb “Don’t be scared of me Rose” he had whispered into her ear, she laughed and stepped back “who said anything about being scared?” she asked teasingly but he saw the seriousness in those big blue eyes of hers.
“I do” he chuckled, but didn’t see what she was doing he was captivated by the way her body moved and the way her eyes shined.

A big splat of cold met his neck, she had thrown a snowball at him – he chuckled deeply “who would’ve known a little delicate creature like you would be so evil” he chuckled before they raged in a snowball fight. He purposely missed – he didn’t want her sick.
They laid down in the soft layer of snow, side by side – both breathing heavily – both had flushed faces. She rolled onto her side so she could face and tower over him “Mister Draco Malfoy,” she paused making sure he was looking at her “Yes Miss Emily Riddle?” he asked smiling “I…” she never finished her sentence but it was obvious to both of them as to what she was going to say.
He had kissed her out of the moment and she had kissed back, they got mini frost bites on the skin which was exposed but none of that mattered.
They had each other – for the last time. They had each other.


He set down the photograph, looking at her laughing he could faintly remember how it would tinkle like a small bell.
He stared at the bed, frowning there was a crease in it. He went to flatten it out but he felt something under the covers, he lifted it up to reveal a letter.
It was addressed to no one so he flipped it open and began reading;

Draco; how do I say that I’m sorry enough for the way I’m leaving.
I’ll always wear the sapphire necklace – always.
Even if I’m not with you; don’t ever forget this.
I love you.
Emily.


It was short but it was enough to yet again start his waterworks, this time he didn’t want to force them back – he didn’t want to bottle them up and save them for a rainy day.
He fell to his knees and sobbed, cradling his face in his hands his body shook, his heart ached.
It was useless to think she was his, she wasn’t and she didn’t love him – not now.

Time tore that apart as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3
Thoughts?