Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Nine.

“When do you have to get back?” Draco looked up from the ground, staring at Emily who had a childish smirk on her face as she dangled her legs from the tree branch she was perched on. Emily pressed her lips together “not for a while – a friend is looking after raven from me, she insisted I needed a break.” Draco shrugged before grabbing the trunk and climbing up to sit next to her, “is she much like you?” Draco asked, Emily turned her head to face him his blue eyes filled full with curiosity. “Personality wise, sometimes she’s mostly like her father in look wise” Emily kept her mouth shut, staring at the leafy ground below her.

Draco had his wand out and was flying leaves around, Emily watched in amazement at the different colours. “Rave would enjoy this” the words slipped her lips before she could stop; Draco acted as if he didn’t hear her.
“What did that to you, all those months ago?” he forced himself to ask, pinching the bridge of his nose letting the leaves slowly fall to the ground below them.
Emily tensed up “it doesn’t matter – it’s in the past” she shot quickly, “please tell me” Draco pleaded, Emily sighed and twisted her hair around her finger “fine – but don’t get mad.” She whispered, Draco cocked up an eyebrow but nodded and stayed quiet – waiting.
“It was Roman… even though he did treat me well as a fiancé and father to raven; he was abusive. I would do something to make him fly off the handle and go psycho, it was my fault he was the way he is” Emily let her tears fall but quickly wiped them, Draco didn’t need to know the real truth behind her words.

Draco pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms around her waist “I’m sorry you had to put up with that for so long.” He whispered against the bundle of her hair which she had pulled into a messy pony tail. “You’re not mad?” she squeaked also wrapping her arms around him. “For something I had no control over? No. for you not telling me, yes. But I’m not mad at you – I’m mad at him, and if I ever cross paths with him – let’s just keep it at that” he whispered kissing the top of her head, she bit her lip and smiled into his chest.
“I’m still sorry” she whispered suddenly breaking the silence that had embraced them; He pushed her back so he could look into her beautiful blue eyes. “What for?” he asked curiously “leaving, not telling you, shouting at you…. A lot of things” she sighed casting her eyes downwards from his glance.

“What's the time?” Emily asked frowning at the slightly pink-y orange coloured sky “I would say about… 6ish” Emily’s eyes widened “I have to get home” she jumped from the branch, Draco went to grab her hand but she was too quick.
Luckily she landed on her feet “how do you do that?” Draco asked, suddenly at her side, she shrugged “practise” he laughed and hugged her before kissing her forehead.
“It’s been good to catch up with you Emily” he smiled, her face fell “you’re saying we wont be able to hang out, again?” she asked pressing her lips together, he shook his head “I’ll be working all the time, I wont have any time to do anything anymore” he explained “and you have Raven, I’m sure a kid is a lot to handle. We have different lives” Emily smiled at the memory of her using that last line, all those years go.
“we do, but owl me from time to time” it wasn’t a question it wasn’t even a statement it was a fact of truth “any spare time I get” he kissed her cheek as she hugged him tightly.
Before studying him over, how much time had changed them both before a loud crack was heard and she was gone.

Draco sighed before running a hand through his hair, he was still head over heels in-love with her and all she wanted was to be friends. His heart clenched tightly as his insides squeezed and his surroundings showed the house; he walked into the kitchen to find a note.
“Gone into London to stay with mum, will be back in a few days. Good luck on your first day, love you xx A.” he sighed and crumbled the note up that his fiancé wrote, why oh why, did he have to make such rash choices?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I'm working on this and another story atm.
:3

I sort-of like this one. :))