Granting a Thief's Wishes

The Unlucky Charm Bracelet

Shocking pink top, yellow 3/4 skirt, green scarf and a pair of sandals in a very weird shade of green. It almost looked brown, actually. Green-brown? Is that even possible?

I looked so horrible, I think I might go blind.

"You look wonderful!" Nicole Rivera exclaimed excitedly, clasping her hand together with an awe-struck expression etched on her face. "Very beautiful."

"You really think...so?" I said doubtfully, observing myself in the mirror. It was the worst outfit I had ever worn. When I turned around to face Nicole, the corner of her mouth was twitching slightly.

Oh. My. God.

"I can't believe you!" I hissed, storming back into the fitting room while Nicole laughed uncontrollably.

"I know, I'm sorry!" she cried from outside. "I can't resist it, you know."

Nicole always did that to me. In a way or another, she took advantage of my poor dressing skills. So whenever I needed new clothes, I asked for her opinion. She would drag me around the store and find the most frivolous, most ridiculous outfit ever. She was under the impression that I was so fashion-stupid that I wouldn't realize the horrible outfit she chose for me.

Which was not too far away from the truth, actually. But still.

Nicole and I had been close friends since we were 15. We were in the same class and she kept shooting me odd glances. By the end of the day, she marched up to me and introduced herself.

"I'm Nicole," she said, smiling. "And it's a crime for anyone to wear that bright of a yellow t-shirt with a weird...looking skirt," she said, tugging at my denim ankle-length skirt.

"Well, I..." I trailed off, looking towards the straight-forward girl with big green eyes and copper-red hair. "I don't really give much thought in this clothes stuff," I said. "I mean, as long as we got something to cover ourselves it's fine, right?"

She just stared at me as if I just told her that my aunt had decapitated herself.

Whatever, it was a start of a beautiful friendship. And I'd like to think that somehow being friends with her had improved my knowledge in fashion tremendously.

After pulling up my jeans and everything, I reached inside my pocket and took out my bracelet. I tend to take it off whenever I was trying something out, because the last time I had it on, it kind of ripped the sleeves of this mega-expensive jacket. And the store owner was being really persistent. Long story short, I ended up buying it.

For months after that I kept my tummy satisfied by eating bread. Only.

The bracelet though, was priceless. To be honest, I'd rather rip the jacket than damage the bracelet. It was white gold with tiny emeralds and a couple of charms hanging on it. Another reason the bracelet spent most of its' time in my pocket was because I was paranoid, thinking it would be stolen anytime.

I wore it that day because Nicole insisted it matched my top.

Yeah, well. From that day on I promised myself that even if the bracelet was perfect for an outfit, I would never want to wear it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh wow, this is...very short. Sorry about that. Ideas can't flow very well when you're stressed out and all, er...right? But whoever had read the story (and that's you, *gasps*), I hope that you've enjoyed it :D