Granting a Thief's Wishes

Missing

"I never see any of you guys around anymore," I said, suddenly realizing how exciting finding Ethan Carnahan was. We were sitting on the white wooden chairs side by side, two rows from the stage. I mean runway.

"Everyone's kind of conservative nowadays. Be it angels, fairy, witches or warlocks. We suddenly start to keep things amongst ourselves ever since people thinks we're just...myths."

But an angel. Come on.

"I've heard that a couple of vampires bought a warehouse just out of town and transformed it into a clubbing area," I said. "Humans are allowed to go in there, right?"

He shrugged. "As far as I know, it's kind of restricted to...erm, you know, our world," he said. "I've been there once. It's nice. A bit dark for my liking. I know they're supposed to be the living dead and all, but honestly. At least have some nice booze."

I snorted in laughter.

There was something awfully wrong about the entire picture. An Angel drinking beer in a club that was built by vampires. Next thing you know, he's dating a demon.

It was interesting. I never really wanted to stay in touch with my other life as a fairy. I didn't give a crap about my kind or any other kind. It was a world of mystery, and I didn't really enjoy having to take a dive into that kind of world. It'll only give me a headache. There were so many things that we didn't know. It was like the more new generations there were, our cultural knowledge just started to slowly disappear.

It was equivalent to the life we were living in. As the years progressed, not many teenagers gave a damn about Debussy or Liszt. Instead, they settled down for P. Diddy and Gwen Stefani.

Ooh, I should buy one of her new albums. So catchy.

"Susannah?"

I seriously, seriously need to stop spacing out.

"You look troubled," he said.

"No, I'm sorry. I spaced out. It's kind of an annoying habit."

"Everyone spaces out every now and then."

Yeah, but I spaced out most of the times. I smiled at him and the both of us jumped when suddenly the blue spotlights were switched on, illuminating the once dark room. At the same time, the first song blared out from the speakers, a tad too loudly.

Gosh, I hated sound systems with a passion.

I squirmed in my seat, squinting at the designs that some student made. You know, I could never understand runway fashion. But then again, I couldn't understand ordinary fashion either. As long as we were not running around naked, why did it matter what we wore?

Nicole was mad with Maddie, I could tell. But all in all, it was a successful night. Nicole tripped a little when they introduced the designers, but she handled it with a glorious smile. Ethan introduced me to a couple of his friends (one actually being a telepathic wizard who had a witch girlfriend that kept a rose sprite. So. Damn. Exciting).

By the end of the day, all I could think of was Nick again. And how at first I was dying to tell him about my new friends. My spirits deflated when I found out that I asked him to get out of my life.

Just then, I heard someone knocking the door. Throwing the the blanket away, I jumped to my feet and hurried to the door.

"Nick!" I said, flinging the door open.

But it wasn't him.

"Is he here?"

It wasn't Nick.

"Excuse me?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. It was Ryan and it was almost midnight. What the heck was he doing, looking like a lost puppy at our doorway?

"Nick was supposed to help me with my thesis," he said. Oh well, maybe he ran away because Nick wasn't really the one who would be up reading books about mythologies all night long.

"He promised me that he'd be there."

"So?" I asked, impatient. I wanted to get back munching on my butter cookies.

Ryan looked pretty impatient himself. "He's a man of his word, Samantha."

"Susannah."

"Whatever."

"Well he's not here," I said, starting to worry a bit. "Maybe he decided to take a walk around...somewhere."

"He'd leave a message."

Honestly!

"Look, I'm sorry but I don't know where he is. Good luck in finding him."

I closed the door and walked back to enjoy the rest of my cookies.

But when I sat back down on the couch, I felt uncomfortable, thinking of how worried Ryan looked. I could tell that Nick was a good friend, to tell you the truth. Even if he was a darn thief. Obviously Ryan knew him better too.

Nicholas couldn't just disappear. That was ridiculous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you think Susannah needs a new friend that could somehow understands her world? Introducing Ethan Carnahan. Aha.
Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting! Whee~! You guys are the bestest.