Granting a Thief's Wishes

Make Up Your Mind, Thief

The moment I fluttered my eyes open, I searched for Nick. But he wasn't the one who greeted me. It was Kylie and Laila. Laila was sitting on the edge of the slightly uncomfortable bed while Kylie was holding my hand, staring at my bare wrist.

And the one who explained everything to me wasn't Nick – as I hoped. I had to listen to his story from my baby sister's mouth. As the story got further, my head got a bit heavier so I politely asked the two of them to leave me be. Laila didn't even talk.

I rolled over to my side, gripping the pillow. My hair was tangled and sticking up in various angles. My bangs were covering my eyes. I brought my knees up to my chest and just lay there in the still silence. The light was bright and it was hurting my eyes. It wasn't even morning yet.

I was playing the conversation I had with Kylie over and over again in my head.

"Where did you know where I was?" I asked. My voice was hoarse and raspy.

"Nicholas Peterson told me."

He was making my head hurt. Nick got Kylie's number from Nicole, apparently (who was still in the hospital with Maddie but she didn't need to know about me…). And so, when the fire broke out he called Kylie. I gotta admit, the girl could fly over fast.

I told her to stop telling me about Nick because I was honestly confused. I thought he betrayed me.

Now I didn’t know what to think anymore.

And as far as I could tell, neither did Laila.

"Suze, can we talk?" A gentle voice rang in my ear. I felt warm fingers touched my cheek and sure enough, when the fingers played with the curls of my unruly hair, tucking a few locks behind my ear, I was gazing into those gray eyes once again. They were portraying sincerity.
"I'd love to."

I've got many questions for him and it looked as if he was ready to answer all of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta go! On a rush.
I'll post up the rest tonight!
Thanks for reading and the ever-so-awesome-comments! :)
xoxo