Granting a Thief's Wishes

The Thief's Wish

Fiona was captured (there was such a thing as a fairy jail) right when they finished explaining things to me (and right when Fiona shapeshift into a bird again and tried to flee the hospital. Her plans to escape failed when she thought the windows were open…but they weren't…).

Kylie came into the hospital room a few minutes later, hugging me like there was no tomorrow. Mom gave me a scolding afterward. And Laila…let's just say she was very thankful that she didn't lose two sisters in one night.

Everything after that went by like a blur.

And about my class that I didn't want to miss?

I was sitting on my usual spot in the lecture hall, scribbling down notes. I've got my miracle. As it turned out I was okay. They just gave me antibiotics and stuff for the wound on my arm. I told my friends that I fell while riding Nicholas' bike.

They believed it.

Not surprisingly, I couldn't keep my eyes open for my class.

Aha, I had a feeling that I was gonna fail my finals so miserably…

I needed another miracle, so it seems.

***

"So you called Kylie that time, huh?" I said, the autumn breeze playing with my hair as we walked around my school's campus, the gravel crunching under our feet. He shrugged casually.

"I couldn't call the fire department now could I? What the heck would they think once they saw weird creatures on the scene?"

I chuckled, bumping into him teasingly. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "You're something special, Susannah Bell."

"Ditto, Nicholas Peterson. You're so special even Laila likes you now. And that's saying something."

We walked in a comfortable silence before a thought ran into my head.

"So…what was your wish?" I said.

"What wish?"

"Don't play dumb!" I said, pointing an accusing finger towards him before poking his cheek. "Tell?"

He laughed, pushing my finger away. "It's kind of embarrassing."

"Oh god, I knew it. You're actually an engineering student at day and a stripper at night aren't you?"

"Suze."

"You want to be a thief forever and get away with it?"

"Suze."

I gave a mock gasp, widening my eyes and everything. "Oh no. Don't tell me. You have a secret fantasy of being gay and—"

"Susannah!" He said, laughing. We stopped and he placed both of his hands on my shoulders, making me face him.

"Yes?" I said, pleading him to tell me with my puppy dog eyes. My puppy dog eyes always worked. Even Nicholas couldn't resist it.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up against him, kissing me passionately. He broke the kiss and ran his fingers through my hair, his lips now close to my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "My wish is granted a while ago, Suze."

"Ooh, what was it?" I asked.

"It's in front of me now."

He said it with such warmth, such…love as he looked into my eyes that I couldn't help it but break in a happy smile. "Nick…" I trailed off, giving him a kiss on his lips. "You…you do realize that you have to deal with this rookie fairy, don't you?"

"This rookie fairy is awesome. She can roast a steak in a snap of a finger now," he said teasingly and I laughed. He linked my arm with his and I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked away from the campus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in a day. Wowzers. Haven't done that for a while.
So as the description suggests...the end :"( It's been really, REALLY fun writing this and I appreciate all of the comments from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for the support! You guys are really awesome. Remember that :')

P/S: There won't be a sequel. I'm sorry, I just think it's best to end it like this :">