Granting a Thief's Wishes

Liars Lie with Confidence

I got thrown out of Starbucks.

I couldn't believe it. I was a regular there. And they kicked me out!

"You toppled over the table and managed to break a mug and a couple of plates. I think you broke the table too..."

"What're you saying? That I'm fat?"

"I didn't say that," he told me innocently and I huffed. Nicholas' hands were shoved inside his pockets, where no doubt the bracelet was in.

Maybe I could 'seduce' him and as soon as he unzip that pants of his, I'll snatch it and run away. The worst thing that could happen? Okay, maybe he was some kind of an insanely good athlete and he could catch me before I could even snatch his pants.

Or maybe he was a boxer or something and would punch me before I could even reach the door. Oh, crap. Come to think of it he had superb arms and even more fab shoulders. I had a sudden thought of touching them.

I blushed, feeling like a pervert all of a sudden.

"Hey, what do you do? Are you still a student or...?"

"Yeah. Chemical Engineering. Why ask?"

I successfully restrained myself from looking too surprised. I was so proud of myself.

"Just asking," I said. A thief taking chem engineering. I didn't know why, but it was almost funny. We were walking down the pavement, passing rows and rows of quaint shops and boutiques. "What about you?" Nicholas asked.

"I took Law for a couple of months then moved on to Digital Media."

He smirked. I just had to tell him that didn't I?

"You quit. After just a couple of months?" he said smugly.

"Yes, I quit," I snapped irritatedly. "Why am I talking to you anyway? Ugh. Will you give back my bracelet already?"

"Nope," he said. Then he stopped walking, turning around to face me. "Like I said, I brought this home yesterday by accident."

"So? You want for my forgiveness? Alrighty then, I forgive you."

"Wouldn't even dream about it," he said, chuckling. "You see, I have a friend who's a year older than me. A housemate. He knows all these crap about mythologies. Bullshit, basically."

I stopped listening after he said 'mythologies'.

"I have to go somewhere," I said, turning around to leave but he grabbed my wrist, yanking me backwards and into his arms.

Wait, that sounded wrong.

"Interesting fact about this bracelet, so I've heard. This friend of mine was so amazed that he insisted to pay the rent all by himself for the next year."

"Impossible. It's just a bracelet, given by my grandmother."

Not that I even want the witch as my grandmother but who cares, I needed to get out of this as quickly as possible. I shall just forget about the bracelet. Forget. Forgeeeeet.

"Why are you avoiding my eye?"

"Because...I'm afraid that my eyes might burn when I see a thief. It's a sin."

"Since when?"

"SINCE I DON'T KNOW!" I screamed.

Then I realized my mistake, a tad too late. Liars lie with confidence. They'll stare people dead in the eye, and they tell lies as if it really happened. Me? I just screamed.

"Oh, then...why hello there fairy."
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter again. Sorry about that, and if it's not really that good (maybe I'll edit it around a bit. Just maybe. I'll work on the next chapter tomorrow (TGIF~!). Hope you've enjoyed this one and thanks so much for the wonderful comments :)