Granting a Thief's Wishes

Meeting the Sisters

I hugged my legs. Nicole had a class and Maddie was probably still snoring in her bedroom. "You're holding my bracelet hostage," I said slowly, deep in thought. Nicholas was sitting on a sofa across from me, looking all mighty and confident as if he was a Greek god there.

Ugh, it frustrates me.

"For now," he said.

My head was starting to hurt from all that thinking. "Nick," I said finally. "I'm sure you're very, very confused right now," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "But you have to understand that I'm not what you think I am."

"Oh god, what do you mean? That you're actually straight?"

I clamped my lips shut and threw a magazine that was resting on the spot next to me towards him. He laughed. "I bet you wanted to do that the moment you saw me earlier," he said, smirking. That smirk was getting irritating actually.

"Oh shut up. I meant what your friend said, any of it that isn't true."

"I know," he said after a pause. His brows furrowed slightly. "You're a weird one, aren't you? That's why you have this bracelet in the first place."

I gawked. How did he knew all of this? How did his friend knew all of this? Damn it, I should've bought one of those books about mythologies. And I knew I would probably regret what I did next, but I just had to know. I just had to.

"What do you know about the weird ones?"

He shrugged. "Nothing. I'm not the one engrossed in bullsh-- myths."

"Hm," I said, grinning slightly. "Superstitious, huh?"

"I believe in Science, Susannah. Not fairies."

"What're you thinking right now?" I asked, leaning back and stretching. He grimaced.

"Just wondering if you somehow know that friend of mine and you two are 'teaching me a lesson'," he said, rolling his eyes and folding his arms. "I swear that guy has been lecturing me on this stealing shit since forever. Like fuck do I care."

I got up.

"Let me show you something."

"What?" Nicholas asked, looking around surreptitiously as if I had a ghoul as a pet and it'll eat him alive.

Eh, you know what, it wasn't that bad of an idea, was it?

I walked to the door and opened it, leaning against the door-frame whilst looking at him questioningly. "Well, aren't you coming?"

"Where?" he asked, getting impatient but he got up nonetheless.

"To see my sisters."

This was a bad idea. A bad idea. Stupid Nicholas. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I told him that we should take a cab since it was at least a 2 hours drive especially when there was traffic. But he claimed that we could surpass the traffic a bit if we took his bike. So we went to the garage where he had his bike repaired...and the rest, you could imagine.

I didn't give a damn about the traffic. I seriously didn't. Because apparently Nicholas was trying to kill us both. "Can you slow down for god's sake?!" I yelled, but my voice was muffled by the roaring engine and by the sheer speed we're going at.

I daren't look at the speedometer.

This was crazy. I suspected something fishy the minute he told me, "I just wish that I won't get a ticket this time. I think the traffic officer is getting sick of seeing my face by now."

"What do you mean?" I asked naively. But he just patted on the seat and stared up with me with a pair of innocent eyes. "This will be fun, trust me."

We were so totally gonna get fined.

But despite myself, despite the thought of being in a coffin by tomorrow, this was totally...exciting. Thrilling.

I made a mental note to visit roller coasters next time I'm in Six Flags. I didn't know why I was ever scared to ride one. This was actually fun. A bit.

Okay, loads. But Nicholas didn't need to know that.