Escaping Oglesvy

the next morning

The next morning I woke up and saw everyone else eating in the middle bit, our makeshift living room. Wintery sunlight shone into our tent, I crawled out to join them. Quintin and Kirk were both eating out of a cornflakes box they had added milk to, Wilhelmina and Ignacia had packets of crisps in their hands.
"We're leaving" Quintin told me finding it difficult to focus with bleary eyes. He picked up his glasses from off the table.
"We've been here a while now" added Kirk.
"Yeah, its just safer that way."I didn't bother complaining, noone would bother to listen.
"okay."I went and made a cup of coffee, Wilhelmina joined me. She shoved a hat on top of my messy hair.
"We're gonna be hitchiking you know"
"Is that going to work?"
"No..., Quintins idea"
"Oh right"
"Yeah" Will walked back inside holding her cup. I stood up again and followed, i sat down opposite her. Will was tall with brown hair and dark blue eyes. We had all been together at the school, in the same year that is,there hadn't been a lot of us and we were all in our fifth year. It wasn't your ordinary kind of school Oglesvy.We boarded there but didnt pay. It was a school for left-overs. Disturbed people, some locals and people whos parents didnt want them at home that was Will and her brothers Norman and Torrence. The Jamesons were relatively well off, they could of comfterably let her board at a private school but they feared it would be of benefit to her. They were strange to say the least.
Ignacia was a similar story. She was looked after by her grandparents her parents didnt want to see her for some reason, she and Vincent her brother had been sent to Oglesvy. Vincent was nine years older than Ignacia and had first hand experience of the school, he made it out alive! I looked up at Quintin finally feeling awake enough to speak to somebody.
"So, where are we going then?"
"West coast, i recon theres some holiday homes around there" he paused "if we can actually get there obviously."