Status: Can't believe it's over! Stay in tune for the "Christmas (but it's not Christmas) Special" xD and the sequel! :D

Fake Girlfriend

First Name

The next day, I sat on the curb right by the parking lot. I tapped my foot impatiently, and after awhile, I rested my head in my knees and yawned. Why the hell was he? At this rate, I was going to be late for school. I shouldn’t have taken that ride…

I wasn’t paying attention when Cole’s truck pulled up near me. I only looked up when I heard a car door slam. Cole was strolling over towards me casually. He chuckled. “I wasn’t that long was I?”

I just glared and stood up, walking past him towards his truck. “Let’s just go. We’re going to be late.”

“So?”

I shot him a look that could kill.

He put his hands up with a chuckle, and walked up to the truck, sliding inside. I got in as well, crossing my arms and leaning back in my seat.

Cole started the car and we pulled out of the parking lot. “I swear,” I said. “If we don’t get to school on time, I will literally kill you.”

He laughed. “Somebody’s serious about their tardy record.”

I narrowed my eyes, leaning over closer to him. “Is that a problem?”

“No. Not really.”

Suddenly, I smelled something. My noses squinched up, and I scooted away. Cole gave me a look. “You smoked this morning, didn’t you?”

He shrugged.

“That’s really bad.”

He shrugged again, and I rolled my eyes.

We drove most of the way in silence, before Cole looked at me. “Oh right, I almost forgot.” He smirked. “Our first date is today, huh?”

My eyes went wide. “How did you find out about that?” I asked.

“I was texting John,” he answered.

I frowned. “Since when are you friends with John.”

“Since I starting going out with his girlfriends best friend. Duh.” He started to laugh.

I didn’t bother myself with thinking about when (and how) Cole became buddies with John. At this point, I figured that if I bothered myself with every little thing about Cole and my situation, my head would explode.

“I really don’t want to go on a date with you,” I said, just to be clear.

“That’s very un-girlfriend-like of you.”

“Me? Un-girlfriend-like?” I murmured sarcastically. “Imagine that.”

He was laughing as we pulled into the school parking lot. He didn’t even seem to care that I hated him. It didn’t faze him at all. With that attitude of his, he was probably use to it. He gave me his infamous smirk as he said, “But you are planning to go, right?”

“I suppose I don’t have a choice, do I?”

“Good call.”

As soon as he parked the car, I flung the door open and headed up to the school. Cole, hands in pockets, right on my heels, laughing to himself. I just tried to ignore him, because so long as we were here at school, I was Cole’s girlfriend. No one knew the truth, and it needed to stay that way. I walked all the way to my locker, and he was still right behind me. I turned to face him and gave him a small glare, before opening my locker.

“Don’t you have to get ready for class?” I asked, not looking at him.

He patted his bag, slung over his shoulder. “I got what I need.”

I didn’t see the point in asking him why he was prepared ahead of time for 1st period. He didn’t seem the type of guy who ever thought of things ahead of time, but I was beginning to take back that impression. I thought about it for a second and narrowed my eyes.

“You just want to follow me around.”

He smirked. “Is it wrong that your boyfriend wants to be around his ray of sunshine?”

I shut my locker. “Okay, now you’re just trying to make me gag.”

“Harsh.”

I was about to retort to his sarcasm with Delilah came skipping up. “Hey Jade!” she said. The grin she wore faltered slightly when she looked at Cole. “Hey Cole,” she said, less enthusiastic.

He snickered. “Alright. I know when I’m not wanted.” He touched my shoulder as he walked away. “See ya, Thisbe.”

When he was gone, Delilah’s nose wrinkled. “Why does he call you Thisbe? Don’t you hate that name?”

I tried to smile, and shrugged. “I’m not sure, but I don’t mind it too much.” And that wasn’t a lie. For some reason, I didn’t mind when Cole called me by my first name. It was the only thing that didn’t bother me about Cole. In fact, I didn’t even notice it, and that was what bothered me. I didn’t let anyone call me Thisbe—not even Delilah, my best friend.

“So,” I said, eager to change the conversation, “where’s John?”

Delilah frowned and shrugged. “I saw him earlier, but he went off.”

“I hear he’s friends with Cole all of a sudden.”

She laughed. “No offense to your boyfriend, but how did that happen?”

I joined the laughing. “Beats me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Zoo date starts next chapter! I luv my subscribers! <3

Comments make me happy! ^^