Status: Done :)))))

Unexpected Love

Chapter 7

We were in a dingy motel somewhere in Illinois. The place smelled really bad, but I could live with it. I was handcuffed to the headboard while Alex went to get some food. The only time we talked was when he asked me what I wanted. We haven't talked besides that.

Alex tried to strike up a conversation every once in a while, but I wouldn't talk to him. He hasn't tried anything for a while now so I assumed he was done trying to get me to talk. The service here must be really sucky because the dude at the front desk didn't say anything to us, even though I was on TV. I was really hoping someone would notice me, but ever since that news report, I'm guessing we're not going to be staying in anymore fancy hotels.

It was so cold in here. I looked up at the ceiling. What am I going to do? Every time I try to get away, he goes completely psycho. I heard the door squeak open. 

Knowing that it was Alex I closed my eyes. Swallowing hard, I took deep breaths trying not to shiver. I felt a warm hand on my neck and I gasped, my eyes shooting open. my eyes filled with tears, afraid of what he was going to do. Alex leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

I let out a shaky breath. Alex took the handcuffs off of me and I sat up. I walked over to the bag of McDonald's and got out my salad and water bottle. Alex went over and got his food. We sat there and ate in silence.

After I finished eating I took out pajama pants and went into the bathroom to change into them. When I got in there I looked into the mirror. I had light, finger shaped bruises on my neck. Shaking my head I changed into the pants and walked out. I tossed my shorts into my duffel bag and took out a green, pullover hoodie, putting it on.

I walked over to the bed and sat as far as possible from Alex. He cleared his throat, but I didn't look at him. Instead I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my chin on top of them. He cleared his throat again. This time louder, but I still didn't look at him.

"Damn it December! Look at me!" he yelled. I jumped, not expecting his outburst. I still didn't look at him, or talk for that matter. He grabbed my shoulders and turns me to face him, but I just looked down. He grabbed my chin, tilting it upwards, only to have me close my eyes.

He sighed. Within a matter of seconds his lips were on mine. My eyes shot open and I pushed him away. I crawled off the bed and went over to a corner. I sat there with my knees up to my chest, my arms around them, and my face buried in them.

Tears slowly began to slip down my cheeks. I began to shake. I was crying, but no sounds came out of my mouth. I felt like I was screaming as loud as I could. Except my mouth wasn't open.

I was cold. I was sad. I was scared. I felt like shit. On top of all that, I was sharing a room at some disgusting motel with and abusive kidnapper.

I wrapped my arms tighter around myself. A soft whimper escaped my lips. I just want to fucking go home. That doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Alex came over and sat down next to me. I shrank away from him. He gently unwrapped my arms and brought down my knees. He then slowly proceeded to move me onto his lap. Alex wrapped his arms around me.

I felt strangely comforted my this. What the fuck is going on with me? This isn't right. How is he doing this to me? He can scare the living shit out of me, but then he can also make me feel so safe, like nothing is ever going to hurt me.

I curled into him, nonetheless. He rubbed circles into my back while placing a soft kiss on my head. He continued to do that until I finally stopped crying. I wiped my tears away, pushing myself away from him. I heard him sigh again.

"When are you going to talk to me? The silence is killing me", he said. Good, he deserves to suffer. I walked over to the bed getting under the covers. I snuggled into them, trying to warm up. Even in pajama pants and a big hoodie I was freezing. 

Alex came up and got into bed with me. He came in closer,  turning me around to face him. He looked into my eyes for a while. After about, what I'm sure was 10 minutes, he pulled me close to him. I was considering pushing him away, but the warmth I felt was just so comforting.

Alex began to softly sing to me. I didn't recognize the song, It was very good, especially with his voice. I slowly began to drift off. Pretty soon I found myself slipping out of consciousness and into a world of dreams.

*•*•*•*

I woke up to find that I was pressed up against Alex. I was holding onto him for dear life. He had his arms around me. I tried to move, but his entire body was practically on top of me. I tried to push him off, but that was completely hopeless.

I gave up, deciding to make the most of it. I snuggled into him. He stirred above me. I looked up at him and his eyes were open. He smiled down at me.

I pushed him off of me and sat up. I looked over at Alex. He sat up and looked at his watch. I continued to look at him like a clueless child.

"Get up. We're leaving", he said. I got up. I wasn't about to start to talking to him now. I grabbed my duffel bag, slipping on my shoes and we walked out of the motel room. We made our way to the lobby, checking out and going to Alex's car. Right as we pulled out, a cop car came in. Shit, how do they know where to look? I should have gone to the bathroom or something. Dammit.

Alex sped off, as fast as he could without speeding. We got away. Well, more like he got away. Alex kept driving and went onto the intersection. One of the green signs said, 'Now leaving Springfield, Illinois'.

That's where we were. I sat back in my seat looking out the window. I watched as I saw cars and trees pass by. I looked up at the sky and it was a dull gray. It slowly started pouring rain.

My favorite kind of weather. I smiled slightly, reaching over to turn on the radio, and went back to looking at the rain. Apologize by One Republic came on. I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head against the window. I really loved this song, it made me feel a little bit better.

It kind of related to my situation. Alex kept on telling me he wouldn't hurt me, but then he goes and does it. Then he apologizes, but that didn't mean anything. I looked over at Alex. He looked sad.

Great. He should be sad. After all he's done to me. I looked back at the rain and sighed. The song filled the empty silence between us, saying what we've been wanting to tell each other, but not having the guts to do so.

As the song finished, it left an awkward tension between us. I shifted uncomfortably. we sat there waiting for the next song to come one. It was No One Can Touch Us by Sing It Loud.

Alex drummed his hands on the steering wheel, bobbing his head up and down to the song. I've only heard it once. It was time for the bridge. I looked over a Alex. He looked like he was about to sing.

"We're getting higher every time that we love. A little closer to the things we fall back on. If you come over, then together willing we'll take over the world!" he sang. Oh my god. He sounded exactly like the dude singing that part. I stared at him wide-eyed. I slowly sat up and turned off the radio. I can't believe I was doing this.

"Th-that was you. Why was that you? Why are you on the radio. Why were you singing with Sing It Loud?" I threw question after question at him. He chuckled.

"Now you talk to me", he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Answer the question", I growled.

"I'm in a band called All Time Low. We're pretty big", he replied.

"Wait.... if you're pretty big... th-then wouldn't someone recognize you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Probably, but the thing is that we aren't that big. Only in the alternative scene, so we should be good", he said. Great. I rolled my eyes and fell back in my seat. I turned the radio back and Sometimes by A Rocket To The Moon came on.

I sighed and looked back out the window. I saw a couple of birds fly by. I envied them. They were free, being able to go back home. Me on the other hand was being held hostage by Alex Gaskarth.

I shook my head. Look at me. I'm jealous of birds. I'm loosing my mind. I looked over at Alex.

He was singing softly along to the radio. I smiled slightly. He had an amazing voice. I loved it. It calmed me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah I got 4 comments
but I updated anyway
because I love this story
and it killed me not to update
so yeah how do you like the new layout?
tell me if you like this o e or the other one
pleeeeeeaaaase
I'm desperate for comments
I mean I have 25 subscribers
some of them comment but not all
come on please!!!!

Peace ;)