Status: Active

Blood Streaked Moon

The Great Escape

Keep running, Janella! They’re right behind us! Seline ordered, her body aching as she panted.

The girls had been running for at least a week and a few days; only taking a few moments to rest when they knew they were in the clear. They were tired and worn with disheveled fur, but with each step they went farther and farther west, toward the other side of the United States.

I can’t Seline, I feel like I’m going to pass out. Janella panted harder, her paws shaking under her weight as they ran.

Suddenly the two female wolves were surrounded on all sides. Their hearts jumped as they lurched. How were they going to get out of this? There was no way they could take on all seven of them, especially with their intense fatigue.
The looks on the leech's faces showed their satisfaction.

“Aww, look Thompson, nasty little wolves.” Penelope, one of the female vampires hissed. They kept circling the girls, bringing the circle in slowly.

Seline let out a warning growl, glaring at the vampires in front of her while Janella was turned the other way to watch her back and vice versa. Don’t let your guard down. They will take any opening they can get.

Janella silently agreed and stared hard at the three vampires in her sight.

“We have been looking for you two for days.” Gabriel, the leader of the coven, smirked. “Now that we found you, you might as well give up.” His voice was smooth and alluring to the ears of humans but to a shifter, it was like poison or nails on a chalk board; it was an ugly sound to them and the smell wasn’t too pleasant either, it was like being caught in a gas chamber full of sweet perfumes mixed with tainted air.

Seline snarled shaking her head in a quick motion as her lips pulled up of her teeth. Suddenly a noise was heard in the woods; it was like a crack and smash all in one noise. The coven was distracted and Seline took her chance. Make a break for it! She commanded and darted out between two of the distracted vampires with Janella following close at her flank. Keep running Janella! Don’t stop for anything!

Got it boss. Janella joked slightly, pushing herself faster to keep up beside Seline. No matter what the situation Janella always seemed to be able to make some type of joke but she also knew how to be serious.

There was a loud commotion behind the girls which made them push themselves even harder to get away. They were determined not to get caught and as long as Seline felt that hope, she would keep running west.

After about 14 hours, the girls had lost the large coven that had been tailing them. The girls took the moment of calmness to go to a river; they drank for a while before pricking their ears at the sounds of civilization; by now they had managed to travel all the way west to Seattle, Washington.

We’re close to a major city. Janella noted, lapping up the water to get rid of her dehydration.

We have to stay at the outskirts and go around. People would undoubtedly freak out if they saw wolves as huge as us. Seline told her before inclining her head one way. Come on, the sooner we get past here the better. Seline and Janella followed the river for a while and rolled in it so there scent would be clouded before once again running, going past Seattle and Port Angeles. It wasn’t too long until they caught the scent of other wolves.

Seline, Janella started. Another pack.

Yes, I smell them. Let’s keep going, it is best not to hang around. She answered, trotting toward the scent of the other pack.

The scent took the girls to a small reservation called La Push. They were drawn to a beach known as First Beach; it was a very open beach and since today was a nice day, the sun was out and some people were in the water. The girls kept toward the edge of the woods, still following the scent and noticed it came from some huge boys men on the beach. They reminded the girls of the males from their pack; from their dark russet skin to their largely built up bodies, not to mention their shirtless nature.

Suddenly, a football began flying towards Seline and Janella's hiding place. It landed practically right next to Seline. A man, by the name of Paul, ran over to look for the football. Both Seline and Janella ran deeper into the forest in order that Paul wouldn't see either of them.

"Nice aim Quil! You should definitely be a professional football player later on in life!" Paul called out to Quil, jokingly. Quil rolled his eyes at Paul's remark.

Paul's POV

Once I finally found the football, I sensed something in the forest. It smelled like me, like the guys.. Like more shape-shifters. But this scent was different. Something I've never smelled before. It was a different scent from any of the Quileute tribal members, but I couldn't decide if it was a shape-shifters scent or some other creature. Nevertheless, this scent confused me. I grabbed the football and walked back to the guys with a baffled expression.

What the hell is that scent?

"Paul; dude, are you okay?" Seth Clearwater asked me. He sensed that I was puzzled with something.

I shook my head, "C'mon guys. Let's go back to Sam and Emily's house. I gotta tell Sam something."

"But we're in the middle of a game!" Brady whined.

I glared at him, clenching my jaw, "I need to talk to Sam. It's much more important than a football game, Brady." Brady lowered his head and said nothing more.

We all ran towards the house.

Janella's POV

Phew, I thought, that was so close.

Yeah it was.. C'mon Janella, let's go follow them. Seline told me through her thoughts.

I stared at her with disbelief, What?! Follow them?! With all due respect Seline, but are you CRAZY?!

Seline growled at me, I don't appreciate being called crazy Janella. They might help us with this vampire issue. This is our only hope. There isn't a pack nearby besides this one. You have to trust me on this decision.

I do trust you... But I'm just nervous. What if they don't help us? We're just bringing trouble to their pack. You don't know them, and yet you think they're going to help us just like that? I can't handle it if they don't help us. They might say no to protect their people from the vampires. I whimpered. I was scared. I knew Seline was right. We need help; two shape-shifters against seven vampires? It's not a brain teaser that we would lose.

Janella; just listen to me okay?! Seline said firmly as she began running through the thick forest to follow the wolf-men.

I sighed, preparing for the worst, and followed her.

We both saw the men enter this quaint little house. It was amazing that a tiny little house such as this one could hold seven wolf-men. They all barged into the house without ringing the doorbell or knocking.

Nice manners. I thought sarcastically.

Shush Janella. Seline thought, although I saw the corners of her mouth turn into a wolf-smile.

"SAM!" I heard a man yell once he entered the house.

Seline and I waited in the thick vegetation, in silence, before she finally thought something, Janella. Phase back into a human.

WHAT?! Seline! But— I began.

JANELLA. Follow my orders! Seline hissed at me.

I nodded my head miserably, but still, I obediently hid behind a tree. Thankfully, before we left, we tied our clothes to our ankles. I shook them off of my ankles and phased into a human. I changed into my undergarments, shorts, and a tank top. My clothes were ratty, but still wearable, from all the dirt, mud, and who-knows-what we stepped on during our incredibly long journey. I stretched out. It had been a while since I've been a human, so I was pretty stiff from being on all fours the entire time.

"Janella." Seline called out. It was very different from just hearing her through my mind.

I came out from behind the tree, "Yes Seline?" My voice was cracking, since I haven't talked in a while, so I cleared my throat.

"Let's go." Seline commanded in her Alpha-voice. I followed her lead as she walked towards the house and knocked on the door.

A woman, about 5'9, opened the door. Half of her face was covered in scars, probably from a gruesome animal attack. Maybe even a wolf-attack. She looked at us confused, but smiled a welcoming grin. Because of the scars, they twisted half of her gorgeous smile into a frown. Nevertheless, I could tell that she was still a beautiful lady that had a good soul.

"Hello. Can I help you?" The woman said cautiously. Seline and I both smiled at her. She probably thinks we're asking for money or food, because by the looks of our ratty clothes and unkempt hair we looked like homeless people.

"Hi. May I please speak to the Alpha?" Seline asks firmly.

The woman looks shocked at first, but slowly nods her head and goes inside. She returns back with a man, probably a few about 2 or 3 inches taller than Seline and I. He has the demeanor of an Alpha and of course the body of a wolf-man.

I gulped, my heart beating rapidly. I was scared out of my wits of what might happen. I noticed Seline staring at Sam. She was inspecting him; if he truly was trustworthy.

"I must speak with you about something of great importance." Seline declared.

The man looks at Seline puzzled, but nods his head. "Go ahead." He said.

"I am Seline Reyes, Alpha of the Mohingan pack. This is Janella Rafael, my close friend who is also from the Mohingan tribe. Our reservation was ambushed by a coven of filthy bloodsuckers. We think, and we are pretty sure, that we're the only survivors." Seline said. I stared at her in disbelief. How could she tell this stranger about our uttermost secret?!

He nodded slowly, like he was telling us he understood what she said.

"It's my fault," Seline began saying bitterly, "I wasn't there to protect my tribe. It's my fault; my entire fault."

I shook my head vigorously, "You can't blame yourself Seline. You're an incredible Alpha. You've protected me from the vampires who have been chasing us. And you did protect our tribe. It's not, and never will be, your fault about what had happened."

"She's correct you know. You must not disregard yourself, Seline." The man said, agreeing with me.

The man took a while before he finally replied to us, "I am Samuel Uley, but please call me Sam. I'm the Alpha of the Quileute tribe. If it is okay with you, I'd like to discuss this circumstance with the elders of our tribe and the entire tribe itself."

Seline nodded her head, not even looking at me for view on this idea, "I agree with that."

Sam gave us a smile, "This is my fiancée Emily. Em, would you give the girls some clothes to change into please?"

The woman with the half-scarred face smiled at us and said, "Okay. Come follow me upstairs."

Seline and I went inside the house and ran upstairs, following the lead of Emily.

Sam's POV

I ran what had just happened through my head. These two girls escaped all the way here from the Mohingan reservation, with vampires after them. They're the only survivors that they know of. I blinked, still trying to absorb all of this. I went inside shortly after Emily brought Seline and Janella upstairs. The guys immediately began badgering me with questions.

"Who just came inside?" Paul asked me.

Seth gasped, "They smell a lot like shape-shifters. Are they like us?!"

"Why are they here?" Collin asked.

"All of you, quiet! I'll explain everything later. But please tell everyone in the tribe to meet us at First Beach for a last-minute bonfire. It's inevitably important." I commanded all of them.

"But you still didn't answer any of our questions!" Brady whined.

"Brady, didn't you hear what I just said?! I'll explain everything later! But for now just spread the news!" I repeated, exasperated.

All of the guys left listening to my command.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit;; The Great Escape By Boys Like Girls

Hey everyone! It's me again. Well, you got two chapters now because I was a week late on posting the first chapter and it was time for another by now on quizilla too. :]
We're REALLY on a roll with the writing. We've been on a writing frenzy haha! But we have a habit of making long chapters. Which is good for you and us but at the same time, we should probably space it out a little. Haha! Oh well!
Well, we hope you enjoy reading this as much as we did writing it!
Comments, Messages, Feedback, Encouragement = Love <3 Please, we need all the encouragement and help that we can get. One of these days we're gonna hit a dead end on ideas and we'll need YOU to help. :]

Thanks everyone!

Love you all,
--Alyssa <3