Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

Millennium Park

After Jon gracefully rejected Kaner’s offer on a double date today, Jon kidnapped me. I was lost for a bit. It was a chilly November day and yet no snow. Thank God. I took a peek at my view. Jon was definitely in the downtown area. I turned to see the crashing waves of Lake Michigan as well as the sandy beaches. “Why won’t you tell me where we’re going?” I said shifting in my seat towards Jon. “Then that ruins my surprise Stell.” he chuckled and smile. That smile is what attracted me to him when we first met. The million dollar smile melts every teen girl in Chicago hearts. I leaned back into the seat. “Honestly Jon. Keep up with that smile or you’ll just turn me into a puddle.” At the red light he turned his head towards me and flashed the goofiest smile you’ll ever get out of the captain. I covered my mouth and started to laugh. I laughed so hard that tears were coming out my eyes. “Don’t ever do that again.” I said wiping the wetness out of my eyes. “Why is that?” he asked raising one eyebrow. “Just keep on driving Captain Serious.”

Jon parked the car in the side of the road. “So what do you want to do today?” I unbuckled my seat belt and gave him a ‘Are you serious?’ look. He shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry. I just didn’t want to hang out with Kaner today. All he ever talked about was Gwen. He says he’s thinking about keeping her but I totally doubt that.”

“Jon. You should have seen the BBH’s faces when they found out that she was Kaner’s girl. Especially with his history of girlfriends. I just don’t want her getting hurt. She’s my best friend. Plus this is Patrick Kane where talking about. Unless he some how matured over the summer.”

“Have you been talking to his sisters?” Jon asked me. I nervously chuckled. He stared at me. “What? We have a lot in common. Plus they’re awesome to hang out with. Remember the time you guys ditched us. That’s how we bonded.” “Whatever you say Stell. Whatever you say.” he said opening the car door to get out. I opened the door to get out. “So what are we doing here exactly?” I asked. “How about a stroll through the park?” He asked sweetly smiling. “If I say yes will you stop making my knees weak.” He laughed. “Sure why not.”
We ended up walking through Millennium Park. Occasionally we would stop at different Chicago landmark and end up taking pictures. Plus this was Chicago, Jonathan was the Blackhawks captain that brought our ’misery’ team out from under the covers to get the Stanley Cup back to Chicago. I wouldn’t get annoyed if fans asked for autographs or pictures. It was true nature. Jonathan was a celebrity in Chicago and Chicago was filled with Blackhawks fans everywhere you turn. “Thanks. That really means a lot.” said one Hawks fan to Jon after Jon took a picture with his son. “Oh no problem. Hawks fans are the best.” Jon told the guy. Soon they left. After seeing Jon interact with that kid it got me wondering.

“Jonny?” I asked as we started walking again.

“Yea babe.” he said fixing his coat.

“Have you ever thought about having kids one day?” I was suddenly curious. After the many years Jon and I have dated, the subject was never brought up.

“Of course but,” he took my hands. “Only when we’re ready.” I smiled. “Why?” he slipped his hand around my waist. “Oh its nothing. It just that I love how you interact with children. Its like second nature to you or something. It like the Jon you don’t normally see on or off the ice.”
We got back to our condo and I immediately walked straight to the kitchen to cook our last dinner together before the Hawks go on their Circus trip. Jon sat in the living room watching other games for evaluation. Once dinner was ready I set the table. Jon and I shared a few laughs and memories. Tonight was the last night with Jon.

The buzzer started ringing. I heard Jon shift in his side of the bed to turn off the annoying sound that filled the bedroom. I stretched and got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. It took me a good 20 minutes that day to get ready. When I walked back to the bedroom I looked up to see Jon still in bed. I laughed to myself. I walked to his side of the bed and looked down at him. “Jon. JON. Jon. Wake up.” I said poking at his shoulder. He turn to the other side. “JON! I’m leaving. Crosby is here to pick me up to have a heated make out sess.” I said facing to head out the door. Jon jumped out of bed and look around cautiously. He realized that I was kidding. “Stell. Not cool.” I kissed his cheek. “I’m sorry. I needed you to get out of bed or you’ll be late for your flight.

Jon left for the annual circus trip that day. Not even a half day at work and I felt sick to my stomach. “Beth I think I might head out early. I’m not feeling good.” as I said those words I headed towards the bathroom. Unsure of what was going on I had a pretty good picture of what it could be. The only way to find was risky.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this one's a bit fillerish. Came up with it this morning and just stopped writing. But thanks so much for the seven star rating.

Comments?
Rate?
Subscribe?