Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

Pre. Wedding. Ceremony

I figured that this whole wedding dress shopping might take a while. As I entered the store with Gwen, Abby, Elina, Lauren, Dayana, and Carmen. I felt like I was in heaven looking at all of these beautiful gowns. "Stella my darling, we're here." said Carmen who married Troy Brouwer two years ago. I remember looking at my mom's wedding pictures, God did she look beautiful. Now it's my turn. There were weddings constantly in my family and I always got to lend a hand, which meant helping the Bride pick her gown. We entered further into the store and there was someone already waiting for us. I decided to arrange an appointment so nothing goofy goes on. "Ah, I suppose your Miss Stella Raymond." The shop owner said. I looked at her name tag saying 'Annie'. "Yes. That’s me." I said. "Well welcome to Mira Couture . We are glad that you chose Mira for your wedding gown." "It's my pleasure." I said. "Well then follow me ladies and we'll get some suggestions for your gown." We followed Annie to a room filled with many beautiful gowns, a place for the BBH to sit, dressing room and a mirror. Boy is this going to be a long day. Annie had asked me what preferences I already came up with about the gown. When I walked into one of the dressing rooms Annie had brought a dress in. I stood there in awe. This was definitely the dress I had always wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

July came around at it was time for the big day. "STELLA!!! YOUR GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!" Gwen screamed into my room that morning. I groaned and put the pillow over my head. "Oh STELLA! GET YOU BUTT OUT OF BED!!!!" she continued. I turned over still covering my ear with the pillow. "Gwen, get down." I heard my mother say. "Stella, darling you have to get up. Jonathan is going to be waiting for you down that aisle. " My mom said sitting at the edge of my bed. I turned around to see her and Gwen smiling at me. I glanced at the clock. "Really guys it's only 7:30 a.m." I groaned. "Stella, wedding preparations take a long time and you don't want to be late letting Jonathan think that you standing him up." I mom continued. I knew she was right, she's always right. I got up lazily out of bed and threw on Jon's old UND sweater and walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jon!" I heard the voice of my brother through the pillows over my head. "David! Shut up!" I managed to yell. "Mom says get up!" his voice got closer . My room door opened. "Jon, seriously, if you don't want to marry Stella then I'll go call her." I jolted out of bed and pushed David out of my room causing him to fall on the floor in the hallway. "Jonathan!!" I heard my mom say. I put my head outside the door frame. I saw my mom. "Jonathan, don't hurt your brother." I huffed and when back into my room to change. I walked into my closet to see the tux looking so elegant that I smiled ear to ear. I'm finally marrying the one I love today. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I turned around to see my dad standing in the doorway. "Jon, you nervous?" I took a deep breath and rubbed the back of my neck. "Ha I guess. I think this nervous thing is worse than Game 6 last year." I said nervously laughing. "Jonathan, it's perfectly fine if your nervous. Every man is nervous before their big day. I was when I married your mother. Don't look at it as something you should be nervous about. Look at it as something to look forward to. Two people who love each other dearly come together to go for a new adventure in their lives. You wouldn't have asked Stella to marry you if you didn't love her would you?" I sighed knowing my dad was right. "I do love her." I stated. "Then you would get dressed and get start getting to the ceremony so you won't see a bridezilla." My mom said coming into the closest to see if I was done getting ready or not. Both my dad and I laughed. "She's right you know. Never leave a bride hanging on their big day."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got to the Navy Pier, everything was set up for the wedding. The ceremony was going to be held on the rooftop while the reception was in the Lakeview Terrance. The colors, lilac and pearl white, bloomed all over the room. I fixed my tie, which Stella insisted it would be ivory as well with my vest to stand out with the groomsmen whose ties and vests where lilac. I turned my head to see lilacs on every table. The view of Lake Michigan was spectacular. This would be an amazing wedding. "Jon, the presider's here." Kaner, my Best Man, said. I sighed in relief. "Good, the ceremony is held on the roof remember." I reminded him. "That's where I sent him, but he wants to talk to you for a quick second before the ceremony."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked into the mirror. I can't believe that today has come. "Stell, you look beautiful. Jon won't take his eyes off of you." my mom said. "Or maybe his hands too." Gwen commented. I turned to her. "Funny." She shrugged, "Well, it's bound to come off anyway." We both laughed as my mom continued to fix my dress. "Knock, knock." I heard Coach Q in the doorway. "Is everything clear ladies?" he joked. "Yes, everything is okay." He came in. Considering my dad was in no condition to walk me down the aisle, Jon and I had asked Coach Q in his place. He accepted.

"Stella. You look beautiful."

"Thanks Q. and thank you for doing this in replace of my dad."

"Stella, you are like another daughter for both Elizabeth and myself."

"Thank you." I said continuing to admire myself in the mirror.

"Ready?" Gwen asked. I gulped.

"Either way you have to get out there, Stella." she continued.

I took a deep breath. After I walk into these doors I will no longer be Stella Raymond. I will be Stella Toews.

Coach Q and I headed for the doors. Suddenly the doors flew opened and my heart started racing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doors opened and I saw Stella walking down the aisle with Coach Q. Everyone stood up. As she got closer, I started sweating. She looked astonishing. I couldn't believe that I was going to make her mine in a matter of minutes. Q handed her to me, patting me on the shoulder. The presider told the congregation to sit. Stella and I turned to face the presider. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to bring together in holy matrimony, Jonathan Bryan Toews and Stella Marie Raymond. I there is someone who disagrees with the coming together o Jonathan and Stella, may you speak now and forever hold you peace." The ceremony lasted longer than I thought, but finally it was time to say our vows. The ring barrier, which was Kopy's song, walked up to give us our rings. We both took a ring. The presider told us our vows and we repeated them. "I, Jonathan Bryan Toews, take thee Stella Marie Raymond, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, to death to us part?" I said. "I do." Stella said. "I, Stella Marie Raymond, take thee Jonathan Toews, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, to death to us part?" She said. I smiled. "I do." "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." I took her in and kissed her for the first time being husband and wife."
♠ ♠ ♠
2ND TO LAST CHAPTER!
What do you think?
Stella's Wedding Gown
Bridesmaid
Tuxedos
Sorry for skipping around so much. and sorry or not posting in a while but finally summer is here and hopefully I'll be posting more of That Four Lettered Word. Thanks so much for reading.