Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

Blackhawks Parade and Rally

The boat was just amazing. Jon rented it just for us. As we got on the boat I just completely died. The room was decorated just like the restaurant Jon took us for our first date. The walls were a shade of dark purple. Candles were lit from one end of the room to the other. The table was set up the exact same way. The plates were in the shape of a square just like our the ones on our first date. I looked up at Jon in awe knowing that he had set up everything. His six foot two figure bent down to kiss my head. “I knew you’d like it.” He escorted me to our table. “Jonny. Wow. This is incredible. How’d you get all of this ready?” I asked as our food was set down on our plates. “Well while you were at the bakery I called up a few of the guys and got everything set up. This is like the first dinner with my future bride.” I blushed like crazy.
Once we both finished our dinner Jon lead me out onto the deck. Just in time too; the sun was about to set. I leaned against the railing watching the beauties of nature. Jon wrapped his hands around my waist. “Beautiful isn’t it?” he asked whispering in my ear. I nodded resting my head on his chest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So far its been not even 24 hours since that night on the boat. Jon and I were in his apartment and we were getting ready for the parade. This ought to be the biggest parade if us Blackhawk fans had to wait 49 years just for this day. I sat on the couch admiring the tv screen as almost every channel had something to do with the Stanley Cup or the Blackhawks. I stuck with a random channel that was doing a live stream on the parade downtown. So far most of Michigan Ave was blocked.
“Having fun?” a voice came from out of the blue. I turned around and saw Gwen holding onto Kaner. “Now exactly why do you insist on using your emergency key when it comes to least important emergencies.” I said glaring at Kaner who rolled his eyes. “Anyway,” Gwen pulled me aside as Kaner plopped on the couch. “Sure Kane make yourself as home.” I said. “Thank you!” His voiced echoed as Gwen pulled me more into the kitchen. “So what happened?” Gwen asked.

“What?”

“After you and Jon left the bar?”

“Nothing we got dropped off here and I headed back to work.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah that’s it.” I mocked her.

“You are boring Stell I swear to God.”

“ I’m sorry I need to pay bills too! I can’t just keep on asking Jonny for everything.”

“Yeah whatever.” She said about to walk out of the kitchen.

“But…” I trailed on giving Gwen a story to tell.

“But what?” She hopped back into where she was originally standing.

Gwen is always in for a good story especially when it stories about my dates with Jon. I’ve known Gwen since Jon and Pat’s rookie year. Gwen worked for the concessions at every Hawk game. Somehow our opposite personalities clicked and we became friends.

“But. Yesterday Jon took me to Navy Pier…”

“Navy Pier? What’s good there its almost boring.” She said rudely interrupting me.

“But wait. He rented out one of the cruise boats and recreated our first date.”

“Aww. So romantic.”

“Everything was the same as the restaurant the plates, food, decorations everything.”

“Man I wish Pat was like that.” Her eyes widen at what spit out of her mouth.

“What do you mean if Pat was like that.” I looked at her curiously.

“Well… yesterday Pat asked me out.”

I looked towards Pat who was flipping channels on the T.V. screen then back at Gwen.

“This Pat. Patrick Kane? Number 88? The one who scored in overtime a couple days ago?”

Gwen put her hands up to my head.

“Yes.” She said nodding my head up and down.

“Gwen what are you doing to my fiancée?” Jon said as he slipped into the kitchen giving me a peck on the cheek. Gwen pulled her hands away from my face. “Oh nothing Jonny Boy.”
I glanced at the clock on the oven.

“Shouldn’t we get going?”

“Yes we should.” Kane said jumping onto the counter.

“Kaner off the counter.” Jon said.

When we reached the United Center there were so many news reporters outside waiting for any type of interview with anyone. “Hey babe?” Jon stopped me in my tracks. “Yeah?” “The team is taking a team picture before he head out onto the bus.” “Okay.” “I promise it won’t take that long. Plus it’s going to be a long day.” “Jon I’m fine. I’ll hang out with Gwen in the time being. It’s not that bad Stanley Cup Champ.” I laughed. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder walking into the players entrance. “Jon! Put me down.” He laughed as his continued to walk toward some of the other players. “Jonny Boy put the poor girl down!” Adam Burish yelled. He finally put me down. “You two save that for your honeymoon.” He continued as he walked towards us. He pulled me into a hug. “So how’s the soon to be Jonny’s girl?” I laughed at his comment. “Good. Making a champion cupcake at the bakery. So far success.” Adam licked his lips and rubbed his hands together. “Remember if you need any taste testers just bring them here.” He said walking away with the others.

Its been a good hour or so since I last saw any of the guys. I was hanging out with Gwen and Kaner’s sisters Erica, Jessica, and Jacqueline. “So ladies are we off?” Kaner said pulling his arms around Gwen and Erica. Gwen giggled like crazy. “Yea.” Then the Kanes and Gwen moved along as Jon came towards me with a huge grin on his face. “Well hello there.” He said kissing my forehead. “Come on everyone is waiting.” I said pulling at his home jersey like a 3-year-old. He chuckled as we walked together to the bus holding the Stanley Cup and the Conne Smythe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really liking this chapter. More to come.

Comment?
Rate?
Subscribe?